or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple preparing software update to enhance functionality of iPhone 5s Touch ID

Apple preparing software update to enhance functionality of iPhone 5s Touch ID - Page 2

post #41 of 44
I'm happy to see this news! I begun to think it might just be me who's experiencing this 'fade' problem. Thanks Appleinsider, Apple, & AuthenTec:-)
post #42 of 44

I had completely stopped using touch ID because of the fade. Now after the recent SSL-fix update of iOS it seems to be working again.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

Please update the AppleInsider app to function in landscape mode.

post #43 of 44

I'd like to know how many people actually press the home key when they want it to check their fingerprint. It doesn't require a lot of pressure to read, just get your finger close and it reads it. I've found not pressing the home key allows my fingerprint to be read almost all the time while pressing hard causes it to not read (flattening out my fingerprint). 

As for the person who reboots every day, why would you only enter your passcode once a day? Do you always have it open and unlocked?

post #44 of 44
I've programmed both my left and right thumbs. I've had to reset it twice. And after a few weeks, my left thumb becomes unrecognizable. Same pattern every time.

Weird.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple preparing software update to enhance functionality of iPhone 5s Touch ID
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple preparing software update to enhance functionality of iPhone 5s Touch ID