or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres poses for Samsung sponsored selfie, but tweets from her iPhone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres poses for Samsung sponsored selfie, but tweets from her iPhone - Page 2

post #41 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by haar View Post



Really... you thought that the post that I made was homophobic?
I thought it came off with me disliking Muslum men due to the way they treat women...
my point of the post was Ellen DeGeneres used an iPhone, to show she did not sell-out to Samsung, and IMO Apple is a bigger gay-rights supporter than Samsung is!.
I have often thought that people buy a Samsung because of Apple stance on gay rights or support I should say...
to make my point clear I will never buy a Samsung phone, or or a Google/Samsung tablet...
I have purchased Samsung monitors but that was before the whole iPhone copying debacle...
Samsung will not get a "pass " from me anymore, they will have to prove that their product is superior... (and their stance on human rights is at least equal to Apple or better)


As a long-time supporter and practitioner within the LGBT community, I'm embarrassed by your ham-handed attempt to communicate... well, what you're trying to communicate isn't exactly clear, but it does come across as bigoted.

 

Did you walk up to people using Android phones and actually ask them if they were Muslim, or are you basing that only on your observations, which may or may not be accurate? I hope people buy and use Apple products because of quality, not because of what groups the company itself may or may not support. How you can gauge why people buy Apple products is beyond my comprehension, unless you're making assumptions, which seems to be a large part of what your comments convey. Which is why it's not hard to come to the conclusion that you're homophobic, Islamophobic, or just plain phobic.

post #42 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

At the last Summer Olympics, Samsung signed an "exclusive agreement with David Beckham to be its global brand ambassador for the London 2012 Olympic Games," but Beckham was, embarrassingly for Samsung, just spotted using his iPhone 5s at the Super Bowl.
Beckham's deal with samsung went from about may, 2011 through the end of 2012. a year later he's spotted with an iphone and that's considered a disaster? that's stretching it, even for applerumourmonger.com
"Personally, I would like nothing more than to thoroughly proof each and every word of my articles before posting. But I can't."

appleinsider's mike campbell, august 15, 2013
Reply
"Personally, I would like nothing more than to thoroughly proof each and every word of my articles before posting. But I can't."

appleinsider's mike campbell, august 15, 2013
Reply
post #43 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryn Lowe View Post

Isnt it funny. All Apple placements in TV and film have the Apple logo covered and Apple is the most popular product with celebrities. In other words Apple doesnt do product placements.

Microsoft has Windows logos everywhere in Arrow, Samsung is placing them in the Winter Olympics and Oscars and still their paid shills use Apple products.

That's kind of interesting.

Maybe it's just me, but I always see the Apple logo, even if it's covered up. And it's not always covered - I watched "The Book Thief" yesterday and even though it takes place during WWII, you get to see an Apple :-)

post #44 of 69
Give Ellen credit. She knew what she was doing. 1wink.gif

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
Reply
post #45 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleywkl View Post

Money cannot buy love
Note to self -
Find new place to shop

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply

We've always been at war with Eastasia...

Reply
post #46 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Give Ellen credit. She knew what she was doing. 1wink.gif

Yes, she did! When I saw the actors gathering for the group shot, I was impressed with what Ellen was doing. I actually retweeted the photo just to be a participant in the promotion to get the largest number of retweets. Even though Ellen used her iPhone offstage, onstage she promoted the Galaxy in a fun, playful manner like nobody has ever done. I want to get Craig Federighi's thoughts about this. He was shown at least two times during the show. 

post #47 of 69

I can see how the tweets about how much a celebrity is loving their Samsung phone being posted with their iPhone as being comical.  I fail to see the gotcha moment on this one, but it's probably just me.

post #48 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by havabanana View Post

If I hadn't read this article, I would not have noticed that she was using a Samsung device . . .

