Either saving or loss. WE DON’T KNOW. It can’t even be MEASURED. We know the range is ±$4 to the user, but we also know tens of millions of dollars in productivity, etc. for those weeks are LOST.
WHY DO WE DO THIS NONSENSE?
Yeah well, I'm about to start getting into programming my devices (iPad Air also) and I will target iOS 7. Good to have the low end of the spectrum to check performance on. I'm OK with it being a bit slower for the next month or so until I get the sweet release of upgrading to the A6 and 1GB RAM (of the iPhone 5c).
Since my employer is paying for it I am going to be happy with it for the next 20 months or so and then upgrade to the 6S in 2015.
I'm glad that Apple put some focus on improving iPhone 4 performance, and I'm impressed they got that much improvement in the Messages app. But this is a great chart to show just how sluggish iPhone 4 performs on iOS 7.X to iOS 6.X. Hopefully future 7.X iterations continue this trend.
A few months ago I upgraded my iPhone 4 from iOS 5 to iOS 7., then more recently updated it to iOS 7.0.6.
It's definitely faster than on iOS5, plus more overall speed because of the improved iOS interface.
Most of the time I use WiFi, my carrier's 3G speed is only good after midnight. Their daytime 3G speed started dropping rapidly about 2.5 years back, obviously too many phones using it.
My iPhone 4 does the job very well for me, mainly basic investment info and news. It more than pays for itself.
Videos are slow, so I avoid them. The now popular investment videos are not that useful anyway, mainly advertising.
It will be used until failure, still gets an average of 4 days per charge.
Reduce motion and iOS 7.1 options its by far better idea! i rather have iOS 7 run slower on my iPhone 4 than not have those animations, 95% of iOS 7 agrees with me! they want full iOS 7 experience, and the other 5% they will never be happy even if the next iPhone will cure cancer they will still find some excuse
sincerely no offence i'm just glad Apple did their way
It's a vast improvement, so it's just you.
Just stumbled across another little tweak in 7.1 that I've not seen mentioned: if the camera app's Flash setting is auto, a little yellow flag pops up at the bottom of the screen to warn if the flash is going to fire when you take the picture (this on a 5S). Spent a happy two minutes changing light levels to test it.
I like iOS 7, I can even tolerate the icons now and it's getting much more stable, even on the brand new processors.
OS X and iOS user
OS X and iOS user