or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's failure to pay for favorable media coverage flies in the face of Samsung's payola
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple's failure to pay for favorable media coverage flies in the face of Samsung's payola - Page 4

post #121 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlor View Post

What now? Objective-C is great stuff, but it gained 1.5% over the last 12 months, with Java losing 1%. They're still 6% apart. Even if the deltas continue, Objective-C won't pass Java for more than two years. 

1) My bad, I saw February and thought it was month-to-month. That means it should overtake it in under 3 years at the current rate which is damn impressive considering where is started according to their 2009 and 2004 data.

2) You don't think its growth is impressive?

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

 

Goodbyeee jragosta :: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/160864/jragosta-joseph-michael-ragosta

Reply
post #122 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Guess who wasn’t paid by Apple to write it.
Guess who completely missed the topic of discussion.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
post #123 of 281
Holy tl;dr!
post #124 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by snova View Post

guess who is encouraged to write more of the same when he gets the right kind of attention. Both good and bad.

its seems that just about every weekend, we get one of DED's editorials and the outcome seems pretty much consistent. 
#1. Lots of people complimenting the article and thanking DED for a job well done.
#2. A few people completely lose it and resorting to name calling, threatening to leave the web site, and other meaningless shenanigans.  

thats exactly what a successful editorial is designed to do. 

p.s. IMHO, pointing out typo's, grammar, word usage, and other pointless OCD mumbo jumbo is so petty.  lol.. who cares... Language is used to communicate a message. The editorials are obviously received and understood just fine as is. Job accomplished.

I see the opposite.

Deds paranoid article.
Ditto heads agreeing and insulting Samdung or Anal-ists (get it?).
Very reasonable arguments which demolish DEDs position.

It's pointless nonsense. If Samsung are paying off the world then so be it. Either Apple should do something about that by buying copy or, preferably, get into higher innovation gear.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #125 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by snova View Post

its interesting what pops up in a search engine when you type unusual phrases that people type.
something that caught my eye, like:

 "stacked to the gills" and "iPhone",  the expression is "packed to the gills". So when someone uses it wrong in a unique way it catches my eye.

just saying.

You, in fact, are wrong here. The core of the idiom is "... to the gills", whether stacked or packed is of no empirical consequence. The most prevalent form of the phrase is "stuffed to the gills". Stuffed, packed, or stacked, they're all fine, and "stacked to the gills" is not a Malapropism, or outright incorrect, as you suggest.

Just saying.
post #126 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by snova View Post

p.s. IMHO, pointing out typo's, grammar, word usage, and other pointless OCD mumbo jumbo is so petty.  lol.. who cares... Language is used to communicate a message. The editorials are obviously received and understood just fine as is. Job accomplished.

How ironic, given your incorrect "... to the gills" assessment. You really undermine yourself on several levels.
post #127 of 281
You missed the point both times. Classic.
You obvious have your own agenda. Go pick a fight over petty stuff, which have nothing to do with the main point. elsewhere. Or go kick the cat again if that makes you feel impowered and superior.
Edited by snova - 2/24/14 at 2:00am
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #128 of 281
I think that Reuters reporter Joseph Menn is better known as "that part which is located below the tail of a donkey". Unfortunately for Reuters, his "contributions" do that company no credit whatsoever and make people doubt the value and truthfulness of the rest of Reuter's reporting.
post #129 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltblue View Post

You, in fact, are wrong here. The core of the idiom is "... to the gills", whether stacked or packed is of no empirical consequence. The most prevalent form of the phrase is "stuffed to the gills". Stuffed, packed, or stacked, they're all fine, and "stacked to the gills" is not a Malapropism, or outright incorrect, as you suggest.

Just saying.

Yep, you missed the point, I think. "Packed to the gills" makes little sense idiomatically when referring to your apartment and its Apple gear. I believe snova is implying that we're dealing with a Korean (paid) shill. That's the way I'd read the awkward usage, anyway.
post #130 of 281
Just how many AI accounts do these people have? So many created many years ago and they all decide to make their 2nd or third post in this thread. Hostile at that. So odd.
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
"Building for the future?! They should be running around reacting to the present!" -John Moltz
Reply
post #131 of 281

Dilger writes an article about widespread paid shills with little evidence.  Anyone who criticises the article is declared a paid shill with little evidence.

