or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod Syncing :::

iPod Syncing :::

post #1 of 3
Was wondering, does the ipod sync to what's on the computer? or does the computer sync to what's on the ipod? or can you choose?

also: if i deleted a song off my PC, but it was still on my iPod, will the ipod put that song I deleted back onto my PC?
post #2 of 3
[quote]Originally posted by Badtz:
<strong>Was wondering, does the ipod sync to what's on the computer? or does the computer sync to what's on the ipod? or can you choose?</strong><hr></blockquote> The ipod syncs to whats on the computer... but therea re 3rd party "hacks" that let you get around this, see <a href="http://forums.appleinsider.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=000148" target="_blank">this</a>

<strong> [quote]also: if i deleted a song off my PC, but it was still on my iPod, will the ipod put that song I deleted back onto my PC?</strong><hr></blockquote>

um i can only speak for Macs... but no the iPod will not put that song back, you must use one of the aforementioned "hacks" to do it for you--NOTE you MUST do this BEFORE you sync the iPod or you will LOSE the song you deleted (if it is not on the computer, it will be deleted from the iPod...)

of course you could always switch the prefeences in iTunes to "manual mode" but you still wouldnt be able to get songs off the iPod without the hack, but songs wouldnt be deleted unless you deleted them yourself...

hth

-Paul
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #3 of 3
thanks for the links!! much help!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod Syncing :::