or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung breaks from Android with redesigned, Tizen-powered Gear 2 smartwatches
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Samsung breaks from Android with redesigned, Tizen-powered Gear 2 smartwatches - Page 2

post #41 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

SOT:

Lately, it seems that AI is slow to cover breaking stories such as this.

Some stories are not even covered at all -- for example the recent Google Tango project.

Tango is a smart phone and SDK with interior 3D mapping/navigation capability -- it could be a major breakthrough ...

Yet no mention by AI.

Edit: as I write this, ARS has more than a four hour lead, with 30 posts, before this AI article hit the Web.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/02/samsung-replaces-the-galaxy-gear-with-a-pair-of-tizen-powered-smartwatches/

I agree and even many breaking news items on MR are not mentioned on AI. I must say I am spending more and more time on ARS these days, love that site.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
post #42 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

If there are Android apps that are N/A on iDevices, this might influence the developers to develop for iOS too.

Yes, because there clearly are so many major apps on that situation. not.

And anyway, I don't see why an Android-only developer might be influenced to develop for iOS because Apple makes Android apps. Doesn't make any sense.

You really don't read well -- or are deliberately being obtuse.

Nobody is saying that Apple should make Android apps -- that is another, different, discussion.

Apple makes good money selling apps -- and most say they do it better than anyone else.

If there is money to be made "selling 3rd-party Android Apps for Android devices" -- should Apple participate? It certainly is worth considering by any savvy individual with an open mind.

Certainly there are pluses and minuses -- but that that does not justify ignoring the opportunity.
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #43 of 162
Sequel to a five year old idea product based on a fake rumor, there's only one Shamesung!!! if the iWatch rumor is true i expect Apple to launch a useful product instead of a product that is useful only to spy on your neighbour

Edited by iMember - 2/23/14 at 7:10am

 

 

Reply

 

 

Reply
post #44 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

SOT:

Lately, it seems that AI is slow to cover breaking stories such as this.

Some stories are not even covered at all -- for example the recent Google Tango project.

Tango is a smart phone and SDK with interior 3D mapping/navigation capability -- it could be a major breakthrough ...

Yet no mention by AI.

Edit: as I write this, ARS has more than a four hour lead, with 30 posts, before this AI article hit the Web.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/02/samsung-replaces-the-galaxy-gear-with-a-pair-of-tizen-powered-smartwatches/

 

I noticed Tango :(

 

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/162131/googles-project-tango-promises-realtime-3d-mapping-of-your-environment

 

Looks like nobody actually reads the 'General Discussion' forum though, I know that I typically only go to the front page first.

post #45 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMember View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

The Sammy watch is of interest to many here, because it is potentially a competitor to an Apple product ...


On several occasions, Tim has stated that Apple is quite interested in "wearables".


As an Apple customer and aapl shareholder, I, for one, care very much about activity in this space ...


Including things like this:

If you don't mind me asking but how in hell a five year old product idea can compete with Apple products?


I should have been clearer! What was of interest to me is in the first minute -- that Intel will release a low-power Pentium-class SOC about the size of an SD card this year. Don't you think such a chip might have application in watches or smart phones?
Edited by Dick Applebaum - 2/23/14 at 7:05am
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #46 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheInternet View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

SOT:


Lately, it seems that AI is slow to cover breaking stories such as this.


Some stories are not even covered at all -- for example the recent Google Tango project.


Tango is a smart phone and SDK with interior 3D mapping/navigation capability -- it could be a major breakthrough ...


Yet no mention by AI.


Edit: as I write this, ARS has more than a four hour lead, with 30 posts, before this AI article hit the Web.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/02/samsung-replaces-the-galaxy-gear-with-a-pair-of-tizen-powered-smartwatches/

I noticed Tango 1frown.gif

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/162131/googles-project-tango-promises-realtime-3d-mapping-of-your-environment

Looks like nobody actually reads the 'General Discussion' forum though, I know that I typically only go to the front page first.

Good catch!

Guilty as charged -- I never visit that forum (looks like very few do).


What I don't understand is why AI didn't post an article about Tango on the AI main site.

After all, the Tango project is about indoor mapping and location detection ...

Apple bought 2 companies in 2013 that have technologies that directly address these capabilities:
  • PrimeSense
  • WiFISlam
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #47 of 162

I just see this thing as market challenged.

 

It is ugly.  I don't see users compelled to replace their elegant watches with this.

