or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Amazon increases Prime membership fee to $99 per year
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Amazon increases Prime membership fee to $99 per year - Page 2

post #41 of 81
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

... Amazon noted that Prime subscriptions have remained unchanged "even as fuel and transportation costs have increased."

 

I have noted that free shipping remains unchanged "even as fuel and transportation costs have increased."  Oddly enough, I just started an Amazon Prime trial membership about a week ago.  I'll let it lapse after the trial period is over though.  I just don't order enough stuff to make $99/year worth it.  (And I'm never in that much of a hurry to get things anyway.  I can wait a week for whatever Blu-Ray discs I want.)

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Reply

Sent from my iPhone Simulator

Reply
post #42 of 81
For anyone who may be interested, please find a thorough comparison of Amazon Instant Prime, Hulu Plus, Google Play, Netflix Instant and Apple iTunes in the provided link.


My apologies as I do not recall the source.

I must say that I do use Amazon Prime for the free shipping as well as Amazon Instant Prime although I greatly prefer Hulu Plus and Netflix Instant on AppleTV.

I have a Roku which is the device I use for Amazon Instant Prime. I do not use the Roku as much as the AppleTV because the AppleTV has a superior user experience. The user experience for Hulu Plus and Netflix on AppleTV is more responsive and more intuitive than on Roku which is possibly the reason I use Apple iTunes, Hulu Plus and Netflix Instant much more than Amazon Instant Prime.

I do believe that Amazon has demonstrated several anti-competitive practices in regards to several of their products and services.
Edited by MacBook Pro - 3/13/14 at 9:31am
post #43 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


How can you check?


PS: Just yesterday, on the 25th anniversary of the World Wide Web, I was wondering what my first internet purchase was. I have absolutely no idea.

Log into your account and look at your order history.

The pop-up menu allows you to pick a year.

When you do it shows how many orders you placed that year.

 

The first thing I ever purchased online was my first digital camera.

The second thing I purchased was Apple's original Airport base station.

After that I lost track...

post #44 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

For anyone who may be interested, please find a thorough comparison of Amazon Instant Prime, Hulu Plus, Google Play, Netflix Instant and Apple iTunes in the provided link.


My apologies as I do not recall the source.

I must say that I do use Amazon Prime for the free shipping as well as Amazon Instant Prime although I greatly prefer Hulu Plus and Netflix Instant on AppleTV.

I have a Roku which is the device I use for Amazon Instant Prime. I do not use the Roku as much as the AppleTV because the AppleTV has a superior user experience. The user experience for Hulu Plus and Netflix on AppleTV is more responsive and more intuitive than on Roku which is possibly the reason I use Apple iTunes, Hulu Plus and Netflix Instant much more than Amazon Instant Prime.

I do believe that Amazon has demonstrated several anti-competitive practices in regards to several of their products and services.

I have used the site below. It does a live search which can take several seconds to complete so it's only really good for doing single searches but it's well designed and offers a level of sophistication that is unmatched.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #45 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBook Pro View Post

I do believe that Amazon has demonstrated several anti-competitive practices in regards to several of their products and services.

 

I have a love hate relationship with Amazon.

They treat the workers in their warehouses worse than a Walmart in North Korea.

post #46 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

So how do we contact them
This is stupid

 

I used the contact us link after going to the help page.

 

Should be a yellow button on the right hand side of this page.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=gw_m_b_he?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

post #47 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsnw View Post

Heard the monopoly nonsense in business school, only it was tagged to Walmart.Still waiting for the universal price hikes to hit.

Amazon is a monopoly of what, exactly? Jeff B. is a volume guy and likes low prices. That's just the way he rolls. $99 is still a huge bargain for online shoppers like me. There will be no price hikes because this economy is still sluggish. Everyone can compare value online.

Ebooks. They had 90% market share with a barrier to entry and DOJ support. Jeff B likes below cost prices to stifle competition. How is Walmart a monopoly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

How can you check?


PS: Just yesterday, on the 25th anniversary of the World Wide Web, I was wondering what my first internet purchase was. I have absolutely no idea.

Mine was probably Columbia House CDs.
post #48 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mozzarella View Post



Log into your account and look at your order history.
The pop-up menu allows you to pick a year.
When you do it shows how many orders you placed that year.

