or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung parodies Apple's iPad Air 'Pencil' ad with new Galaxy Tab Pro spot

Samsung parodies Apple's iPad Air 'Pencil' ad with new Galaxy Tab Pro spot - Page 5

post #161 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq2 View Post

The more successful Apple is, the more lather-y and vehement the haters get.

Seriously, do you not read comment sections? For example, this is a sampling of comments from a UK site ("Which?") that had the temerity to recently test battery life of the iPad and several Android tabs (which the iPad won handily):

...and this is fairly typical of the vast horde of what I would call iHaters, at least in my experience. For some reason, these folks just freak out over Apple - it's inexplicable. 

It's just a battery-life comparison! And perhaps not unexpectedly, the more expensive tablet won. For cryin out loud, wipe that spittle off your screen, learn to spell, and get a life...

Thanks for the quotes, which back up my statement recently about the large number of miserable anti-Apple sods that exist in my decrepit country.
“I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.”
post #162 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

Every Youtube video from Microsoft comes to mind.

Even this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JObFlEvc-Eg

I actually find that one particularly embarrassing for Microsoft. They are showing advanced accessibility technology from another company and showing it in a way that misleads people to believe it is actually Microsoft technology. The technology from Tobii is cool, Microsoft is not.

post #163 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalogical View Post

Nope. Not even close.

The "I'm a mac/I'm a pc" campaign wasn't about snarky, petty and stupid "direct comparisons". It was putting a relationship on display, and highlighting various strengths and weaknesses through the acting out of that relationship.  

I'm Steve... and I'm Bill.  (Bill has a cold and sneezes), Steve: What's wrong Bill?   Bill: Be careful there's a nasty virus going around.  Steve: Oh don't worry, I'm pretty much not affected by those...  Bill (incredulous): Really? I get them all the time!   Steve: Nope, not a problem here...  (Bill, getting sicker, passes out (locks up), and assistance is called in...).

It was cute, funny, and (painfully) right on the money.

The beauty of that campaign was, Apple never directly put down or disparaged Microsoft, never did any hard side-by-side product comparisons, and the series was entirely based on longstanding, well-known and already popularized realities of the two platforms...

That was brilliant. This Samsung series is cynical, crude, bordering on offensive at times, and panders to the lesser angels of our nature. 

I spent years in advertising. This kind of campaign isn't effective beyond the low-hanging fruit. In fact, it lessens the company producing them.

I'm not sure you could really "lessen" Samsung, but there it is.

It also highlights to me just how clearly they missed the entire point of Apple's "pencil" ad.

It wasn't all about the physical dimensions. It was a deep and reflective "poem" about the value and ubiquitous nature of a great tool. An Immersive, poetic and philosophical ad. 

Samsung's? Trite, petty, and cynical. 

These values are clearly reflected in their products. I can tell you which I choose.....!

Brilliant comments.
post #164 of 185
"Location: UK"
Pfft.
What did I tell you about that?
Don't deny that an anti-Apple sentiment runs deep there, folks. I'm constantly reminded of it here in the forums.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #165 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone-UI-Guy View Post

I actually find that one particularly embarrassing for Microsoft. They are showing advanced accessibility technology from another company and showing it in a way that misleads people to believe it is actually Microsoft technology. The technology from Tobii is cool, Microsoft is not.

That's not the point. First of all, it's a collaboration between Tobii and Microsoft. Second, Microsoft is not advertising their own technology. They're promoting technology in general, throwing down their proverbial gauntlets as competitors and instead focusing on making life better for everyone instead of getting hung up on petty rivalries.

post #166 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetCanadaV2 View Post

"hiding behind the iPad Air". That's all I heard.

Hiding in its shadow is more like it. 

post #167 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

3 days. There's only 3 day and 10 day bans. Huddler might not let you know the details but some people sign up with disposable email addresses and won't get notifications. That's a good and bad thing depending on who it is that was banned.
It's not frowned on to call things out, just to do it in certain ways. There were a few infractions but the one that led to the temporary ban was the rant against Spamsandwich, which had multiple personal attacks. Infractions are most commonly for personal attacks towards long-term members.

There's a block list that people can and should use to avoid repeatedly getting into arguments with long-term members as it hides all their posts and it's not appropriate to announce who you're putting on it during a thread as some people like to do.

If you think a post is inappropriate, there's a flag icon to mark it. Inappropriate doesn't mean expressing an opinion you disagree with or coming from a poster you don't like though.

The simplest and most important rule to remember is don't address attacks at people. Don't call someone stupid for making a post, explain why their post is stupid or simply ignore it. People who come here to annoy people do it for the attention (e.g MrSimple) and when they get it, they got what they came for regardless of what happens. They don't want to be corrected because they'll just cycle through the same arguments they've had for years so it just derails a thread into insults. A lot of the nuisance posters are the same ones coming back so they get wiped immediately.