 

Its functionality is slim enough that it doesn't compel replacing a watch (or lack of watch) just for the functionality.  Remember those calculator watches?  Yes, they did more than a watch that just tells time, but the trade off just wasn't there.  These watches may have some functionality for the heart rate and fitness portions, but there are better products focused on that at a much lower price point.

 

What does impress me about the watch is simply the specs.  It is rapidly advancing to the point where it replaces a phone rather than is simply an add-on.

 

 

What is really bizarre to me is Samsung's choice of Tizen.  As a disclaimer, I'm neither a Samsung, Google, no Apple hater.  Tizen has some great potential in theory.  Write once, run on any platform (Tizen, iOS, and Android) sounds great on paper- but usually ends up in apps that just don't feel like native apps.  Samsung pushing its openness is obviously a bit of a joke, they are going to lock in their crappy software more tightly than they bloat other OS's.  Too bad :(    Allowing Android to run native on it is double edged, much like Windows debating adding it to PC Windows.  If you can write for Android and have it run on Android, Windows, and Tizen, why bother with native Apps if your resources are strained?

 

I'll take a look at Tizen as a curiosity, but what doesn't make sense to me is they sell it in a watch that only works with Galaxy phones which run Android.  Limiting their market to a small subset of people and then giving it a different OS than those people are already using just seems a little boneheaded.

 

They may (finally) introduce a Tizen phone this year, but it really should have been done concurrently with this thing if at all.

post #48 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


Good catch!

Guilty as charged -- I never visit that forum (looks like very few do).

We're posting in it right now, that's the funniest thing :)

 

 

Quote:
What I don't understand is why AI didn't post an article about Tango on the AI main site.

After all, the Tango project is about indoor mapping and location detection ...

Apple bought 2 companies in 2013 that have technologies that directly address these capabilities

I don't really understand what motivates the headlines here really. I disagree with most of DEDs articles and there's far too strong a focus on Samsung IMO. Tizen is DOA and Android is available for any competitor that can occupy mind-share. Personally I'd like to see Asus doing better as they have a lot of neat projects that are surprisingly relevant. Padfone for example. My Mum doesn't really want to carry around an expensive tablet that's a 'unique' computer from her phone. Better just to dock the two together.

 

Of course, I didn't buy her one, she bought herself some horrible Samsung mini thing recently. It's full of all sorts of horrible crapware. Just thought I'd have a little rant about the focus on Samsung.

post #49 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


The Sammy watch is of interest to many here, because it is potentially a competitor to an Apple product ...

On several occasions, Tim has stated that Apple is quite interested in "wearables".

As an Apple customer and aapl shareholder, I, for one, care very much about activity in this space ...

Including things like this:

 

This is nice for wearables but I think Apple will beat this with technology from ARM + P.A. Semi + Intrinsity + Passif Semi + AlgoTrim

When you combine these techs with Apple's quest for perfection you usually get the best of breed.

 

Besides, devices built on Intel SOCs will quickly become commodities with little if any differentiations in a very crowded market and the margins become very thin.  That's why Apple makes its own SOCs.

post #50 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Um... What does Apple [currently] sell [at a good profit] in the iTunes Store? Answer content: movies, TV shows, Books, Apps. What are Apps? Answer: Content!







http://www.asymco.com/2014/02/10/fortune-130/


You might try to think more broadly than the world as we know it ... Who can say what the next big Tech opportunity will be.

Apple has shown that there is good profit to be made in sales of digital content ... what other types of sales might offer good potential profits? Eh?

In those graphs, you can see that the most revenues comes from third party apps. Apple apps almost bring no profit to Apple especially now that they are free. The fact that they made them free simply shows that they are still meant to motivate people to use an iOS device. If someone wants to use iTunes they can on windows already. Putting it on Android would add some revenue, but remove one of the advantages of iOS, and in the end, it might be worse for Apple.
post #51 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Yes because Apple has a "smart watch" on the market right now that looks and functions similar to this. 1oyvey.gif

What about iPod nano? i'm pretty sure it was the first and SudoNym is right Shamesung copies everything from Apple inclunding their rumors

iTV= Shamsung (Non) Smart TV 70 9999$

iWatch = Galaxy Gear

iPad Pro = Samsung Lag PRO

 

 

Reply

 

 

Reply
post #52 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMember View Post
 

What about iPod nano? i'm pretty sure it was the first and SudoNym is right Shamesung copies everything from Apple inclunding their rumors

iTV= Shamsung Smart 70 999$

iWatch = Galaxy Gear

iPad Pro = Samsung Lag PRO

 

I don't want to be insulting, but do you really believe that 'Shamesung' reads as a devastating indictment of Samsung? It just reads as a childish insult to me. I really wish people would avoid it because it devalues their point.