The first thing I ever purchased online was my first digital camera.
The second thing I purchased was Apple's original Airport base station.
After that I lost track...

Thanks.

My history is light compared to yours. Amazon Prime has existed longer than I've made purchases at Amazon but I only first purchased it last year.

2014 . . . 15
2013 . . . 27
2012 . . . 12
2011 . . . 10
2010 . . . 6
2009 . . . 0
2008 . . . 8

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #49 of 81

Well, $99 is still a good price if you ship a lot of stuff from Amazon.

 

Regarding the bundling of shipping and streaming services... Well it just makes perfect sense. Those two things go together.  Shipping physical package and streaming digital content.

 

One has to do with physically moving packages on planes, boats and trucks.  The other has to do with watching shows and movies on your digital device.

 

Oh wait, actually those two things have no connection whatsoever.

post #50 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 512ke View Post

Well, $99 is still a good price if you ship a lot of stuff from Amazon.

Regarding the bundling of shipping and streaming services... Well it just makes perfect sense. Those two things go together.  Shipping physical package and streaming digital content.

One has to do with physically moving packages on planes, boats and trucks.  The other has to do with watching shows and movies on your digital device.

Oh wait, actually those two things have no connection whatsoever.

Other than they both involve delivery, one physical and one digital, you're correct. Absolutely nothing in common.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #51 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Thanks.

My history is light compared to yours. Amazon Prime has existed longer than I've made purchases at Amazon but I only first purchased it last year.

2014 . . . 15
2013 . . . 27
2012 . . . 12
2011 . . . 10
2010 . . . 6
2009 . . . 0
2008 . . . 8

Hadnt paid attention until you mentioned it but my Amazon orders went way up after signing on for Amazon Prime. Can you figure out what year that was? I get my monies worth, as Amazon probably does too.

2007- 5
2008- 9
2009- 5
2010- 9
2011- 10
2012- 23
2013- 25
2014- 6
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #52 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy911 View Post
 

 

Amazon doesn't have a monopoly on anything.

 

 

At one point it had over a 90 percent share of eBooks, which constitutes a monopoly. It gained that monopoly by predatory pricing. Why do you think it paid the DOJ off to go after Apple?

post #53 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Ebooks. They had 90% market share with a barrier to entry and DOJ support. Jeff B likes below cost prices to stifle competition. How is Walmart a monopoly?

What does the cost of Amazon Prime have to do with their ebook market?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #54 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBell View Post


At one point it had over a 90 percent share of eBooks, which constitutes a monopoly. It gained that monopoly by predatory pricing. Why do you think it paid the DOJ off to go after Apple?

That doesn't constitute a monopoly. Using your logic Apple had a monopoly when they had a 90% share in the tablet market. Right now roughly 80% of digital music downloads is from iTunes, is that a monopoly?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #55 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Thanks.
My history is light compared to yours. Amazon Prime has existed longer than I've made purchases at Amazon but I only first purchased it last year.

2014 . . . 15
2013 . . . 27
2012 . . . 12
2011 . . . 10
2010 . . . 6
2009 . . . 0
2008 . . . 8

Your on a pace to hit 75 orders this year.

post #56 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Hadnt paid attention until you mentioned it but my Amazon orders went way up after signing on for Amazon Prime. Can you figure out what year that was? I get my monies worth, as Amazon probably does too.

2007- 5
2008- 9
2009- 5
2010- 9
2011- 10
2012- 23
2013- 25
2014- 6

Before Prime it was better to order multiple items at once to save on shipping.

Once you get Prime this becomes unnecessary.

In fact it is easier to manage orders if you order items seperately.

 

When you log into your account and click on "Manage Prime Membership" you can see when you first joined. 

post #57 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by malax View Post

I buy a ton of stuff from Amazon since their prices are usually the best, but I don't do Prime and I never pay for shipping (I notice they changed the free-shipping minimum from $25 to $35 over the holidays).  I expect that Amazon hates customers like me.

I buy a ton of stuff through the Amazon site, but not so much from Amazon themselves. It's a good portal, but I can't see paying a company to do business with them, or even buying a tablet that's really a device that does one thing well; sucking money out of my pocket.
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
Reply
post #58 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

DOJ to investigate Apple.

