or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Barclays downgrades rating on Apple stock due to maturing smartphone market, tells investors to 'step aside'

Barclays downgrades rating on Apple stock due to maturing smartphone market, tells investors to... - Page 3

post #81 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Funny Barclays.

Look here they have 337,820 in Bearish options. (look at bearish Option trades table)

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2014/02/18/apple-hedge-whale-wisdom/

Ridiculous that they have a massive Bear position and then they release a massive bearish analysis note.

This really makes me wish Apple would spend every dollar they have available to buy back shares right now.
Short squeeze Barclays into a grease spot.
post #82 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by total View Post

well, after earnings report on January stock recovered faster than i expected, so this "correction" is nothing new for everyone who owns AAPL. Im curious what will happen in next weeks, because:

monday - samsung galaxy S5 (potential downside for AAPL)
friday - shareholder meeting (potential down / upside)

and probably most importantly, overall market correction is waiting, but here is possible that if market will fall 10%, AAPL can fall lower 5% or so.

I always assume the worst, too, but I think that when Samsung introduced the Galaxy S4, AAPL went up 3 or 4%.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #83 of 96

Stupid is as stupid does that's what barkley's is, plain stupid! There are a lot more smartphone buyers that haven't bought yet and Apple has a lot more to give yet. Believing theses clowns that call themselves Anal-ists. Apple had the 5th largest quarter in history most of it from iPhone sales.

So now suddenly there's going to be a drop? There's way more to come for a drop unless you believe these clowns. Google keeps climbing with Android getting more and more malware ridden, they missed there forecast and yet there stock goes up. Anal-ists are so full of it!

post #84 of 96
Some analysts are good. You gotta go with cantor Fitzgerald on Apple today. Google their report on China Mobile's January spike.
post #85 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

I've said before that I don't like these long quiet periods from Apple because they create a vacuum that gets filled with FUD and D&G. But, and this is a big BUT, I'm glad Apple beats to its own drum and doesn't make product decisions based on Wall Street analysts or some need to match what others are doing. I trust that Cook and team are doing what they think is best for Apple not what will give CNBC something to talk about for a day.

The next big product is coming very soon. I know this to be true thanks to what I think is some good intel. 

It will be downplayed at first, but it will be a growth product for Apple.  

post #86 of 96
This is bull....
Apple is doing well generally and has a promising outlook. I wonder what these arm chair analysts are talking about.
post #87 of 96
Awesome time to buy soon .. cant believe these analysts have not been arrested for stock manipulation yet.
post #88 of 96

Here is the fundamental flaw of this analyst and most analysts:

They do fairly well in predicting the sales path of existing products.

They are horrible at predicting future product introductions.  In fact they make their forecasts as if companies will not be introducing any new products anymore.

This is understandable.  If an analyst is clever enough to envision what Apple's next revolutionary product is going to be, they would probably be doing product dev at Apple instead of selling snake oil.

post #89 of 96

tell investors to step aside drive price down so they can buy cheaper its a scam pure and simple

post #90 of 96
another missive from "upside down world"

one thinng i think Wall Street misunderstands is that even though iPhone growth is merely gradual, loyalists replace them on average every two years at large ongoing profit...

AAPL needs to just buyback shares on this dip..,
post #91 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by foregoneconclusion View Post

C'mon, Apple, throw Barclay's analysts a bone and light a few billion on fire for some robots, or thermostats, or social apps.
You made my morning, actually laughed out loud over this! I couldn't have said it any better!
post #92 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAMETA View Post

AAPL is MANIPULATED by VILLAIN !
Barclay Has MUCH to Do With " High Frequency Trader " GETCO !!!
Both Barclay and GETCO are Lackay and BAGMAN of VILLAIN who Masterminds The Whole Scenario ofFelling Down Apple for EVIL's SAKE.
This is A War: Main Street ( Ordinary People ) VS Wall Street ( Controlled by DEMON )
Get ANGRY, Americans !
Not Only Economy but Politics of Your Country is Still SUBORDINATE of VILLAIN which Lives in EUROPE !
GS ( Goldman Sachs ), Barclay etc. etc., They Are ALL Originally Has HeadQuarter in Europe.

I have no idea what you just said.
post #93 of 96
Is VILLAIN a secret criminal supergroup, like SPECTRE or VENOM?

censored

censored

post #94 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

How can you joke about this when the Yurups are running America? This isn't the time
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
post #95 of 96
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Violently Invective Language Languishing Apple In News.

Yep.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #96 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

How can you joke about this when the Yurups are running America? This isn't the time
Why do VILLAIN and this Yurup character want to bring down Apple? Does it have something to do with Nazi gold or crop circles?

censored

censored

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Barclays downgrades rating on Apple stock due to maturing smartphone market, tells investors to 'step aside'