or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Mac Pro ship times slip to April as demand continues to outstrip supply

Mac Pro ship times slip to April as demand continues to outstrip supply - Page 3

post #81 of 109
I've been saving up for a new computer for quite a while so I four-week wait was no hardship for me , been using my new Mac pro for a couple weeks now and it's awesome ! When I go over to my girlfriends I take it with me it fits in my camera bag it's awesome!
post #82 of 109

Hiow can the mac pro fit in a camera bag? It is quite large and tall.

post #83 of 109
Is my older video camera bag

post #84 of 109

That is some bag WOW!

post #85 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

That is some bag WOW!

You do realise the Mac Pro is only this size:

That would easily fit in a lot of video camera bags.
post #86 of 109
Thank you there is a lot of misconceptions about the new Mac pro

I can't believe how small the new Mac Pro is and it doesn't weigh much either

It is so quiet I hope you enjoy it as I'm enjoying mine
post #87 of 109

Sales tax in Japan goes up 3% from April, which would add $180 to the cost of the MP (CTO).  I am not against the tax, but I would like to have the money to spend elsewhere!

Conspiracy theory:  Apple is delaying my order until the tax increase in order to....    8-)

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

You're = a contraction of YOU + ARE as in, "You are right" --> "You're right."

Your = the possessive of you, as in, "Your name is Tom, right?" or "What is your name?"

post #88 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Conspiracy theory:  Apple is delaying my order until the tax increase in order to....    1cool.gif

LOL!
post #89 of 109

Theory wrong.

post #90 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvfox View Post

Theory wrong.

It was a joke...

post #91 of 109

Still waiting... 66 days.  Orders made weeks after mine are getting delivered.

What is the holdup, Apple?

post #92 of 109

Stopped by my shop, an Apple Premium Reseller, today.  They had just checked with Apple.

My order will not process until April.  

Yeah, April.  And they can even say early, mid or late April.

THREE MONTHS.  Or MORE.  

Regarding the sales tax increase, the shop was essentially told, tough.

Checking online, people who ordered in February are already receiving their orders.  Not the same config, but the same parts (6 core, 32GB RAM, 1TB, D700), so it is not due to a lack of parts. US seems to get first treatment, regardless of order date.

I also called the Apple Store; if I ordered through them today, my order would process in, drumroll, APRIL.  The same as an order made through a Premium Reseller (title decided by Apple) in January.

Insanity.

Edited by Bergermeister - 3/23/14 at 1:27am

post #93 of 109
You've left me confused , I thought you ordered already ? Will new product from Apple comes out the smart thing to do is to order from Apple directly ! I live in the UK it took four weeks for me a cup of my friends said it took six weeks ! I'm 45 and converted to Apple for years ago the best decision I made ! Since then I've had a lot of negativity about Apple most of it is bullshit !!!
I'm enjoying my new Mac Pro it was worth the wait and it is so quiet I forget is on is the best computer I've ever had good luck on your purchase and I hope it arrives soon

:-)
Edited by comley - 3/23/14 at 12:24am
post #94 of 109

Sorry.  

I was told today that my order placed on January 16 would arrive in April.

I called the Apple Store to see when an order placed now (late March) would arrive.  They said April.

I've been an Apple user since the Apple IIe back in the 1980s.  Have had ups and downs in my satisfaction with them.  Am in one of the down periods right now, I guess.

Edited by Bergermeister - 3/23/14 at 1:31am

post #95 of 109
I'm sorry ... We all have ups and down I understand is very frustrating
I went to apple store and had training it was pretty poor then I found out , i it was a Apple franchise , I buy all my products from Apple shops or online apple store and I'll book training with Apple And it was fantastic my spirit of apple has been positive 95% of time !!
I would never go back to PC !! I hope you get your Mac Pro soon good luck
post #96 of 109

My shop called Apple again today and, though I don't know the content of the discussion, my order status has moved up a notch.

So, there is hope yet...

A frustrating wait to go through, but I hope to putting the beast to good use soon and forget about it all.

Edited by Bergermeister - 3/24/14 at 1:27am

post #97 of 109

Have some patience and you will rewarded greatly.

post #98 of 109
Quote:

My shop called Apple again today and, though I don't know the content of the discussion, my order status has moved up a notch.

So, there is hope yet...

A frustrating wait to go through, but I hope to putting the beast to good use soon and forget about it all.

Would it be faster if you ordered from Apple in the states and then had it forwarded directly to you that way? I seem to recall your iMac taking a very long time, too.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #99 of 109

It arrived yesterday and is churning away. 

Hopefully others get theirs in good time.

post #100 of 109
Quote:

It arrived yesterday and is churning away. 

Hopefully others get theirs in good time.

Hurray! And the fact that you have time to post this on AI is commendable. Enjoy the Mac!
post #101 of 109
Now you can be positive:-)
post #102 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by comley View Post

Now you can be positive:-)

But there are always those conspiracy theories...

And iOS7...

post #103 of 109
You can please some people some of the time you can't please all the people all of the time !! And there's always going to be a conspiracy somewhere . We'll like a conspiracy . I've been using my Mac pro now for a few weeks is incredible bits of kit all I need now is good software .

I need to transfer files from hardcopy to my computer which is recognised as a text document so the Mac could read it as I am dyslexic any suggestions ?? Please
post #104 of 109
Quote:

I need to transfer files from hardcopy to my computer which is recognised as a text document so the Mac could read it as I am dyslexic any suggestions ?? Please

Don't scanners come with OCR software?
post #105 of 109

Enjoy it and I wish you best of luck with it.

post #106 of 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

No
post #107 of 109
Quote:

Quote:

No

What is the output file? PDF? If so, and your current hard copies are well-printed, scan them, and copy the text from the PDF into a word processor. That will only give you the text, not any graphics, and sucks if there's a whole stack of papers to be done.

Bit of a well-duh post now that I wrote it.
post #108 of 109
Quote:

Every scanner I've purchased in the past few years has included OCR as far as I know.
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
post #109 of 109
I have text help and Dragon and paperPort on my PC I do not need Dragon or text help on my Mac Pro it handles the reading software pretty well. I can transfer documents to my Mac but it doesn't read them been severely dyslexic this is frustrating whether I was told there is many software which will help I just thought so one can recommend a very good one
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › Mac Pro ship times slip to April as demand continues to outstrip supply