or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod R.I.P.

iPod R.I.P.

post #1 of 5
Ok i just got a 10 GB iPod for graduation. i charge it, load my contact and my music. it works great. i go to sleep with my sleep list on its fine. i wake up and its fine. after listening for a bit i turn it off to listen to my mom talk and etc. i try to turn it back on and nothing. i checked the hold button and still nothing. i even plugged into the wall, not even the charging symbol came up like when it was new and dead. i tried the omputer and mothing there either. i checked with headphones to see if the lcd had just gone bad but nothing there either. any help is apreciated.
If you had game like me You would still have your girl.
post #2 of 5
Seems you've tried some of the options, but try the others listed on Apple's <a href="http://kbase.info.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/kbase.woa/23/wa/query?searchMode=Expert&type=id&val=KC.60942" target="_blank">troubleshooting page</a>.

If all else fails, there's a link at the bottom of the page to arrange a repair.
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #3 of 5
The iPod is very flaky like this. Hold play and the menu button.
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
post #4 of 5
dude!!!!! thanx you guys i love you. it at least made something come on the screen. low battery sign. which is weird. but oh well better than nothing. ill give it a good charge and post in a bit if it works then. i think it was a combo of the reset thing and leaving it unplugged for like 20 hours.

[ 06-04-2002: Message edited by: myahmac ]</p>
post #5 of 5
yep, it just froze. a simple reset is all thats needed. the first time it happens can make u panic, as it kinda freaked me out too. but its pretty easy to reset, so no biggie...
"If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

"If curling is an olympic sport, then oral sex is adultery. If anything, oral sex should be an olympic sport...cause it's...
"If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

"If curling is an olympic sport, then oral sex is adultery. If anything, oral sex should be an olympic sport...cause it's...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod R.I.P.