Thanks for the elaboration, appreciate it. Yes, I should use the block list. I tend to get passionate, as I tend to see right and wrong pretty clearly, and have a hard time shutting up when I see people insinuating nasty things, and hold ugly views that promote human suffering, or pettily tear people down simply because they have a different ideology- no matter how much overall good these people have done for the world and the advance of mankind. I'm also irritated that posters like Constable Odo can post the same rant, about the same topic, in every single thread with the blatant intention to derail (which usually happens)- and face absolutely no consequences.  

post #168 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

. I'm also irritated that posters like Constable Odo can post the same rant, about the same topic, in every single thread with the blatant intention to derail (which usually happens)- and face absolutely no consequences.  

He was quickly added to my block list. Threads are so much better to read since.
post #169 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

He was quickly added to my block list. Threads are so much better to read since.

Welcome to the Odo-less Club.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #170 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmall View Post

I recently bought a Samsung refrigerator. It's a nice appliance but I must admit that I've been feeling guilty about it.

Samsung's business model is technology thievery. Their ripoff of the iPhone and iPad was so blatant that their CEO should go to jail for it. They've ripped off Dyson vacuum cleaners too.

It's what they do and it is who they are. A company that operates like the Mafia.

you do know that Dyson dropped the lawsuit

Quote:

Dyson has issued a statement on the matter, its response is included below:

"Dyson pioneered cyclonic vacuum cleaners and digital motors – and has been developing them ever since. We patent our technology, and naturally defend it. It is surprising that a company over 100 times bigger than Dyson is so worried. The patent system offers us some protection, but not enough: with an army of lawyers, hidden prior art is occasionally found and ways to design around existing patents identified."

though this had me chuckling away

Quote:
 Dyson's decision to sue Samsung over claims it copied its vacuum design looks like it's really starting to suck. Less than six months after it took action against the Korean company for allegedly infringing its patents, which it later dropped, Dyson now finds itself on the receiving end of a multi-million dollar countersuit. The Korea Times reports that Samsung isn't looking to prove the validity of its designs. Instead it's focusing on the resulting legal fallout: The company claims last year's litigation "hurt [its] corporate image" by labelling it as a serial copycat, so it's seeking 10 billion won ($9.43 million) compensation because it "negatively affected" Samsung as a brand.
post #171 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Welcome to the Odo-less Club.

Everything smells nicer with de-odo-rant. 1wink.gif
post #172 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyZoSerious View Post

Indeed, Samsung will teach these pretentious Dyson patent freaks a lesson they won't soon forget.

"Samsung has the right to assess the damage the lawsuit has caused. Samsung is going to take a hard-line stance against patent trolls that use litigations as a marketing tool," the executive said."

If only Apple were not protected by the US government and a ridiculous patent law...

Hi and welcome to the forum, enjoy your (short) stay.

Hopefully Samsung are enjoying the cases going through right now in Australia (where the Tab 10.1 was withdrawn from sale then reinstated) and Germany.

Away from the US where they have this ridiculous notion that offering up patents as part of a standard means standing by your word and honouring your commitment, obviously something those scumbags at Samsung are unfamiliar with.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
post #173 of 185

I do have to say that I wish iOS had multiwindow multitasking. It's a really useful feature.

post #174 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

"Location: UK"
Pfft.
What did I tell you about that?
Don't deny that an anti-Apple sentiment runs deep there, folks. I'm constantly reminded of it here in the forums.

Who are you pointing at?

singularity is the only user in this thread with that exact location, and he hasn't posted anything particularly anti-Apple.  At worst he was neutral.

Or are you talking about Which magazine?  Because that's just one publication amongst many.

Other UK-based users in this thread that haven't been anti-Apple: MazeCookie, KiltedGreen, Benjamin Frost.

Even if I've somehow missed one (deleted post?), that's 1 hit in 5.  Not running especially deep, even if you assume AppleInsider is a good sample set.

There is no unusually deep anti-Apple sentiment in the UK.

censored

censored

post #175 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Who are you pointing at?

singularity is the only user in this thread with that exact location, and he hasn't posted anything particularly anti-Apple.  At worst he was neutral.

Or are you talking about Which magazine?  Because that's just one publication amongst many.

Other UK-based users in this thread that haven't been anti-Apple: MazeCookie, KiltedGreen, Benjamin Frost.

Even if I've somehow missed one (deleted post?), that's 1 hit in 5.  Not running especially deep, even if you assume AppleInsider is a good sample set.

The Guardian and that stupid Judge, forgot his name, the one who made Apple post a notice on their website then went on to work for Samsung in the US.

post #176 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post

The Guardian and that stupid Judge, forgot his name, the one who made Apple post a notice on their website then went on to work for Samsung in the US.

You mean The Right Honourable Sir Robin Jacob.

Nice how you can dismiss his extremely extensive experience with "that stupid Judge". There's also the fact that 3 more judges enforced his order when Apple disobeyed it. Once you ignore enough facts then I'm sure your position becomes logical, but he simply ruled that Apple had lied throughout Europe on the reality of a case and done harm to Samsung, so Samsung was entitled to some recompense.