 

I also think it's pretty hard to accuse Samsung of copying Apple products that don't exist. Almost every possible product has been rumoured from Apple including cars. You can't exactly decide well ok anyone who makes an electric car is copying off the Apple/Tesla rumours now can you?

post #53 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

You really don't read well -- or are deliberately being obtuse.

Nobody is saying that Apple should make Android apps -- that is another, different, discussion.

Apple makes good money selling apps -- and most say they do it better than anyone else.

If there is money to be made "selling 3rd-party Android Apps for Android devices" -- should Apple participate? It certainly is worth considering by any savvy individual with an open mind.

Certainly there are pluses and minuses -- but that that does not justify ignoring the opportunity.

Why not make Windows phones apps? Windows 8 apps. Linux apps?
Why not make fridges. Those sell well and Apple could design a beautiful fridge.
post #54 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheInternet View Post
 

 

I don't want to be insulting, but do you really believe that 'Shamesung' reads as a devastating indictment of Samsung? It just reads as a childish insult to me. I really wish people would avoid it because it devalues their point.

 

I also think it's pretty hard to accuse Samsung of copying Apple products that don't exist. Almost every possible product has been rumoured from Apple including cars. You can't exactly decide well ok anyone who makes an electric car is copying off the Apple/Tesla rumours now can you?

Shamesung its a title that Samsung deserves mostly for: cheating in benchmarks, paying people to talk trash about their competition, for killing two people one in Slovakia Europe and one in S. Korea and releasing crappy products such as this one or Flip Phone with quad core and multitouch screen

 

Many of Shamesung trash said Shamesung Tab Pro was not based on iPad Pro rumor because it takes more than 6 months to build those tablets..well how do you explain Shamesung Tab Pro's having the exact same weight as the iPad Air and iPad mini?  

 

 

Reply

 

 

Reply
post #55 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMember View Post
 

Shamesung its a title that Samsung deserves mostly for: cheating in benchmarks, paying people to talk trash about their competition, for killing two people one in Slovakia Europe and S. Korea and releasing crappy products such as this one or Flip Phone with quad core and multitouch screen

Many of Shamesung trash said Shamesung Tab Pro was not based on iPad Pro rumor because it takes more 6 months to build those tablets..well how do you explain Shamesung Tab Pro's having the exact same weight as the iPad Air and iPad mini?  

Weight is dictated by materials and size. Is your argument that Samsung are copying Apple because they're trying to make their products lighter? That's quite a stretch.

post #56 of 162
Does someone have any stats on the number of non-iOS users who would purchase content from iTunes? And what that figure might be once Apple releases a phone with a larger screen? I have my doubts that it would be enough revenue to be worth it. Plus Apple takes away one of the selling points of owning an iOS device. Seems to me people who are Android users by choice (beyond iPhone screen size being too small) probably wouldn't use iTunes anyway. Unless there's this huge swath of consumers who can't afford to own an iPhone but can afford to purchase content from iTunes? Is that a large number of people? One of the reasons I owned an iPod (and now own an iPhone and iPad) is because iTunes had content I couldn't get anywhere else. If I could have easily gotten that content and put it on another device I probably would never have owned an Apple device. Sure Apple needs to increase their service revenues but if it's at he expense of hardware revenue is it worth it?
post #57 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Are there any Android apps not already in the App Store that people would want (or would be useful with an iOS device)?

Tasker.

Correction: it seems like there is a iOS version now, though limited in functionality.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #58 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

SOT:

Lately, it seems that AI is slow to cover breaking stories such as this.

Some stories are not even covered at all -- for example the recent Google Tango project.

Tango is a smart phone and SDK with interior 3D mapping/navigation capability -- it could be a major breakthrough ...

Yet no mention by AI.