 

Just another day on AI.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #132 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by snova View Post

Just how many AI accounts do these people have? So many created many years ago and they all decide to make their 2nd or third post in this thread. Hostile at that. So odd.

Samsung was anticipating this years ago?
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #133 of 281
Why would Samsung pay people to be on AI? I am sure they have paid commentators on other tech sites- but here? Pointless.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #134 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Why would Samsung pay people to be on AI? I am sure they have paid commentators on other tech sites- but here? Pointless.

Well, they pay them to spread FUD. Most posters (me included) post on multiple forums.

Apple websites are an excellent target, especially with guys like @TallestSkill.

post #135 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
 

Dilger writes an article about widespread paid shills with little evidence.  Anyone who criticises the article is declared a paid shill with little evidence.

 

Just another day on AI.

Samsung (Korea) killed a person (Europe) in cold blood! how you gonna defend that?

 

 http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/16/workers-at-samsung-display-in-slovakia-treated-horribly/

 

criticises this!

Best smart product for an average consumer "u must have" is....MacBook Air !
Reply
Best smart product for an average consumer "u must have" is....MacBook Air !
Reply
post #136 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

I see the opposite.

Deds paranoid article.
Ditto heads agreeing and insulting Samdung or Anal-ists (get it?).
Very reasonable arguments which demolish DEDs position.

It's pointless nonsense. If Samsung are paying off the world then so be it. Either Apple should do something about that by buying copy or, preferably, get into higher innovation gear.
Get into higher innovation gear? WTF does that mean? How do you know what Apple is working on right now? Or do you mean throw more shit at the wal to see what sticks and then call it innovation?
post #137 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartins View Post

Well, they pay them to spread FUD. Most posters (me included) post on multiple forums.
Apple websites are an excellent target, especially with guys like @TallestSkill.

I can tell those guys and I don't see them here. They tend to have English as a second language ( noticeably unlike here) and say stuff like.

Samsung 5 will kill Apple, Apple lose innovation! See link!

That kinda shite. Of course they may not be paid either - might be patriotic.
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
Reply
post #138 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMember View Post
 

Samsung (Korea) killed a person (Europe) in cold blood! how you gonna defend that?

 

 http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/16/workers-at-samsung-display-in-slovakia-treated-horribly/

 

criticises this!

  1. Why would anyone try and defend an unverified rumour with almost no specific detail?
  2. Why would I defend Samsung at all?  Despite the rampant paranoia here, I don't work for them.  I suspect the vast majority on this forum, and possibly all, don't either.
  3. Even if you believe the rumour, they didn't "kill" anyone "in cold blood".  Negligence and callousness do not equate to murder. No one needs to defend Samsung against a fraudulent accusation.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #139 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
 
  1. Why would anyone try and defend an unverified rumour with almost no specific detail?
  2. Why would I defend Samsung at all?  Despite the rampant paranoia here, I don't work for them.  I suspect the vast majority on this forum, and possibly all, don't either.
  3. Even if you believe the rumour, they didn't "kill" anyone "in cold blood".  Negligence and callousness do not equate to murder. No one needs to defend Samsung against a fraudulent accusation.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMember View Post
 

Samsung (Korea) killed a person (Europe) in cold blood! how you gonna defend that?

 

 http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/16/workers-at-samsung-display-in-slovakia-treated-horribly/

 

criticises this!

Wow seriously you actually defending this? so its a rumor because it din't maded on Tv? this is the internet this were you get the real news! and yes i was wrong this is worst than killing someone cold blood 

Best smart product for an average consumer "u must have" is....MacBook Air !
Reply
Best smart product for an average consumer "u must have" is....MacBook Air !
Reply
post #140 of 281

Whilst DED isn't a paid shill, he is an APPL shareholder. It is in his financial interest to write positively about Apple. That's why you shouldn't take anything he writes at face value.

 

Mainstream tech sites ban their journalists/bloggers from writing about organizations in which they have a financial interest. Obviously that's a bit harder at AI since the site is so clearly aimed at investors. A little more disclosure would be helpful though.

post #141 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMember View Post
 

 

Wow seriously you actually defending this?  

 

No.  See points 1, 2 and 3 above for why.

censored

Reply

censored

Reply
post #142 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post
 

Whilst DED isn't a paid shill, he is an APPL shareholder. It is in his financial interest to write positively about Apple. That's why you shouldn't take anything he writes at face value.

