or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Why Apple, Inc. is keeping the identity of many of its 23 recent acquisitions a secret
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Apple, Inc. is keeping the identity of many of its 23 recent acquisitions a secret - Page 7

post #241 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

So Chromebooks are popular bookends. That is all that data suggests.

Again, web analytics after web analytics point to very few people actually USING ChromeOS. To me, that is a failure. It is a product, like Netbooks, that will fade very quickly as most people realize they are mostly worthless as real computing devices.
I think you're probably right. I personally doubt they've been any sort of commercial success. They did succeed in making MS pay attention if nothing else.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #242 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Microsoft wants in on a SIRI lookalike apparently.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/3/5465264/microsoft-cortana-windows-phone-screenshots

The more things change the more they start looking alike. 1hmm.gif

It's unfortunate for MS that their first attempt was awful but on the bright side not many cared enough to even take notice.

This is just another example of Apple thinking through nearly everything before showing it publicly. Of course they have to follow in Siri's footsteps because Apple designed Siri properly the first time.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #243 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post
 

Amazon's Top 100 Best Selling laptops:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/565108

 

Amazon's Top 100 Rated laptops:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/top-rated/electronics/565108

 

As much as some here want to call the Chromebook a failure it appears that the rest of the world disagrees with those select few AI forum members.

 

While I don't doubt that Chromebooks sell, like netbooks did purely because of their price point, there hasn't been any noticeable blip on any web usage reports that shows Chrome OS showing up in meaningful numbers. Also, Amazon isn't really a market indicator because a lot of folks that are purchasing from Amazon are hyper price conscious and it isn't a bellwether for the industry as a whole because their ranked lists are in constant flux. I wouldn't even consider them a bellwether when Apple products were on the list.

post #244 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post
 

Amazon's Top 100 Best Selling laptops:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/electronics/565108

 

Amazon's Top 100 Rated laptops:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/top-rated/electronics/565108

 

As much as some here want to call the Chromebook a failure it appears that the rest of the world disagrees with those select few AI forum members.

 

Remember when you used Amazon data to "prove" how well Microsoft’s Zune was selling? That was hilarious. 

post #245 of 250
post #246 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrections View Post
 

 

Remember when you used Amazon data to "prove" how well Microsoft’s Zune was selling? That was hilarious. 

 

I think you have me mistaken for someone else, Daniel.  You're more then welcome to link to what you're referring to though.  However, much like the time you asked me to point out factual innacuracies in your articles because you didn't believe there were any (which I sent to you), I doubt there will be any response or Corrections on your part.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

long post

 

You raise some valid points but as I mentioned earlier, with each back and forth we get further and further from the point.  I could certainly respond with the parts that I disagree with but it's getting to the point that it's becoming tedious.  We're way past the initial point and I can't see the benefit.

 

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.  Even if DNA testing were to prove that it is not in fact a duck, it would still share similarities to a duck in both look and sound.  If you can't see the similarities then you can't see the similarities.   C'est la vie.


Edited by DroidFTW - 3/3/14 at 1:36pm
post #247 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post
 

You raise some valid points but as I mentioned earlier, with each back and forth we get further and further from the point.  I could certainly respond with the parts that I disagree with but it's getting to the point that it's becoming tedious.  We're way past the initial point and I can't see the benefit.

 

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck.  Even if DNA testing were to prove that it is not in fact a duck, it would still share similarities to a duck in both look and sound.  If you can't see the similarities then you can't see the similarities.   C'est la vie.

 

Just because something has feathers does not mean it is a duck; it could just be a pillow. Again, you have not pointed to a single case that shows what design methodology either Google or Apple uses. Your one attempt of using iOS was completely destroyed as being a very poor example and completely disproven as a reliable indicator.

post #248 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post
 

 

Just because something has feathers does not mean it is a duck; it could just be a pillow. Again, you have not pointed to a single case that shows what design methodology either Google or Apple uses. Your one attempt of using iOS was completely destroyed as being a very poor example and completely disproven as a reliable indicator.

 

Actually, your "destroying" of my argument was you destroying a strawman which became clear when you said, "you your yourself would require Apple to be using Agile" which is a completely false statement.  When posters start doing things like that I tend to stop responding.  I'm not here to participate in such things.

post #249 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

Actually, your "destroying" of my argument was you destroying a strawman which became clear when you said, "you your yourself would require Apple to be using Agile" which is a completely false statement.  When posters start doing things like that I tend to stop responding.  I'm not here to participate in such things.

In short, you know nothing about software design methodologies, software life cycles and deliveries. Thanks for playing.
post #250 of 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven N. View Post

In short, you know nothing about software design methodologies, software life cycles and deliveries. Thanks for playing.

 

When the conversation devolves into strawman arguments and personal attacks you know it's run its course.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Why Apple, Inc. is keeping the identity of many of its 23 recent acquisitions a secret
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Why Apple, Inc. is keeping the identity of many of its 23 recent acquisitions a secret