 

When Apple starts charging for iWork on iCloud, blame Amazon.

post #59 of 81
I wonder if $79 to $99 increase is greater than inflation over the nine-year period. At 25% it probably is but I'm not sure by how much.
post #60 of 81

Forget it.

 

Since they started charging sales tax here, I wouldn't consider prime at $9 a year, let alone $99.

 

I only buy things that aren't eligible for prime from them now, since they don't charge sales tax on those.

post #61 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Also available for Prime subscribers is the Kindle Owners' Lending Library, which allows users to choose from more than 500,000 books to borrow with no due dates. Once titles have been borrowed from Amazon's website, they can be accessed through the official Kindle for iOS application.

Is this really true??

 

Everything that I have seen says that the Lending Library is such that borrowed books can be read on Kindle devices ONLY, and NOT on iPhone/iPad using Kindle for iOS.

 

It would be nice if this were true but I fear it is not.

post #62 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by plovell View Post

Is this really true??

Everything that I have seen says that the Lending Library is such that borrowed books can be read on Kindle devices ONLY, and NOT on iPhone/iPad using Kindle for iOS.

It would be nice if this were true but I fear it is not.

You're correct; it's Kindle devices only.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #63 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

What does the cost of Amazon Prime have to do with their ebook market?

Was answering a monopoly question. Please do not pass Go or collect $200. 1smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

That doesn't constitute a monopoly. Using your logic Apple had a monopoly when they had a 90% share in the tablet market. Right now roughly 80% of digital music downloads is from iTunes, is that a monopoly?

Yes. Monopoly in itself isn't illegal. But Apple didn't have predatory pricing nor did they force others out by threats.
post #64 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Yes. Monopoly in itself isn't illegal. But Apple didn't have predatory pricing nor did they force others out by threats.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, and there's more than one way to make sure that the competition can't compete. You can undercut them in price, or you can out innovate them, and while one is more honorable than the other the end result is the same. At the end of the day does a dying company really care about why it was unable to compete?
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #65 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

HEY AMAZON BREAK IT UP
I do nt want the other services don't use them why pay for them
Amazon the new cable company

How do we contact amazon??


Got news for you buddy. Amazon Prime was $80 before the Movies and Books were added -- for free. So it's just a convenient argument on your point that you are now "paying" for them. I'm going to believe "increased fuel and transportation costs" way before I believe, the argument that you are now going to make, that this price increase is just a ruse to charge for these e-books and the video service.

 

Free 2-day shipping is either worth $99/year to you or not.


Edited by 31 Flavas - 3/13/14 at 3:09pm
post #66 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
 


Got news for you buddy. Amazon Prime was $80 before the Movies and Books were added -- for free. So it's just a convenient argument on your point that you are now "paying" for them. I'm going to believe "increased fuel and transportation costs" way before I believe, the argument that you are now going to make, that this price increase is just a ruse to charge for these e-books and the video service.

 

Free 2-day shipping is either worth $99/year to you or not.

i don't want to pay for something i DON'T use,  i want to save $240 a year which pays for an iPhone upgrade 

the easiest thing for me to do is 

STOP USING AMAZON PRIME AND BUY FROM OTHERS

THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT

I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #67 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

i don't want to pay for something i DON'T use,  i want to save $240 a year which pays for an iPhone upgrade 
the easiest thing for me to do is 
STOP USING AMAZON PRIME AND BUY FROM OTHERS
THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT

You obviously don't have Prime now, you are complaining of a price increase that literally impacts you in zero ways. It would take you 12 years comparing current to new rates to "save" $240 with the difference.
post #68 of 81
Amazon Prime is great, but if you don%u2019t feel like paying 25% more, check out ShopRunner. They%u2019re giving Amazon Prime members free one year membership to try their free two day shipping at www.shoprunner.com/amazon-prime.
post #69 of 81

what's this about   its a price increase for services i DON'T want

so you pay it

i'm dropping prime 

 

above thanks   i'll try that site

 

what amazon needs to do is charge for the service as i discussed    how about this novel idea

prime  $

prime with streaming and borrowing  $$

 

lets try to keep customers not alienate them

 

i've been a prime member for as long as there has been prime

 

so what's loyalty to customer's anyway???