 

Mainstream tech sites ban their journalists/bloggers from writing about organizations in which they have a financial interest. Obviously that's a bit harder at AI since the site is so clearly aimed at investors. A little more disclosure would be helpful though.

That's a very stupid observation.

 

Most tech sites have their money from Samsung. So what? Should they stop writing about them? No, they do the opposite.

post #143 of 281

A fan comments on AI and says Apple rocks and iPhone rules and then after a short second a Shame user with 1000 posts replies to him and says well sure Apple is still good but technically no longer rocks anymore had good run and now they are loosing a lot of market share and the iPhone was good back in the day but now they have a tough competition and they need to step it up or they go down in flames! the poor fan asks himself **** i thought this was an Apple site and goes away and never comes back

 

but do you wanna know the real story? Apple indeed rocks and iPhone rules because their competition are acting like ****ing five year old baby with their crappy features and the way they market their crappy features!!!!!!!Triple Octa-Core but runs slower than Intel 800 Mhz, 8K display on 3.7 inch phone ect. ...   

 

Samsung you trick people to buy you're stuff but you forgot that its always a second time!


Edited by iMember - 2/24/14 at 5:18am
Best smart product for an average consumer "u must have" is....MacBook Air !
Reply
Best smart product for an average consumer "u must have" is....MacBook Air !
Reply
post #144 of 281

DED is in my prayers.  I thank God that there is at least ONE reporter who will tell the TRUTH! 

 

DED must think about this stuff all the time to come up with so many good points.  He's the one who will stand up and defend Apple against the world.  The only one.  Or at least hes's the one who will tell it like it is against the whole world who likes to be mean to us people who love love love Apple and all things Apple and Steve Jobs.

 

All of the other "reporters" (at least, that is what they try to call themselves) hate Apple because it is easy to use and even most people will have no problems.  Those guys just like to make things up why Apple is so bad but the truth is that Apple makes all of the MONEY.  They are so JEALOUS.  That is why Google hates Apple so much and they pay all the reporters to say mean things.  But not DED.  He KNOWS better.

 

Every reporter just say that Apple products have bugs.  But Apple has less bugs - nobody can argue that.  So they just act like Apple has lots and lots of malware when Google is the one with all the malware and Windows too!  You can't even use a Windows computer because you have so much popups and stuff and it is always asking you questions that you don't know what the answer is.  But Apple just works.  

 

For us people who want to be productive, Apple is the only choice because otherwise you have to read a manual just to know what to do.  But not with Apple!

 

Thanks DED tfor always telling the truth!

post #145 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
 

Who hates what?

A hater is anyone who doesn't like Apple beat compared with other things.

post #146 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjdc View Post

how can you guys get past the first five paragraphs in this drivel. i'm cognisant that this is pro-Apple website. Still, the writing is poor, unimaginative and makes one cringe, including myself who has the home stacked to the gills w/ apple products. I'm a fan-boy but geesh.

All the Google and Android and Samsung paid for articles are always written worse!  

post #147 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
 

Dilger writes an article about widespread paid shills with little evidence.  Anyone who criticises the article is declared a paid shill with little evidence.

 

Just another day on AI.

here another one

 

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/samsung-fined-paying-people-criticize-htcs-products/story?id=20671547

Best smart product for an average consumer "u must have" is....MacBook Air !
Reply
Best smart product for an average consumer "u must have" is....MacBook Air !
Reply
post #148 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMember View Post
 

Wow seriously you actually defending this? so its a rumor because it din't maded on Tv? this is the internet this were you get the real news! and yes i was wrong this is worst than killing someone cold blood 

 

Samsung fans defend murder!  I didn;t think that they were even that low!

post #149 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


1) My bad, I saw February and thought it was month-to-month. That means it should overtake it in under 3 years at the current rate which is damn impressive considering where is started according to their 2009 and 2004 data.

2) You don't think its growth is impressive?

 

It's absolutely impressive. I was just checking your math. :)

post #150 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by SudoNym View Post

DED is in my prayers.  I thank God that there is at least ONE reporter who will tell the TRUTH! 

 

DED must think about this stuff all the time to come up with so many good points.  He's the one who will stand up and defend Apple against the world.  The only one.  Or at least hes's the one who will tell it like it is against the whole world who likes to be mean to us people who love love love Apple and all things Apple and Steve Jobs.