How could you miss it? The Note 3 was almost as big as her. lol.gif
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #49 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleywkl View Post

Money cannot buy love

But you can rent it. Much less headaches. lol.gif
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #50 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


But you can rent it. Much less headaches. lol.gif

Is that because none of the "side effects" of STDs consist of headaches?  ;)

See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
See, in the record business, you can show someone your song, and they don’t copy it. In the tech business, you show somebody your idea, and they steal it. (Jimmy Iovine)
Reply
post #51 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwriter927 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by haar View Post



Really... you thought that the post that I made was homophobic?
I thought it came off with me disliking Muslum men due to the way they treat women...
my point of the post was Ellen DeGeneres used an iPhone, to show she did not sell-out to Samsung, and IMO Apple is a bigger gay-rights supporter than Samsung is!.
I have often thought that people buy a Samsung because of Apple stance on gay rights or support I should say...
to make my point clear I will never buy a Samsung phone, or or a Google/Samsung tablet...
I have purchased Samsung monitors but that was before the whole iPhone copying debacle...
Samsung will not get a "pass " from me anymore, they will have to prove that their product is superior... (and their stance on human rights is at least equal to Apple or better)


As a long-time supporter and practitioner within the LGBT community, I'm embarrassed by your ham-handed attempt to communicate... well, what you're trying to communicate isn't exactly clear, but it does come across as bigoted.

 

Did you walk up to people using Android phones and actually ask them if they were Muslim, or are you basing that only on your observations, which may or may not be accurate? I hope people buy and use Apple products because of quality, not because of what groups the company itself may or may not support. How you can gauge why people buy Apple products is beyond my comprehension, unless you're making assumptions, which seems to be a large part of what your comments convey. Which is why it's not hard to come to the conclusion that you're homophobic, Islamophobic, or just plain phobic.

 

I'm guessing this is about you . . . (Nightwriter927)

 

 

Quoting DEVO:

 

Freedom of choice 
Is what you got 
Freedom from choice 
Is what you want . . . 


Edited by vaporland - 3/3/14 at 3:38pm
post #52 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post

Is that because none of the "side effects" of STDs consist of headaches?  1wink.gif

No but the side effect of love does (gf, wife, significant other). lol.gif
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #53 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

I can see how the tweets about how much a celebrity is loving their Samsung phone being posted with their iPhone as being comical.  I fail to see the gotcha moment on this one, but it's probably just me.
Exactly.
post #54 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporland View Post
 

 

I'm guessing this is about you . . . (Nightwriter927)

 

 

Quoting DEVO:

 

Freedom of choice 
Is what you got 
Freedom from choice 
Is what you want . . . 


Then you'd be making assumptions, just like harr, wouldn't you?

post #55 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post


Absolutely. Sammy talks about "great" things being done on Sammy products. Apple shows that great things are being done on Apple products.

Same with that Google ad. Google talks about being a film make. Apple shows that people are creating films on iDevices.

Apple the actor, Samsung the reactor.

Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
post #56 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbee View Post
 

The simple, and most likely explanation, is that celebs usually make a lot of money, and people with money don't buy "cheap" .... they buy value. Remember ... Cost is what you spend. Value is what you get ... and there's a huge difference. Both of my daughters have an iPhone, and I can flat out guarantee you that neither one is "rich", but they both work hard for their money and they don't like to waste it on junk.

I agree with most of what you say, apart from the bit about people with money never buying "cheap." Being rich is no guarantee of taste.

Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
post #57 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


But you can rent it. Much less headaches. lol.gif

Many fewer headaches.

Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
post #58 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Many fewer headaches.

That too. lol.gif I knew the wording didn't sound quite right.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #59 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKronicle View Post
 

...When in all reality it was Ellen's gift for spontaneous and explosive combustion in sharing a true selfless moment with all of us on her own Galaxy Note 3 on stage.    

 

I don't doubt that what you're saying may be true, but this overblown rhetoric makes it sound like you're Ellen's publicist, except that Ellen's publicist probably has a surer command of the language.

 

Quote:
 that's what makes me most ashamed by the how Apple fans have tried to overwork this in their favor, when it was all just her being Ellen. Embarrassed because it showed me one thing I'm now so embarrassed to admit..... "Apple Fans are just so Extremely Arrogant and Selfish"! .....and I had always thought that was just an illusion! .....and now I know it's NOT!!!    

 

And this sort of thing is not well pitched to persuade the people you're trying to persuade.

post #60 of 69
Not sure if iKronicle is being sarcastic.