Edit: as I write this, ARS has more than a four hour lead, with 30 posts, before this AI article hit the Web.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/02/samsung-replaces-the-galaxy-gear-with-a-pair-of-tizen-powered-smartwatches/

It'll take a lot more than 3D vaporware to make it a major breakthrough. Apple has applied for, and been granted, several 3D patents of their own. Just because they don't broadcast every project they work on, and Google does, doesn't make Google an innovator. 

post #59 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

You really don't read well -- or are deliberately being obtuse.

Nobody is saying that Apple should make Android apps -- that is another, different, discussion.

Apple makes good money selling apps -- and most say they do it better than anyone else.

If there is money to be made "selling 3rd-party Android Apps for Android devices" -- should Apple participate? It certainly is worth considering by any savvy individual with an open mind.

Certainly there are pluses and minuses -- but that that does not justify ignoring the opportunity.

Why not make Windows phones apps? Windows 8 apps. Linux apps?
Why not make fridges. Those sell well and Apple could design a beautiful fridge.

I certainly don't know what you are ranting about... Do you?
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #60 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

You really don't read well -- or are deliberately being obtuse.

Nobody is saying that Apple should make Android apps -- that is another, different, discussion.

Apple makes good money selling apps -- and most say they do it better than anyone else.

If there is money to be made "selling 3rd-party Android Apps for Android devices" -- should Apple participate? It certainly is worth considering by any savvy individual with an open mind.

Certainly there are pluses and minuses -- but that that does not justify ignoring the opportunity.
So you're suggesting Apple could offer an App Store on Andorid devices where they sold 3rd party Android apps? Presumably these would be apps not available in the Google Play store? Otherwise why would people choose to download these apps from Apple vs Google? I'm curious exactly how this would work. Seems to me all of Apple's software and services are geared towards making their experience unique. You want an Apple device because you get software and services you can't get elsewhere. Even if hardware growth is slowing (or margins are getting smaller) I think there are ways Apple can create new revenue streams that don't require them going cross platform, and would probably increase hardware sales. iBeacons, Touch ID could be the start of an amazing mobile payments system. I'd love it if I could pay for things using touch id on my iPhone and just have it charged to iTunes. I think the mobile payment market is a huge opportunity for Apple. And on their last earnings call Tim Cook basically admitted mobile payments was one of the thoughts behind Touch ID.
post #61 of 162
Haven't Samsung and Google agreed to share patents or something? I don't think there's going to be any major break-up between Sam and Goo anytime soon!
post #62 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheInternet View Post
 

Weight is dictated by materials and size. Is your argument that Samsung are copying Apple because they're trying to make their products lighter? That's quite a stretch.

Yes because all of a sudden they reduce the weight from 540g to exactly 469g matching iPad Air, the word Pro after iPad Air and iPad Pro rumor was anounced and because they have long history of copying Apple which i have US and Japanese Law to confirm that, just a week ago i thought i saw a Macbook Air but when i look closer it was Shamesung Logo

 

iPad Air vs Shamesung Tab non-Pro -just some things i wrote

for me money is not an issue how is a SD slot up 64 GB better than 128 GB feature?

 

iPad Air battery 8,827 battery its bigger than Samsung 1year old specs Lag Pro battery 8220 mAh = 12 hrs vs 3 hrs

 

Geekbench only shows you A7 power not the iPad Air perfomance (hardware and software confic.) even iPad 2 is probably faster than that cheap ugly tablet

 

The iPad Air display its near perfection, far superior than the Macbook Retina, iPad 4th, Samsung Lag 2014 and probably Samsung non-Pro

 

Who the **** watches a movie on a 10" tablet? have you never heard of AirPlay? and what about 4:3 advantages? because 16:10 only has one!

 

You siding with Samsung 5year old idea Magazin UI Tab because of the software? do you know what free iOS 8 will bring in the next 3 months? also if want more customisation you can alaways Jailbreak your iPad 

 

 

Reply

 

 

Reply
post #63 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheInternet View Post

I don't want to be insulting, but do you really believe that 'Shamesung' reads as a devastating indictment of Samsung? It just reads as a childish insult to me. I really wish people would avoid it because it devalues their point.
As a name I personally prefer Scamsung.
You can't spell appeal without Apple.
Reply
You can't spell appeal without Apple.
Reply
post #64 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymeee View Post

I will remember this day as a turning point for both android and samsung. If samsung starts to do its own thing, android will lose market share and developers. Samsung has to find new developers first, but it will finally be measurable how many tizen activations there will be and therefore real market share numbers. Also this will fragmentate the market further and i guess not all android partners like retailers will jump on the tizen train directly.
Will be interesting to see how samsung manages it

I suspect you are correct in part. I want to see the day they do this on their top end phones and tablets before I can say 'that day' has come.
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini, SE30, IIFx, Towers; G4 & G3.
Reply
post #65 of 162

Rogifan, wow is so easy for me to make a point why because i'm defending Apple!