In fact, he appeared as an expert witness for Samsung after retiring and because lets face it, he's an expert witness. That's not really the same as working for Samsung and there's no suggestion of corruption.

Please, get your facts straight. Apple's behaviour in that case was inexcusable and I've posted the court documents showing all 4 judges' frustration before.

post #177 of 185

The Guardian have a bash at Apple's business practices every now and then (no worse than the New York Times though), but they aren't particularly anti-Apple technology.  Charles Arthur, their technology editor, is fair and balanced and often comes out saying Apple are better.  Hell, John Gruber has linked to his articles on more than one occasion.

In terms of judges, ItsTheInternet has it covered.  Just because a judgement doesn't go Apple's way doesn't make an entire country biased.

Plus, Suddenly Newton was referring to a post on this forum.

censored

censored

post #178 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Who are you pointing at?

yes I'm from the UK and my stance on Apple is neutral.

To me they are a company that has some great, desirable products (I was left alone by my wife for 10 minutes and boom the  iPhone was in my hands :)) and some that are meh to me (iMacs) but that's because of what I do with tech items I do own. Computer wise I'm probably always going to be a Win PC person because the games I play, current and historical and work.

I've read this forum for quite some time before actually joining, actually its taken me two years to get around to post lol.

My personal opinion is that there are some very rabid Apple fans here but as its an Appleinsider not googleinser/Samsunginsider etc that is to be expected but most seem to reasonably balanced. If I post its because I have something to say and the time to post and there are always some interesting responses to the OP and subsequent posts.

post #179 of 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheInternet View Post

You mean The Right Honourable Sir Robin Jacob.

Nice how you can dismiss his extremely extensive experience with "that stupid Judge". There's also the fact that 3 more judges enforced his order when Apple disobeyed it. Once you ignore enough facts then I'm sure your position becomes logical, but he simply ruled that Apple had lied throughout Europe on the reality of a case and done harm to Samsung, so Samsung was entitled to some recompense.

In fact, he appeared as an expert witness for Samsung after retiring and because lets face it, he's an expert witness. That's not really the same as working for Samsung and there's no suggestion of corruption.

Please, get your facts straight. Apple's behaviour in that case was inexcusable and I've posted the court documents showing all 4 judges' frustration before.

He was a right, dodgy old prick paid off for judicial abuse of power.

Apple was proved and continues to be proved correct under other jurisdictions, Samsung stole their inventions in order to copy them.

post #180 of 185
Quote:

He was a right, dodgy old prick paid off for judicial abuse of power.

Apple was proved and continues to be proved correct under other jurisdictions, Samsung stole their inventions in order to copy them.

Those things are not true. Samsung do copy some things, but they did not copy Apple's Registered Design. Apple misled people and made claims to official agencies which were incorrect. 3 other judges enforced the order against Apple.

If you don't want to believe these facts, that's up to you, but they are still facts.

post #181 of 185
Quote:

Those things are not true. Samsung do copy some things, but they did not copy Apple's Registered Design. Apple misled people and made claims to official agencies which were incorrect. 3 other judges enforced the order against Apple.

If you don't want to believe these facts, that's up to you, but they are still facts.

Facts as seen through the eyes of a dodgy judge, paid off for his efforts of distorting the truth and his "old boy" mates who blindly support their own because, well because that's just how it is.

Gotta keep up the pretence that justice is not a saleable commodity.

post #182 of 185
Quote:

Facts as seen through the eyes of a dodgy judge, paid off for his efforts of distorting the truth and his "old boy" mates who blindly support their own because, well because that's just how it is.

Gotta keep up the pretence that justice is not a saleable commodity.

What evidence would convince you if 4 different senior judges won't? It sounds like you're just putting your fingers in your ears. I'll provide any reasonable evidence you ask for but you can't act as if you're right because you can call people corrupt.

post #183 of 185
Quote:

What evidence would convince you if 4 different senior judges won't? It sounds like you're just putting your fingers in your ears. I'll provide any reasonable evidence you ask for but you can't act as if you're right because you can call people corrupt.

Gotta kowtow to your betters, huh, doff your cap and be thankful?

Maybe Apple should have offered more cash to the judge, err future consultant and things would have played out differently.

post #184 of 185
Quote:

Gotta kowtow to your betters, huh, doff your cap and be thankful?

I'm a successful independent contractor, believe me when I say I don't have to be thankful to any betters. I simply respect the judicial branch of Government. They do an impossibly hard job and face criticism from all sides.

This all doesn't change the facts, just because you can accuse 1, 4, 7 or 20 judges of being corrupt doesn't mean they are. It's just a way to act like their words have no validity, which they clearly do as Apple obeyed them.

post #185 of 185
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! It's thinner and made of plastic has a weaker processed and is 4 months newer then the iPad air and the iPad mini is thinner and lighter than the galaxy tab
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Samsung parodies Apple's iPad Air 'Pencil' ad with new Galaxy Tab Pro spot
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Samsung parodies Apple's iPad Air 'Pencil' ad with new Galaxy Tab Pro spot