or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod details

iPod details

post #1 of 10
i thought i would point out a couple of small details about the new iPods. hey, this is my first thread i have ever started here. k.

5GB: .78'' deep
10GB: .72'' deep
20GB: .84'' deep

so the 5GB is the same depth as previous iPods (which were already too thick IMO). the 10GB is thinner, and the 20GB is thicker. i want the 10GB thank you very much. thinner = mo bettar

also, all the new iPods come with a 1 year limited warranty. the old ones had a 90 day limited. 1 year = winar . 90 day = suck.

conclusion: new 10GB iPod = teh ubar winar

k thx bye. end transmission.
lamo mac boy
lamo mac boy
post #2 of 10
Wow... hadn't even noticed that they made it a 1 year warranty now. That's a lot better than the 90 day warranty. Gives me something to think about for the next 2 months while I figure out whether or not to sell my 5GB iPod and go to the 10GB.
What the problem is?
What the problem is?
post #3 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by Jakeman:
<strong>conclusion: new 10GB iPod = teh ubar winar</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, my order has been placed, 2-4 weeks, man.
post #4 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by [kevin]:
<strong>

Yes, my order has been placed, 2-4 weeks, man.</strong><hr></blockquote>

eww, back order = suck
lamo mac boy
lamo mac boy
post #5 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by Jakeman:
<strong>

eww, back order = suck</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep, my 17" iMac and 10 GB iPod are expected in 2-4 weeks. However, I will be receiving my printer for the "print and save" rebate thing right away.
post #6 of 10
do you guys know if the $39-remote will be available before the new units are ready?
Cuz I have the older 10Gig and am dying for that remote!!!!
"look at all these wonderful toys..."
"look at all these wonderful toys..."
post #7 of 10
If the WAVV audio format makes it to the iPod, you'll be able to practically double the capacity without loosing sound quality!
Things Ain't What They Seem!
Things Ain't What They Seem!
post #8 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by MCQ:
<strong>Wow... hadn't even noticed that they made it a 1 year warranty now. That's a lot better than the 90 day warranty. Gives me something to think about for the next 2 months while I figure out whether or not to sell my 5GB iPod and go to the 10GB.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually all original ipods were secretly given a one year extended warranty.
post #9 of 10
Yes, I believe that most iPods actually ended up with a one year warranty, but I can't figure out if it had to be tied in with a Mac or not.
post #10 of 10
It's true! It's true!

My ipod died about a month ago, about 6 months after I bought it. Since then I've been dividing my time between complaining on the Apple Support Discussions and saving up my money for a new one. But tonight after reading the rumors about the warranties being extended, I called up and sure enough, they told me that my warranty had in fact been extended, and they're sending out a shipping container for repair. After seeing the improvements at MacWorld, I'll still probably buy a new one. But at least now this one will have some resale value on eBay, etc.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod details