or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod just died..what the heck??? What can I do...have had it about 10 months...

iPod just died..what the heck??? What can I do...have had it about 10 months...

post #1 of 11
Ok my iPod just died...was updating it's software and then just died...what the heck? What are my options here? If any? I have had about ten months...DARN!

Mod Edit - Keep it clean, please.

[ 08-18-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
post #2 of 11
Call Apple. It's under Warranty. Apple granted a year retro warranty of initial iPod users. Call quickly.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #3 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by hmurchison:
<strong>Call Apple. It's under Warranty. Apple granted a year retro warranty of initial iPod users. Call quickly.</strong><hr></blockquote>

really? old iPod users now have a year of warranty!?
post #4 of 11
Yes, Apple quietly has made original purchases of the 5 gig version into one year warranties. The iPod probably needs to be reset. Go to the Apple site and look up what to do.

Stop posting with curse words.... read the rules.

[ 08-18-2002: Message edited by: MacsRGood4U ]</p>
Things Ain't What They Seem!
Things Ain't What They Seem!
post #5 of 11
Moving to Digital Hub...
post #6 of 11
im in the apple store in dallas right now. took my ipod in (one of the original batch), and after about 20 minutes, i have a brand new one in my pocket. no worries dude. its still under warrenty.
oh, and this place is awesome--well worth the drive up here to see...
"If it weren't for my horse...I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

"If curling is an olympic sport, then oral sex is adultery. If anything, oral sex should be an olympic sport...cause it's...

"If curling is an olympic sport, then oral sex is adultery. If anything, oral sex should be an olympic sport...cause it's...
post #7 of 11
Did they manage to get any of the data off of the iPod for you?
post #8 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by Fran441:
<strong>Did they manage to get any of the data off of the iPod for you?</strong><hr></blockquote>

nope, although that would have been nice, so i coulda listened to it on the long drive home...
just a clean exchange, with the new one still in the "don't steal music" plastic covering.

post #9 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by _ alliance _:
<strong>

nope, although that would have been nice, so i coulda listened to it on the long drive home...
just a clean exchange, with the new one still in the "don't steal music" plastic covering.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Still under warranty until the end of October or was it extended with the new one you received?
I can change my sig again!
I can change my sig again!
post #10 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by Eugene:
<strong>

Still under warranty until the end of October or was it extended with the new one you received?</strong><hr></blockquote>

i have no clue. im going to comp usa tomorrow and getting their 2-year warranty so i dont have to worry.

post #11 of 11
update for anyone who cares: took my ipod into compusa today to get the 2 year warranty. well, the general manager got kinda confused, but eventually i told him exactly what was needed, so he figured out to use the warrenty on portable harddrives. they got kinda confused about how to ring it up, and didnt even check to see if the ipod worked, when i bought it, or write down the serial number. they just wrote it up in the system that it was a 5 gigger worth $499 (so clueless they even added an extra hundred on there for some reason ). so in a couple years, ill take it in and get whatever apple has to offer thats worth 500 bucks.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod just died..what the heck??? What can I do...have had it about 10 months...