But Sammy paid for ABC to show the ginormous phone on screen. Spontaneous or not, Ellen was obligated to show the phone.

In the last 15 years, I don't believe Apple has paid for a celebrity endorser.
post #61 of 69
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post
But Sammy paid for ABC to show the ginormous phone on screen. Spontaneous or not, Ellen was obligated to show the phone.

 

Well, that’s ‘not’ then. :lol: 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #62 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Not sure if iKronicle is being sarcastic.

But Sammy paid for ABC to show the ginormous phone on screen. Spontaneous or not, Ellen was obligated to show the phone.

In the last 15 years, I don't believe Apple has paid for a celebrity endorser.

 

Samsung paid for product placement.  Apple also pays for product placement.  This whole thing is really not a big deal.

post #63 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidFTW View Post

Samsung paid for product placement.  Apple also pays for product placement.  This whole thing is really not a big deal.
What product placement is Apple paying for? Any specific examples?
post #64 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKronicle View Post

Actually Ellen is on Apple payroll along with several other celebs and they don't get all those spots in movie for free either. Just face the fact that Apple and their fans were pissed at the fact Samsung had only paid for the commercial air times, and 8 selfies to be taken in the green room. The Galaxy Note 3 was a gift to Ellen last year at launch, like they and Apple do for many celebrities from sports to entertainment! 

I've been using Apple gear for 20yrs and lately it's been getting less and less. Only because they seem to think they can still get by hanging onto Steve Jobs's apron strings and how he was able to romance his way into public view with Apple getting the fringe benefits. Without Steve they have no charisma no... chutzpah.... Magic!!!  .....so now they have to go back to paying for it, like every other company.  To attempt to steal the spotlight with type of underhanded backstage claim is hambone ugly and doesn't help their image as being so pedestrian CHEAP.... lately!

They need to come off their high horse along with their most religious of cult fans and start making a wider range of products they Elite..... and Bleat.... themselves as Sheep to DEATH! .....they are now following Samsung and no longer the leader they should be. Sell phones that more people can buy and STOP....... acting like their S**** (or fan's S***)  don't stink. Because it's episodes like this that says it does! 
Ellen is on Apple's payroll? Source??
post #65 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

What product placement is Apple paying for? Any specific examples?
Apple does pay for product placement but not in the Sammy in your face way.
post #66 of 69
Trolls are out today. I guess Sammy's check cleared.
post #67 of 69
Originally Posted by iKronicle View Post

Ive been using Apple gear for 20yrs

 

And opinion ignored.

 
Only because they seem to think they can still get by hanging onto Steve Jobs’s apron strings. Without Steve they have no charisma no... chutzpah....  no Magic!!!

 

[citation needed]

 
…for Apple to attempt to steal the spotlight on a night that belong to the Academy…

 

OH COME OFF IT. The night “belongs to the Academy” in the same way that credit for ending WWII belongs to a single soldier.

 
It's hambone ugly, like a carpet beggars in the civil war ripping off southerners and doesn't help their image as a premium grade product maker.

 

Has there ever been a less accurate simile?

 

start making a wider range of products

 

You don’t comprehend Apple in the slightest, not even on a fundamental level. This is not Apple. Buy your products from someone else.

 
…fit ordinary peoples lives and pocketbooks… too.

 

They do. Start living an ordinary life.

 
The suing thing isn’t helping either…

 

Instead of innovate don’t litigate, shut up and go away. How’s that sound?

 
…and lets see those vaporware products released…

 

YEAH. Let’s see garbage that was canned for a reason released!¡

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #68 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS11 View Post

House of Cards.

They might as well have an Apple logo watermark in the corner of the screen.

apple-product-placement-lead2.jpg 

There are also Blackberrys. And Windows computers. Chances are, if Apple was paying? There would only be Apple products.
post #69 of 69
Originally Posted by starbird73 View Post
Chances are, if Apple was paying? There would only be Apple products.

 

That hasn’t ever been the case before. Why would it be now?

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres poses for Samsung sponsored selfie, but tweets from her iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Oscars host Ellen DeGeneres poses for Samsung sponsored selfie, but tweets from her iPhone