or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Pebble adds eBay, Evernote & Time Warner as latest smart watch app partners

Pebble adds eBay, Evernote & Time Warner as latest smart watch app partners

post #1 of 15
Pebble on Friday announced a trio of new partners for its wrist-worn platform, with official applications from eBay, Evernote and Time Warner Cable now available on the Pebble app store.

eBay, Evernote and Time Warner's Intelligent Home for Pebble.

The new eBay application for Pebble allows users to quickly access their eBay Feeds and discover products, while products can be added to Watch Lists with the press of a button. Evernote also gives access to Checklists, Reminders and Notebooks on the wrist, while Time Warner Cable allows Intelligent Home subscribers to control their home on their Pebble.

Also launched this week was the new Digital DriveStyle application from Mercedes-Benz, providing drivers with glanceable vehicle information, road hazards and speed notifications on their wrists.

Friday's new application debuts coincided with the launch of the Pebble app store for Android smartphone owners. The Pebble app store has been available on Apple's iOS platform for over a month.

Flagship partners for Pebble at last month's iOS launch were Foursquare, Yelp, GoPro, and ESPN. The app store is compatible with all Pebble watches, from the earliest Kickstarter-backed units to the new Pebble Steel, which AppleInsider reviewed earlier this week.

Pebble said on Friday that the launch of the app store on Android took "a bit longer than expected" in order to ensure that the platform was up to par with what iOS users have had for the last month.
post #2 of 15

UI reminds me a little of the feel of System 7. :p

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

post #3 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I have to agree....

Kind of a good idea here, but I still do not think these things will take off. It has that who Dick Tracy look and Feel to it.

It is like this how they future should be, but it fails to meet the expectations.

post #4 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

On any Black and White Mac.

post #5 of 15

I hope it comes with a coupon for free readers/reading glasses from Walgreens.

post #6 of 15
Enough with the pebble mocking and bashing. I have one, and it serves its purpose extremely well. It doesn't have all the tech and all the feature in the world, but it makes my life just a bit more comfortable and easier, and for me it was money well spent. Not having to pull my phone out of my pocket every 2 min with worthwhile, as well as being able to leave my phone on silent 100% of the time.
post #7 of 15
still a tacky and useless device. I rather not wear that eyesore and just pull out my phone with a decent and more usable OS
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Enough with the pebble mocking and bashing. I have one, and it serves its purpose extremely well. It doesn't have all the tech and all the feature in the world, but it makes my life just a bit more comfortable and easier, and for me it was money well spent. Not having to pull my phone out of my pocket every 2 min with worthwhile, as well as being able to leave my phone on silent 100% of the time.

That's fine, but like the Sony and Samsung "smartwatches" these are very niche products. The fitness bands are more universal than these "smartwatches" and I'd say those are still very niche.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #9 of 15
Pebble is awesome. Had it since kick starter. Works very well.
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's fine, but like the Sony and Samsung "smartwatches" these are very niche products. The fitness bands are more universal than these "smartwatches" and I'd say those are still very niche.

Because the smart watches have a small array of sensors they can serve the purpose of the fitness bands. However the fitness bands cannot do half of what the smart watches can. Also an open platform like Pebble gives the chance for developers to use these sensors in new and innovative ways.

post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holistic View Post

Because the smart watches have a small array of sensors they can serve the purpose of the fitness bands. However the fitness bands cannot do half of what the smart watches can. Also an open platform like Pebble gives the chance for developers to use these sensors in new and innovative ways.

If that's the case then how can you answer with "because" if fitness bands are more popular and yet do less?

post #12 of 15
I still love my pebble also, the notifications alone save me time and I never miss a call either. The only wearable that will ever replace it will be the iwatch.
post #13 of 15
PEBBLE HAS TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. There's no 1-800 number to speak with someone; you must wait until they decide to email you back (about a week).

PEBBLE LIES ABOUT WHEN THEIR PRODUCT WILL SHIP. I ordered the steel on Feb. 8th, and I was told it would ship mid-late February. Someone finally emailed me back stating that it's "expected" to ship the week of April 7th. THAT IS 9-10 WEEKS AFTER THE ORDER DATE, despite the fact that their website still promises 6-8 weeks.
post #14 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

In the absence of a DED thermonuclear this weekend, I thought I'd reply to your post.

Sitting in the warm sun by Big Ben watching the birds go by.

Slurpy, I feel your pain! Everyone hates it when their fave gadget gets pissed on, and you could hardly accuse AI commenters of not being tribal when it comes to Apple.

The Yan part of me loves watches like the Pebble, and I'm sure I'd have hours of fun tinkering with it if I was given one. And in many ways, Pebble has the Apple mentality.

For me, I would want it to be much thinner, a touch screen, colour and with fewer buttons.

I'd love to have a map—it would be great to be able to walk around without needing the iPhone in my hand.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #15 of 15

Then don't and don't bitch about it. Get some life into your life and move on.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Pebble adds eBay, Evernote & Time Warner as latest smart watch app partners
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Pebble adds eBay, Evernote & Time Warner as latest smart watch app partners