I still want…
1) Caching map data for out of cell travel. User defined in MBs. Cache 50MB of map data within my route at X level (arial view down to street details). OS X Map should allow for regional caching. Cache the US or Canada, etc.
2) Recalculating look-ahead for city driving, so Maps will have a plan B if you miss your turn. By the time any map app recalculates I am already past that next street. (yes, I should slow down….)
3) POI pit-stops. After I hit start, I want to be able to have Maps reroute me to coffee, gas, etc., then back on my original route without me having to reenter the destination.
4) Trip planning. Multiple POIs along a trip route. Calculate time and fuel based off MPG that I enter. San Diego CA to Scottsdale AZ, stopping at X, Y, and Z locations, including hotel. Map will suggest possible gas stops along the way.
5) I would not mind folders for favorites
6) Ability to easily drop a pin to mark a favorite location. Great for hiking/photography, etc. (also see #8)
7) Multiple pins on a map to see distances and routes between them. Great for planning.
8) Persistant pins. I want to push a pin, give it a name, and ALWAYS have it on the map as my personal POIs. These should also then be searchable and sync with my iOS devices.
9) Route archiving. When I take those awesome drives in California and find one that I want to repeat I should be able to save last drive route in my favorites, while also adding personal POIs (#8). Of course, I should be able to share these with friends.
10) Crowd sourcing for iOS Maps would be nice.