 

All of the other "reporters" (at least, that is what they try to call themselves) hate Apple because it is easy to use and even most people will have no problems.  Those guys just like to make things up why Apple is so bad but the truth is that Apple makes all of the MONEY.  They are so JEALOUS.  That is why Google hates Apple so much and they pay all the reporters to say mean things.  But not DED.  He KNOWS better.

 

Every reporter just say that Apple products have bugs.  But Apple has less bugs - nobody can argue that.  So they just act like Apple has lots and lots of malware when Google is the one with all the malware and Windows too!  You can't even use a Windows computer because you have so much popups and stuff and it is always asking you questions that you don't know what the answer is.  But Apple just works.  

 

For us people who want to be productive, Apple is the only choice because otherwise you have to read a manual just to know what to do.  But not with Apple!

 

Thanks DED tfor always telling the truth!

Putting words in capitals doesnt make anything more factual. Your post is a good example of taking product and company worship to an extreme. DED writes from a viewpoint, almost certainly biased viewpoint due to the nature of writing for this site. Some of it is good some of it is debatable some of it is pure dross (in my biased opinion 😊 ). Blindly agreeing with it doesnt make it any better or objective truth.

As for people who want to be productive Apple isnt the only choice. There are many choices, otherwise the buisness world would have ground to a halt. If I wasnt productive I'd be out of a job, all my colleagues would be out of a job and we have to use windows at work. No research, no reports, no scientific papers and no patents equal redundancy. Your statements are totally subjective that bare little resemblance to reality.

This may sound like a personal attack but im in a grumpy mood and your post has irritated me immensely.
post #151 of 281
Originally Posted by starxd View Post
I have no idea what you're trying to say.

 

Maybe read the post, then? :???: 


Edited by Tallest Skil - 2/24/14 at 7:28am

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #152 of 281
Why does the article say Apple's FAILURE? That is a judgy word. Would not a more journalistic headline have said Apple's CHOICE or ELECTION?

FAILURE in the headline makes the article a negative judgement/condemnation of Apple.
post #153 of 281
OT: this is allegedly the S5 Samsung will be showing off today. Just when I think their designs couldn't get uglier. But hey, it has a fingerprint scanner and USB port so the tech geeks will love it.

20p2brb.jpg
post #154 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

OT: this is allegedly the S5 Samsung will be showing off today. Just when I think their designs couldn't get uglier. But hey, it has a fingerprint scanner and USB port so the tech geeks will love it.

20p2brb.jpg

That is so ugly I can't even believe my eyes.

post #155 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

It is ironic that, in this day and age, of all the companies that Samsung has copied, Google has probably been hit the hardest.

I mean, they took Google's "Don't be Evil" motto, modified it slightly, then re-released it:

"Be Evil"

I did that first! You cribbed it, unknowingly perhaps. 1smile.gif
post #156 of 281
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
OT: this is allegedly the S5 Samsung will be showing off today. Just when I think their designs couldn't get uglier. But hey, it has a fingerprint scanner and USB port so the tech geeks will love it.

 

The S stands for corkboard.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
post #157 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

Whilst DED isn't a paid shill, he is an APPL shareholder. It is in his financial interest to write positively about Apple. That's why you shouldn't take anything he writes at face value.

Mainstream tech sites ban their journalists/bloggers from writing about organizations in which they have a financial interest. Obviously that's a bit harder at AI since the site is so clearly aimed at investors. A little more disclosure would be helpful though.

It's AppleInsider and this is an editorial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

Why does the article say Apple's FAILURE? That is a judgy word. Would not a more journalistic headline have said Apple's CHOICE or ELECTION?

FAILURE in the headline makes the article a negative judgement/condemnation of Apple.

Sarcasm.
post #158 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR View Post

Another stellar post from you that I enjoyed about as much a T-Rex enjoys push-ups.

Or as much as a Tyrannosaurus enjoys touching its toes.
post #159 of 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Maybe read the post, then? 1confused.gif  
I read the post. You still make no sense.
post #160 of 281
Originally Posted by starxd View Post
I read the post. You still make no sense.

 

You’re claiming that a heavily pro-Apple article not paid for by Apple is the same as a heavily pro-Samsung article paid for by Samsung.


Why that needed explaining is beyond me.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple's failure to pay for favorable media coverage flies in the face of Samsung's payola
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple's failure to pay for favorable media coverage flies in the face of Samsung's payola