or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google's mystery barge ordered to stop construction work, leave San Francisco bay

Google's mystery barge ordered to stop construction work, leave San Francisco bay - Page 2

post #41 of 51

We must pursue, Locutus, I mean the Captain is still aboard.!!!

post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post

Google may have been bending a few rules, we can't have that!

Now the state will need to pay for unemployment payments to the workers for a few weeks or even more as well as not collecting taxes on wages during that time. Then the sales tax revenue from the store finally opening will be delayed by a similar or longer period of time. Way to go!

Google will now have to weigh if for the next big project if they should just build it overseas (Mexico or many other places) and just float it finished to the area. After all not only are the workers less money but the chance of randomly being stopped are less as well.

So you think it would be better to fill the bay with unpermitted retail stores?
post #43 of 51
Allow the UN to inspect the barge for nuclear materials.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #44 of 51
It is possible that this thing may "accidently" sink on the way to another port....

Google could always sell this thing to a Mexican cartel where it could be loaded up with Mexican prostitutes, hooch and drugs and be towed up and down the west coast of American in international waters. Shuttle crafts could supply the customers from every port from America's southern boarder to Alaska. Google Glass could be rented to every customer on board so they can relive their antics on the barge when they get home and sober up.

Something like this is just BEGGING for a marketing name!
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
post #45 of 51
Hilarious!

Google, which would claim to employ some of the most intelligent people on the planet, gets caught doing something any journeyman plumber would know they shouldn't do. They were attempting to build without a permit, and in San Francisco no less. SF must have some of the most draconian permitting and building regulations in the country.

And did someone point out to the just how useless a barge would be for staging Google Glass demonstrations? Barges don't travel well on the open ocean. It could only be used for for the dozen or so cities on the West Coast.
post #46 of 51

Picketers lined the docks shouting, “BOO HOO; NEED NO GOO!”

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
post #47 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

...and cannot at all distinguish cub in the background, nor any of the other zillion structures...

The clock tower is visible just above the end of the pier... Is there another structure quite like it over there (don't know)?

Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
Where are we on the curve? We'll know once it goes asymptotic!
post #48 of 51

Aesthetics.  That thing has none.

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

MA497LL/A FB463LL/A MC572LL/A FC060LL/A MD481LL/A MD388LL/A ME344LL/A

post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macky the Macky View Post

It is possible that this thing may "accidently" sink on the way to another port....

Google could always sell this thing to a Mexican cartel where it could be loaded up with Mexican prostitutes, hooch and drugs and be towed up and down the west coast of American in international waters. Shuttle crafts could supply the customers from every port from America's southern boarder to Alaska. Google Glass could be rented to every customer on board so they can relive their antics on the barge when they get home and sober up.

Something like this is just BEGGING for a marketing name!

Google, forever barging in, uninvited.

“I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.”
“I wasted time, and now doth time waste me.”
post #50 of 51
don't be evil, y'all.
>>< drow ><<
>>< drow ><<
post #51 of 51

also, it'd be a damn shame if that monstrosity were mistaken for a practice target by the USN.

>>< drow ><<
>>< drow ><<
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Google's mystery barge ordered to stop construction work, leave San Francisco bay
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Google's mystery barge ordered to stop construction work, leave San Francisco bay