 

 

Reply

 

 

Reply
post #66 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Does someone have any stats on the number of non-iOS users who would purchase content from iTunes? And what that figure might be once Apple releases a phone with a larger screen? I have my doubts that it would be enough revenue to be worth it. Plus Apple takes away one of the selling points of owning an iOS device. Seems to me people who are Android users by choice (beyond iPhone screen size being too small) probably wouldn't use iTunes anyway. Unless there's this huge swath of consumers who can't afford to own an iPhone but can afford to purchase content from iTunes? Is that a large number of people? One of the reasons I owned an iPod (and now own an iPhone and iPad) is because iTunes had content I couldn't get anywhere else. If I could have easily gotten that content and put it on another device I probably would never have owned an Apple device. Sure Apple needs to increase their service revenues but if it's at he expense of hardware revenue is it worth it?

The iphone5's are apples phablet.
3.5" is the perfect screen size
post #67 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

You really don't read well -- or are deliberately being obtuse.

Nobody is saying that Apple should make Android apps -- that is another, different, discussion.

Apple makes good money selling apps -- and most say they do it better than anyone else.

If there is money to be made "selling 3rd-party Android Apps for Android devices" -- should Apple participate? It certainly is worth considering by any savvy individual with an open mind.

Certainly there are pluses and minuses -- but that that does not justify ignoring the opportunity.
So you're suggesting Apple could offer an App Store on Andorid devices where they sold 3rd party Android apps? Presumably these would be apps not available in the Google Play store? Otherwise why would people choose to download these apps from Apple vs Google? I'm curious exactly how this would work. Seems to me all of Apple's software and services are geared towards making their experience unique. You want an Apple device because you get software and services you can't get elsewhere. Even if hardware growth is slowing (or margins are getting smaller) I think there are ways Apple can create new revenue streams that don't require them going cross platform, and would probably increase hardware sales. iBeacons, Touch ID could be the start of an amazing mobile payments system. I'd love it if I could pay for things using touch id on my iPhone and just have it charged to iTunes. I think the mobile payment market is a huge opportunity for Apple. And on their last earnings call Tim Cook basically admitted mobile payments was one of the thoughts behind Touch ID.

My experience and intuition tells me that "the mobile payment market is a huge opportunity for Apple" is where the next major breakthrough will come from.

If correct, the potential of that business, worldwide, could rapidly surpass that of any/all of Apple's current product lines -- much as the success of the iPod caused Apple to change its name from. Apple Computer. Inc. to Apple, Inc.

if Apple wants to exploit this opportunity, likely, Apple would want to become the "go to marketplace for things people want" -- to shop, buy, pay for (charge, finance), service/repair, replace...

This is much bigger than the various digital content stores from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Amazon and soon Samsung.

So, if Apple wants to be the "go to marketplace for things people want" -- it has to sell the things people want -- to be product-agnostic (within reason).

I suspect that Tim Cook and Jeff Bezos think about this opportunity, quite a bit!
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #68 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS11 View Post
 

And not Scamscum?

 

Truth be told, some of their hardware is actually pretty good, such as their 840 Pro SSD.  

 

I'm not particularly a fan of their phones or tablets, and I just hate smart watches in general.

 

Their latest tablet, the Note Pro 12.2 is horrendous.  Just watching some of the review videos you could see the hardware unable to keep up with their UI.  Yuck! 

No their not buy an 100$ Shamesung non-smartphone featuring Samsung processor and you prove my point

here a list top processors

Intel

Apple Ax

Qualcom

Nvidia

AMD

more..

shitty company

shitty company

Samsung

 

 

Reply

 

 

Reply
post #69 of 162
Haha.... look at that. Another piece if crap from samsung I'm not gonna buy. Seriously everything from Apple stuff.
They are trying so hard at copying innovation. Apple please buy them out and get rid of them. Dumb adverts too
post #70 of 162
With a camera on your wrist, the world is about to see selfies most of us would rather not see. Given the parts of our anatomies our hands (and wrists) migrate to and from regularly (depending on how regular you are), we're going to see selfies only urologists and proctologists would love.
post #71 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeiP5 View Post

Haha.... look at that. Another piece if crap from samsung I'm not gonna buy. Seriously everything from Apple stuff.
They are trying so hard at copying innovation. Apple please buy them out and get rid of them. Dumb adverts too

Haha!!!!!!