I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #70 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Hadnt paid attention until you mentioned it but my Amazon orders went way up after signing on for Amazon Prime. Can you figure out what year that was? I get my monies worth, as Amazon probably does too.

2007- 5
2008- 9
2009- 5
2010- 9
2011- 10
2012- 23
2013- 25
2014- 6

Me, too. I guess Prime is a smart service since it appears to get users to buy more products.

I am fairly close (in postal terms) to an Amazon distribution center so I usually received my packages within 2 days but last year I noticed the times between ordering and be ready to ship were taking longer and longer until sometimes it would take a week before it would be shipped, and then it would be a day or two after that before it arrived. I purchase Prime and orders started getting filled right away.

PS: I also signed up for an Amazon credit card. No annual fee and I get 3% back for every Amazon purchase, and 2% back for any pharmacy, gas station, restaurant or office supply store. I use these services anyway so I might as well get a little something back in return. It's worth several hundred dollars a year to me.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #71 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkVader View Post
 

Forget it.

 

Since they started charging sales tax here, I wouldn't consider prime at $9 a year, let alone $99.

 

I only buy things that aren't eligible for prime from them now, since they don't charge sales tax on those.

GREAT  idea, thanks

I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #72 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


PS: I also signed up for an Amazon credit card. No annual fee and I get 3% back for every Amazon purchase, and 2% back for any pharmacy, gas station, restaurant or office supply store. I use these services anyway so I might as well get a little something back in return. It's worth several hundred dollars a year to me.

Same here.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #73 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31 Flavas View Post
 


Got news for you buddy. Amazon Prime was $80 before the Movies and Books were added -- for free. So it's just a convenient argument on your point that you are now "paying" for them. I'm going to believe "increased fuel and transportation costs" way before I believe, the argument that you are now going to make, that this price increase is just a ruse to charge for these e-books and the video service.

 

Free 2-day shipping is either worth $99/year to you or not.

 

So you think that Amazon trying to start a competitor to Netflix (that charges customers $10/month) and Hulu Plus (that charges $8/month) isn't increasing Amazon's costs?  You think the streaming rights to all those movies and TV shows, as well as lending rights to the ebooks don't cost them anything?  Now Amazon is starting to get their own exclusive shows too, you think that doesn't cost anything?  These things are costing millions of dollars, and I am way more convinced that they are the actual reason for the increase not shipping costs.

 

As others have pointed out, if shipping costs were the driving factor why aren't they getting rid of free shipping for non-prime members, or at least raising the minimum purchase level to qualify again?  Many online vendors make you have to order $50 or $100 in merchandise before you get free shipping Amazon is only $35.

 

The more I think about it, the more sense it makes for  Amazon to split the two offerings.  The way it is now they have to be losing quite a few members over $20 a year.  If they had instead split the offerings I would bet that the majority of Prime members that use the streaming service would have been more than happy to pay an extra $20 a year to keep that service.  After all that is only $1.67/month, way cheaper than Netflix or Hulu Plus.  Not only that but I bet a ton of new customers would have signed up for the streaming service that wouldn't normally be Amazon Prime members.  Lots of people don't like to shop online, or don't do it enough for $100 a year membership to be worthwile, but $1.67 a month for streaming content might interest them a lot.

 

Heck, Amazon probably could charge quite a bit more for stand alone streaming only.  $30 a year is only $2.50 a month, still a great deal compared to Netflix and Hulu+.  $50 a year is just a little over $4 a month, still about half the price of the competitors.  Then they could offer a discount to members who get both.  Say streaming is $50 a year by itself, but for $100/year you get streaming and Prime shipping.

post #74 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkVader View Post
 

Forget it.

 

Since they started charging sales tax here, I wouldn't consider prime at $9 a year, let alone $99.

 

I only buy things that aren't eligible for prime from them now, since they don't charge sales tax on those.

You do realize that just about every state of the Union requires you personally to pay sales tax as part of your state tax return if that tax wasn't collected at the time of the sale?   It's called a 'use tax'.   You're just fooling yourself when using the 'no sales tax' model of shopping when making your purchase decisions.  Sure, you can choose not to claim your use tax on your tax return, and will probably get away with it - at least for now, but if you ever get audited, it will be the FIRST thing the tax auditor will look for.  Better have the last three years of your credit card statements on hand and enough money to cover the defaulted taxes due, interest charges and a penalty.  

