or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Roku distills set-top box into $50 'Streaming Stick' with on-screen interface, physical remote

Roku distills set-top box into $50 'Streaming Stick' with on-screen interface, physical remote - Page 2

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Yes 13 million is more than 5 mil but you're doing what androiders are criticized of doing, and that's comparing unequal markets. The ATV is available to a far greater number of people. Don't just look at the numbers at face value, I'm quite impressed that Roku has sold that many since they're virtually unknown, don't make other devices, and barely advertise. One doesn't have to be anti-Apple to see that this goldfish of a company has done quite well against a whale of a company like Apple.

you are wrong about the comparison. Apple peeps disagree with comparing the sales of a lone Apple product - an iPhone - against all the hardware firms that use android. 

The comparison of Apple TV sales in the US against that of the Roku is fine. As is the comparison of iPhones to Samsung smartphones. One product against another. 

But remember, as Andysol pointed out a few posts up , Apple is by far the leader in sales of TV hardware and media.

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

android sucks, but not as much as the people who come here to defend it.

New for MS dorks - Microsoft sucks just as much as the losers that come to AI to defend it

post #42 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter236 View Post

Roku consoles are still the market leader

Look- I was correcting peter in that roku isn't the market leader. You then went to jump and defend him when I clearly said they aren't.

Never did I say roku as a product isn't impressive. Never did I say roku a market share isn't impressive. Never did any of that get said. You keep bringing iT up- why? I assume to deflect the original point- apple is he market leader. Peter was wrong. You were wrong to defend him. Nothing more needs to be said.

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

2014 27" Retina iMac i5, 2012 27" iMac i7, 2011 Mac Mini i5
iPad Air 2, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6, iPhone 5S, iPod Touch 5
Time Capsule 5, (3) AirPort Express 2, (2) Apple TV 3

post #43 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Look- I was correcting peter in that roku isn't the market leader. You then went to jump and defend him when I clearly said they aren't.

Never did I say roku as a product isn't impressive. Never did I say roku a market share isn't impressive. Never did any of that get said. You keep bringing iT up- why? I assume to deflect the original point- apple is he market leader. Peter was wrong. You were wrong to defend him. Nothing more needs to be said.

That would depend on the market, and you did ask in what way. My graph shows how Roku is in more homes than the ATV in the US but worldwide it's a different story. The OP should've specified what market he was referring to, but I'll agree to fact that Apple is indeed the overall market leader by a wide margin.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Roku distills set-top box into $50 'Streaming Stick' with on-screen interface, physical remote