or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumors: Apple prepping bezel-free design, Sony FaceTime camera for 'iPhone 6'

Rumors: Apple prepping bezel-free design, Sony FaceTime camera for 'iPhone 6' - Page 3

post #81 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Posts or parts of them that are critical of other members directly are off-topic. Insults are removed as are posts that aren't going to keep the thread on topic such as:

"Aw Honey, is that old blow to the head coming back to haunt you again? It's okay Dear, I know you're trying, but "Insider" does not mean the same thing as "fan." Maybe we should look into adjusting your dosage so that painfully obvious points like that don't keep slipping through, hm?

Well "fan" sure as hell doesn't equal "objective," now does it? It's the very definition of biased.

No, how about YOU shut up for a change? That crap that's dripping out of your nozzle today is even more ridiculous than usual. Go watch Olympics or play with your key something. Whatever keeps you away from here."

The topic of the thread is "Apple prepping bezel-free design". Not one part of that post had anything to do with the topic. Posts get removed and edited back to a point where it's going to stay on topic. Sometimes topics skew to something else and as long as it's civilized it's ok but arguing is not constructive. There is a degree of interpretation as to what posts are on topic enough but I try not to stifle the conversation.

Tallest Skil hasn't removed any posts, it's pretty much always me and there isn't any preferred treatment given to one member over another. When two people don't get along, they both think the other is being treated better because they haven't been banned yet. People don't get banned or posts deleted for having one opinion or another because moderating is not about curating opinions, it's about maintaining civil discussion. If people don't want to engage with another member, that's what the ignore list is for. I don't really get why members who can't stand other members refuse to put them on their block list but I think some people like to screen the posts to find instances of them breaking the rules to try and get them permanently banned. That's not really helpful.

As for leaving reasons for deletion, it uses up too much space and would be very time consuming. I just removed the last 16 posts about this issue as it's just serving to derail the thread completely and if I had to edit every one instead of doing a batch delete, it would take far too long and it gives people a reason to argue with every decision. You have to trust that moderators are acting in the best interests of the forum and I'm happy to justify the decisions I make but when posts are clearly off-topic, the reason for deletion shouldn't need to be questioned.

Okay, I understand and respect your judgement. I apologize for my bluster.

I also apologize to Tallest Skil for the misdirected accusation. I was wrong.

The only issue left is that it's both fun and funny to write stuff like the "Oh Honey" bit. Where will I exercise that craft if not here? ;)

post #82 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Posts or parts of them that are critical of other members directly are off-topic. Insults are removed as are posts that aren't going to keep the thread on topic such as:

"Aw Honey, is that old blow to the head coming back to haunt you again? It's okay Dear, I know you're trying, but "Insider" does not mean the same thing as "fan." Maybe we should look into adjusting your dosage so that painfully obvious points like that don't keep slipping through, hm?

Well "fan" sure as hell doesn't equal "objective," now does it? It's the very definition of biased.

The topic of the thread is "Apple prepping bezel-free design". Not one part of that post had anything to do with the topic. Posts get removed and edited back to a point where it's going to stay on topic. Sometimes topics skew to something else and as long as it's civilized it's ok but arguing is not constructive. There is a degree of interpretation as to what posts are on topic enough but I try not to stifle the conversation.

Tallest Skil hasn't removed any posts, it's pretty much always me and there isn't any preferred treatment given to one member over another. When two people don't get along, they both think the other is being treated better because they haven't been banned yet. People don't get banned or posts deleted for having one opinion or another because moderating is not about curating opinions, it's about maintaining civil discussion. If people don't want to engage with another member, that's what the ignore list is for. I don't really get why members who can't stand other members refuse to put them on their block list but I think some people like to screen the posts to find instances of them breaking the rules to try and get them permanently banned. That's not really helpful.

As for leaving reasons for deletion, it uses up too much space and would be very time consuming. I just removed the last 16 posts about this issue as it's just serving to derail the thread completely and if I had to edit every one instead of doing a batch delete, it would take far too long and it gives people a reason to argue with every decision. You have to trust that moderators are acting in the best interests of the forum and I'm happy to justify the decisions I make but when posts are clearly off-topic, the reason for deletion shouldn't need to be questioned.

You should make this a sticky.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
post #83 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

That's the most reasonable mockup: 4.5" screen, 16:9 aspect ratio and standard 720p resolution (retina display or 326 dpi) without increasing the phone size. I still believe in this one more than any other purported, concept or mockup ones.

I still think they might increase the overall size of the phone just a little tiny bit. Why go from 4 to 4.5 when you can go to 5 for just a little bigger?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Rumors: Apple prepping bezel-free design, Sony FaceTime camera for 'iPhone 6'
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rumors: Apple prepping bezel-free design, Sony FaceTime camera for 'iPhone 6'