or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTunes : temporarily listen to songs?

iTunes : temporarily listen to songs?

post #1 of 9
Is there anyway to temporarily listen to songs in iTunes w/out adding it into the library?

i want to listen to multiple songs [to find out if i want to keep it or not] and it's a pain keeping track of which one's are still lingering in my library folder.
post #2 of 9
I'm not sure that you can.

You could just play the songs with QuickTime Player?

Or put a custom "genre" tag on MP3s that you may want to delete? Then it's easy to filter and remove them from iTunes.
Chicanery.
Chicanery.
post #3 of 9
Drag the file to the QuickTime Player icon in your dock. Problem solved. You can also Get Info and change the default application of that file.
post #4 of 9
hmmm, maybe i can use audion?

does audion support dragging the file into it's icon?

*i don't have quicktime in the dock, but maybe this is a reason to do so again*
post #5 of 9
[quote]Originally posted by badtz:
<strong>*i don't have quicktime in the dock, but maybe this is a reason to do so again*</strong><hr></blockquote>

It doesn't need to be *in the dock* you can go drag it to the quicktime that is in your Applications menu, and it will still work perfectly.
post #6 of 9
I have the same problem...I found that the easiest way is to 'Get Info' the file and click preview. You can play it from there.
MTV is to music as KFC is to chicken.
- Lewis Black
MTV is to music as KFC is to chicken.
- Lewis Black
post #7 of 9
Or view the enclosing folder in Column view and play it in the Preview pane...
Whatever it is, it ain't rocket science
Whatever it is, it ain't rocket science
post #8 of 9
didn't think about get info ---&gt;&gt; preview!

thanks!
post #9 of 9
for those interseted....

there IS a way to do this w/out copying the file into your library...

hold down OPTION when you drag the song in

(this is assuming you have the option to automatically organize your files checked in the advantanced tab]
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTunes : temporarily listen to songs?