 

 

Reply

 

 

Reply
post #72 of 162

This is just one small step for Samsung to eventually move 100% to TizenOS.  With all the Fandroids harping about how great Samsung's Android-powered devices are, Samsung has just been using them as the tools they are to ride on the back of Android, and then drop them like a bad date.

Android's on borrowed time.  With Samsung out of the picture, Android will be a generic mobile OS on junk phones, even though it kind of already is.  Good riddance.

post #73 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Not really tongue in cheek ... maybe foot in mouth, o loco en la cabeza 1confused.gif


But, just thinking back a few years -- Apple had this mp3 player and an ecosystem of content in iTunes. Both were doing OK! But the big breakthrough was in October 2003:
That move, opening up the iTunes ecosystem to Windows, was responsible for a tremendous increase of sales of iPods and iTunes content. And, to a lessor extent, it exposed WinTel users to the quality of Macs, the Mac OS and ecosystem.


Certainly, Apple is in different businesses today ... but it makes me wonder what would happen if Apple offered a better ecosystem for competitive platforms -- while, at the same time, exposed them to the superior advantages to a total Apple solution.


One of the potential businesses that Apple could enter is general "purchasing and payment" through the iTunes Market™.


Projecting how big this could be -- why not welcome all comers?

iTunes for windows help sell more iPods. What would an Apple Android App Store do for Apple? In fact Apple would probably lose money in that venture as many Androiders don't pay for apps in the first place.
post #74 of 162
The yawning of a new age in Tizen-powered smart wearables.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #75 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post


Are there any Android apps not already in the App Store that people would want (or would be useful with an iOS device)?

 

Off the top of my head I would say Swiftkey.

post #76 of 162

Could someone please explain to me what this has to do with Apple?

post #77 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post


Not really tongue in cheek ... maybe foot in mouth, o loco en la cabeza 1confused.gif


But, just thinking back a few years -- Apple had this mp3 player and an ecosystem of content in iTunes. Both were doing OK! But the big breakthrough was in October 2003:
That move, opening up the iTunes ecosystem to Windows, was responsible for a tremendous increase of sales of iPods and iTunes content. And, to a lessor extent, it exposed WinTel users to the quality of Macs, the Mac OS and ecosystem.


Certainly, Apple is in different businesses today ... but it makes me wonder what would happen if Apple offered a better ecosystem for competitive platforms -- while, at the same time, exposed them to the superior advantages to a total Apple solution.


One of the potential businesses that Apple could enter is general "purchasing and payment" through the iTunes Market™.


Projecting how big this could be -- why not welcome all comers?

Its a shame that iTunes is a complete abortion of a bloated, system killing pile of turd on Windows. If anything I'd say it helped turn many people off from buying a Mac

post #78 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post
 

Could someone please explain to me what this has to do with Apple?

That when you see a new Apple product you should embrace it and never let it go!

 

 

Reply

 

 

Reply
post #79 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

SOT:

Lately, it seems that AI is slow to cover breaking stories such as this.

Some stories are not even covered at all -- for example the recent Google Tango project.

Tango is a smart phone and SDK with interior 3D mapping/navigation capability -- it could be a major breakthrough ...

Yet no mention by AI.

Edit: as I write this, ARS has more than a four hour lead, with 30 posts, before this AI article hit the Web.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/02/samsung-replaces-the-galaxy-gear-with-a-pair-of-tizen-powered-smartwatches/

Yeah I read about it at Ars first, too. AppleInsider's "news desk" consists of an inbox full of spam and press releases from analysts touting their latest predictions, and a few submissions from readers. In the past, every time I submitted news, they just ignored it, or posted the story hours later without attribution. So I gave up trying to help them.

I wouldn't rely on this site for news anyway. It's just a collector of stories from elsewhere, with the occasional review or rant (sorry, editorial) from DED. 1smile.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #80 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMember View Post
 

That when you see a new Apple product you should embrace it and never let it go!


Well I haven't seen the iWatch yet so.......

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Samsung breaks from Android with redesigned, Tizen-powered Gear 2 smartwatches