or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Blockchain CEO calls Apple 'gatekeeper to innovation,' says Bitcoin app removal signals payments push

Blockchain CEO calls Apple 'gatekeeper to innovation,' says Bitcoin app removal signals payments... - Page 6

post #201 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Literally every statement made in that post illustrates that (A) you do not know what you are writing about, and (B) given the opportunity to learn facts, you resist.

If, for whatever reason, one's personal disposition is to fear, distrust or dislike something, nothing can be done to change such superstitious beliefs until one decides to be curious, rather than prejudicial.

I've nothing further to add to this particular thread, at least a number of factual, non-histrionic links have been posted for anyone interested.

show me a SINGLE link of a place I can deposit my Bitcoins and it is guaranteed to be there in 5 years. 

You can't.  Because all of the new hot shot exchanges are one virus away from being the disaster of Mt Gox.

If I hold my bitcoins in an exchange there is ZERO guarantee it will be there tomorrow.  As long as thats the case it will never be at Apple's level.  Raise your game.  You expect the richest and most successful public company in the world to risk its goodwill with partnering with a association that just lost $400M in thin air? 

post #202 of 204
@SpamSandwich,

Here is another theft of bitcoins.

Again, let me say that I think an universal independent currency will exist in our lifetime and will likely be based off the design and codebase of bitcoin but, as it stands now, the current implementation isn't going to work when there is no accountability or protection, and there is large anonymous theft of the nuevo currency taking place. This simply isn't sustainable without safe guards for both customers and institutions.

Perhaps it needs a hold timer put in place that would prevent a transfer or trade from happening instantly. Consider that when you sell stocks it takes 3 days for that sale to become available in your account. What if there was a 3 day hold between initiating a transfer and the transfer going through, with the bitcoin otherwise being invalidated? This would require a new set of protocols to be set up that includes a proper atomic timestamp from the exchange or an independent party that gets embedded into the hash but perhaps this would allow enough time that these nearly instant, internet thefts to be seen before they occur thus allowing the exchange to react accordingly.
Edited by SolipsismX - 3/4/14 at 9:11am

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

post #203 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

@SpamSandwich,

Here is another theft of bitcoins.

Again, let me say that I think an universal independent currency will exist in our lifetime and will likely be based off the design and codebase of bitcoin but, as it stands now, the current implementation isn't going to work when there is no accountability or protection, and there is large anonymous theft of the nuevo currency taking place. This simply isn't sustainable without safe guards for both customers and institutions.

Perhaps it needs a hold timer put in place that would prevent a transfer or trade from happening instantly. Consider that when you sell stocks it takes 3 days for that sale to become available in your account. What if there was a 3 day hold between initiating a transfer and the transfer going through, with the bitcoin otherwise being invalidated? This would require a new set of protocols to be set up that includes a proper atomic timestamp from the exchange or an independent party that gets embedded into the hash but perhaps this would allow enough time that these nearly instant, internet thefts to be seen before they occur thus allowing the exchange to react accordingly.

Out of respect, I submit this link as a response: http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/detail/watching-mt-gox-collapse-from-the-inside#axzz2smJgYLg6

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #204 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Out of respect, I submit this link as a response: http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/detail/watching-mt-gox-collapse-from-the-inside#axzz2smJgYLg6

I had read that last week, but I'm not sure what you want me to take from that.

I see…
Quote:
Enforceable contractual law is necessary for free markets to flourish, and I know we will see more sophisticated agreements form from out of this disaster, either insurance offers, multisignature bonds being held, or some other scheme.

I just don't see this current iteration gaining the proper traction and respect without more safeguards in place. I don't have to worry that my bank will collapse or that it will get robbed because my money is insured by the FDIC. Now, if the US falls in some Red Dawn scenario with Cubans attacking from Canada then I would be screwed until Patrick Swayze leads the resistance to fight off the Commies, but until such time I don't feel like I'm taking a risk with my bank.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Blockchain CEO calls Apple 'gatekeeper to innovation,' says Bitcoin app removal signals payments push