or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple hires yet another medical sensor expert as 'iWatch' hype grows

Apple hires yet another medical sensor expert as 'iWatch' hype grows - Page 2

post #41 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I just hope it doesn't have Siri say .. "Now, you have already had two gin and tonics, that's enough for today."

It's coming, Bro! 

Although, gin and tonics do ward off malaria.

"Always 'dress for dinner,' even in the jungle!" :)

Best.

Edited by christopher126 - 2/13/14 at 3:50pm
post #42 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

“It’s television, Tim, but not as we know it.”

As usual, I don't quite get the reference?

post #43 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

You're doing it the sensible way. I'm just running off like I'm running away from something. Or someone. Anyway, not good. I did get injured at the beginning, because I was liking it so much (the running) that I didn't mind it so much (the injuries).

I know better now: I do short (<10km) runs one day and the next day a longer run. Not necessarily running every day. I also have some cycling and swimming to do. The swimming part is laying dormant, which is not good. I really need guidance on that matter.

Gees, a total OT post. Hmm, I know: why doesn't Apple hire some more medical experts to we can monitor our heath easier and more precise? Ah. they are? Pfew, OT again!

Bro, bin' down that road. As soon as I started getting fast, I went out and either got a minor calf pull or a major Achilles tendon strain.

It's so hard to do, but recommend minimum of 24 hr's btwn runs. On the off day, swim or ride. 

Rich Roll, Ultra Ironman and former college swimmer (Stanford) said the tri-athletes he sees, swimming is usually the weakest part. He says they are "muscling" themselves thru the water. Overusing their legs (should be using their arms) which compromises the bike and the run segment. His advice is, get a swim coach for 6 mo's. 

**Don't want to sound like I know everything...(I don't) Just conversational.

Like we're having a beer and I'm doing all the "talking!" :)

I love swimming.

Here in Arizona, in summer, when it's 110 degrees in the afternoon, I love to go knock out a mile in the pool!  It's like a massage. (No impact-heaven!) :)

Best.

Question: Is NL in your signature, "Naderlands?" (Forgive my spelling.)

I was born in Amsterdam! Only 2 yrs, English parents. :)

post #44 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher126 View Post

I know KB, my proctologist has fingers like "sausages!" Ugh!

Always select a female proctologist, they have small hands. 1smoking.gif
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
Long on AAPL so biased
post #45 of 50
Quote:

It's coming, Bro! 

Although, gin and tonics do ward off malaria.

"Always 'dress for dinner,' even in the jungle!" 1smile.gif

Best.

Tonic water, well the quinine in it to be accurate, is excellent at stopping muscle cramps too. The gin seems not to interfere with that property I am happy to report.
Long on AAPL so biased
Long on AAPL so biased
post #46 of 50
Quote:

Bro, bin' down that road. As soon as I started getting fast, I went out and either got a minor calf pull or a major Achilles tendon strain.

It's so hard to do, but recommend minimum of 24 hr's btwn runs. On the off day, swim or ride. 

This is indeed what I do...now.
Quote:
Rich Roll, Ultra Ironman and former college swimmer (Stanford) said the tri-athletes he sees, swimming is usually the weakest part. He says they are "muscling" themselves thru the water. Overusing their legs (should be using their arms) which compromises the bike and the run segment. His advice is, get a swim coach for 6 mo's. 

I'm listening to his podcasts...thanks to you.
Quote:
**Don't want to sound like I know everything...(I don't) Just conversational.

Like we're having a beer and I'm doing all the "talking!" 1smile.gif

I hope the time difference isn't taking the fun out of it; I find it difficult to maintain a conversation on a forum and find out someone replied while I was asleep.
Quote:
I love swimming.

Here in Arizona, in summer, when it's 110 degrees in the afternoon, I love to go knock out a mile in the pool!  It's like a massage. (No impact-heaven!) 1smile.gif

Best.

I love swimming as well. A new pool just opened around the corner where I live, but it's a short one; 25 meters. It's a 10km ride to get to a 50 meter pool, but a great workout. Two for one, I say.
Quote:
Question: Is NL in your signature, "Naderlands?" (Forgive my spelling.)

I was born in Amsterdam! Only 2 yrs, English parents. 1smile.gif

Ha! Amsterdam, who would've thought. So you're Dutch, like me, also from The Netherlands.

Best to you too
Send from my iPhone. Excuse brevity and auto-corrupt.
post #47 of 50
Quote:

To paraphrase Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body - "you're not even a backdoor virgin"!

post #48 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

Quote:

To paraphrase Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body - "you're not even a backdoor virgin"!

I haven't seen that movie. Was it a good one, in hindsight?
post #49 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestKeptSecret View Post

I know BestK..S.... I asked him, if he had done any time? Ugh!

post #50 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I haven't seen that movie. Was it a good one, in hindsight?

There was no sight of Megan's hind so the jury's still out on whether the movie is any good...

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple hires yet another medical sensor expert as 'iWatch' hype grows