 

The myth of tax free internet sales

http://www.ecommerce-blog.org/archives/the-myth-of-tax-free-internet-sales/

post #75 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetorrey View Post

You have no interest in the story so pass it up.   But instead, you decided to add to your 14,000+ posts in order to complain about it.

So what have you done here?

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #76 of 81
Beerstalker:

my thought exactly
others have given us ways around the increase and the credit card option is tasty
but they need ala cart pricing just as i wish cable did
pay for the services you use
funny how free shipping sites are targeting amazon
depends on how much heat customers AND businesses put on them

pretty soon "streaming movies" with be like toys in the cereal box
loss leader, that's why i wish hope, plan on apple doing it right

(as an aside a friend gave me a six pack of Yuengling black and tan , i've never had this i've only had the "fix" from a bar
the layered look--i gave him a minikeg of mississippi mud, its in a brown jug like moonshine-hasn't tried it yet)
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #77 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarfungo View Post

You do realize that just about every state of the Union requires you personally to pay sales tax as part of your state tax return if that tax wasn't collected at the time of the sale?   It's called a 'use tax'.   You're just fooling yourself when using the 'no sales tax' model of shopping when making your purchase decisions.  Sure, you can choose not to claim your use tax on your tax return, and will probably get away with it - at least for now, but if you ever get audited, it will be the FIRST thing the tax auditor will look for.  Better have the last three years of your credit card statements on hand and enough money to cover the defaulted taxes due, interest charges and a penalty.  

The myth of tax free internet sales



http://www.ecommerce-blog.org/archives/the-myth-of-tax-free-internet-sales/

While true, the state governments only focuses on businesses since they spend more money than individuals.
post #78 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarfungo View Post
 

You do realize that just about every state of the Union requires you personally to pay sales tax as part of your state tax return if that tax wasn't collected at the time of the sale?   It's called a 'use tax'.   You're just fooling yourself when using the 'no sales tax' model of shopping when making your purchase decisions.  Sure, you can choose not to claim your use tax on your tax return, and will probably get away with it - at least for now, but if you ever get audited, it will be the FIRST thing the tax auditor will look for.  Better have the last three years of your credit card statements on hand and enough money to cover the defaulted taxes due, interest charges and a penalty.  

 

The myth of tax free internet sales

http://www.ecommerce-blog.org/archives/the-myth-of-tax-free-internet-sales/


You do realize that no one in his right mind EVER pays that, because you will NEVER be audited on it, right?  Have you ever heard of anyone being audited on personal internet purchases?  Ever?  I'd be surprised if it's happened even once.

 

And in my state, there's nothing to audit.  The feds don't give a crap if I pay state sales tax.  There is no state income tax. 

 

So yes, if I buy something online from out of state, it is tax free.

post #79 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarfungo View Post

You do realize that just about every state of the Union requires you personally to pay sales tax as part of your state tax return if that tax wasn't collected at the time of the sale?   It's called a 'use tax'.   You're just fooling yourself when using the 'no sales tax' model of shopping when making your purchase decisions.  Sure, you can choose not to claim your use tax on your tax return, and will probably get away with it - at least for now, but if you ever get audited, it will be the FIRST thing the tax auditor will look for.  Better have the last three years of your credit card statements on hand and enough money to cover the defaulted taxes due, interest charges and a penalty.  

The myth of tax free internet sales



http://www.ecommerce-blog.org/archives/the-myth-of-tax-free-internet-sales/

Bingo. Gets me fired up. More Amazon manipulation. I live in SC, and they were looking at putting a distribution center here I think. But wanted to avoid collecting sales tax for a set amount of time. I think the state allowed this. I do get an email each January to claim, which I do
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

While true, the state governments only focuses on businesses since they spend more money than individuals.

Doesn't make it right.
post #80 of 81
Originally Posted by DarkVader View Post
You do realize that no one in his right mind EVER pays that, because you will NEVER be audited on it, right?  Have you ever heard of anyone being audited on personal internet purchases?  Ever?  I'd be surprised if it's happened even once.

 

[Insert comment about the measurable tyranny of the IRS here]

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply

Originally posted by Relic

...those little naked weirdos are going to get me investigated.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Amazon increases Prime membership fee to $99 per year