or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rovio's 'Angry Birds Stella' to debut this fall with female protagonist

Rovio's 'Angry Birds Stella' to debut this fall with female protagonist

post #1 of 15
Finnish game developers Rovio on Thursday unveiled Angry Birds Stella, a new entry in the Angry Birds franchise featuring the pink, female Stella character as the game's protagonist.

Angry Birds Stella

Thursday's announcement was light on details, with no firm release date -- the company said the game will bow "in the fall of this year" --?and only hinted at what the game mechanics may be. The new cast of characters will have to find "creative solutions" to deal with "serious issues," perhaps indicating that the game will be focused on puzzle solving rather than siege tactics.

In addition, Angry Birds Stella will be set in a new, as-yet-unseen part of the Angry Birds Universe. The company teased the game yesterday on Twitter, promising a "big adventure."

Rovio added that Angry Birds Stell would touch nearly every part of the now-massive Angry Birds product empire. It will include "games, animations, books, toys and other fun stuff," Rovio said.
post #2 of 15

Cant wait.  I have all the games.  They rock.  Stellaaaa!

An Apple man since 1977
An Apple man since 1977
post #3 of 15
I must be a strange guy. I played AB for five minutes and was so bored I fell asleep. Trying to keep up with all the changes to Final Cut Pro X is far more entertaining to me ... 1biggrin.gif
From Apple ][ - to new Mac Pro I've used them all.
Long on AAPL so biased
"Google doesn't sell you anything, they just sell you!"
Long on AAPL so biased
post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerk36 View Post

Stellaaaa!

I coulda been a contender
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
post #5 of 15
Was an alternative title A Slingshot Named Desire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I must be a strange guy. I played AB for five minutes and was so bored I fell asleep. Trying to keep up with all the changes to Final Cut Pro X is far more entertaining to me ... 1biggrin.gif

I played the original and finished every level with 3 stars. I've played some of the other ones and it's admittedly fin and clever some of the ideas they have, but I never finished those games. I think it's been a couple years since I last had it installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I coulda been a contender

Was there a Stella in On The Waterfront?

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

This bot has been removed from circulation due to a malfunctioning morality chip.

post #6 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'm confusing my Brando movies lol, but someday and that day may never come I'm going call upon you for a service. lol.gif
post #7 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I'm confusing my Brando movies lol, but someday and that day may never come I'm going call upon you for a service. lol.gif

My favorite Brando lines and perhaps one of top 10 favorite lines from The Wild One (1953).

GIRL
What're you rebelling against, Johnny?

JOHNNY
Whaddya got?

post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

My favorite Brando lines and perhaps one of top 10 favorite lines from The Wild One (1953).

GIRL
What're you rebelling against, Johnny?

JOHNNY
Whaddya got?

We have a few posters here following that exact creed! 1biggrin.gif
Long on AAPL so biased
Long on AAPL so biased
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

We have a few posters here following that exact creed! 1biggrin.gif

lol.gif I agree, the best is when 2 posters are in agreement and don't realize it.
post #10 of 15

I've never gotten into the Angry Birds games, but it's great to have a female protagonist. Sad though that they chose such a stereotypical way to portray her (pink with large eyelashes). Ugh! At least they didn't give her lip(beak)stick and/or a bow on her head. 

post #11 of 15

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Ten years ago, we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash.  Today we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

post #12 of 15

Stella has been integrated into the games via update for a while now and is in the latest one where you race the go carts. 

post #13 of 15
So, it really should be called "Angry Chicks"?
post #14 of 15

I thought they were all females and the pigs were males.

I thought it was a subtle dig at the cliché of male chauvinism...

post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatisgoingon View Post

So, it really should be called "Angry Chicks"?

1smile.gif
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Rovio's 'Angry Birds Stella' to debut this fall with female protagonist