or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple expected to ship iOS 7.1 'any day now,' will support new iTunes Festival app

Apple expected to ship iOS 7.1 'any day now,' will support new iTunes Festival app - Page 2

post #41 of 52
Originally Posted by CoinAPhrase View Post
HEVC support

Doesn’t that require hardware designed to decode it?

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already fucked.

post #42 of 52
Touch ID fade seems to affect the outer tips of the finger. If I use the center part of my thumb, or even slightly below then Touch ID works every time. The weather here tends to go from humid cold to dry cold in just a day, so skin tends to endure some punishment.
post #43 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Fact: The SWSX festival starts next week.

Fact: The iTunes festival app is needed for live streaming from the SXSW festival.

Fact: The iTunes festival app requires iOS 7.1.

Fact: iOS is currently only on 7.0.6.

Deduction: iOS will be updated to iOS 7.1 before the SWSX festival starts next week.

Well, not entirely:

Fact: The iTunes festival app is needed for live streaming from the SXSW festival.

Rumor: The iTunes festival app requires iOS 7.1.

One of the infinite possibilities in the universe: iOS will be updated to iOS 7.1 before the SWSX festival starts next week.

See what I did there?
post #44 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoinAPhrase View Post

I don't see a good reason to require IOS 7.1 in the Festival app, unless they are suddenly adding HEVC support in 7.1, so they can do better video streaming.
We can see in the recent adoption rates of 7.0.X that Apple doesn't need any user incentives to drag along people to update.
Who cares if it gets us 7.1 faster. Safari crashes are seriously a pain in the ass and need to be fixed, like yesterday.
post #45 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post

Well, not entirely:

One of the infinite possibilities in the universe: iOS will be updated to iOS 7.1 before the SWSX festival starts next week.

See what I did there?

The actual number of possibilities  pertinent to this discussion are two:

1) iOs updates to 7.1 before SWSX
2) iOS doesn’t update to 7.1 before SWSX.

There is a 100% chance that iOS will update to iOs 7.1 at some stage, as it is in Beta.

March would historically be a fairly long time, for a point update, since the release of iOS 7.0.

Then there is the insider reputation of John Gruber, which is fairly considerable. So given the binary possibilities I would say it is a good deal higher than 50% that there will be a release at or before SWSX.

QED

I wanted dsadsa bit it was taken.
post #46 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar View Post

Well, not entirely:

See what I did there?

You are correct, regarding iTunes festival requires 7.1. I did consider that in my post but opted for brevity.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #47 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

The actual number of possibilities  pertinent to this discussion are two:

1) iOs updates to 7.1 before SWSX

2) iOS doesn’t update to 7.1 before SWSX.

There is a 100% chance that iOS will update to iOs 7.1 at some stage, as it is in Beta.

March would historically be a fairly long time, for a point update, since the release of iOS 7.0.

Then there is the insider reputation of John Gruber, which is fairly considerable. So given the binary possibilities I would say it is a good deal higher than 50% that there will be a release at or before SWSX.

QED

Just two possibilities? Not quite.

Apple could jump straight to 7.1.1.

They could update to 7.1, then quickly to 7.1.1.

They could bypass both and update to 7.1.2.

They could update to 7.1, then quickly pull it.

Just for starters.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Just for starters.

His comment comes down to they either will or won't update iOS before SXSW starts.

post #49 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

His comment comes down to they either will or won't update iOS before SXSW starts.

Yeah, I know; just felt like being a pedantic arse.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #50 of 52
Quote:

Just for starters.

No they won't do any of that (except possibly update from 7.1 quickly which would still be part of my binary options). If they are sitting on a showstopper in 7.1 they will fix that before release - releasing a 7.1.1 instead of 7.1 makes no sense because they can just rev the beta versions of 7.1. Which is what they are doing.

So yes I said there were two options, not an infinite amount. I also said, given Grubers record, it's probably more than 50-50 that there will be a release next week. Or this.
post #51 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

No they won't do any of that (except possibly update from 7.1 quickly which would still be part of my binary options). If they are sitting on a showstopper in 7.1 they will fix that before release - releasing a 7.1.1 instead of 7.1 makes no sense because they can just rev the beta versions of 7.1. Which is what they are doing.

So yes I said there were two options, not an infinite amount. I also said, given Grubers record, it's probably more than 50-50 that there will be a release next week. Or this.

Hey, I'm just being pedantic. Of course, it's highly likely that Apple will go with one of the two options you stated; just not actually 100%.

- African proverb
- African proverb
post #52 of 52
Quote:

Hey, I'm just being pedantic. Of course, it's highly likely that Apple will go with one of the two options you stated; just not actually 100%.

Fair enough. Anyway it's looking good, so let's hope it's soon enough.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple expected to ship iOS 7.1 'any day now,' will support new iTunes Festival app
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple expected to ship iOS 7.1 'any day now,' will support new iTunes Festival app