or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Toshiba's Bluetooth iPod (iPod not included)

Toshiba's Bluetooth iPod (iPod not included)

post #1 of 6
<a href="http://www.cw360.com/bin/bladerunner?REQSESS=wt32Z8Z5&2149REQEVENT=&CARTI=1 16586&CARTT=14&CCAT=1&CCHAN=2&CFLAV=1" target="_blank">Looks pretty good</a> to me, and talks all about how many MP3 / pictures it can hold.
meh
meh
post #2 of 6
Wouldn't it take forever to fill 5 GB via bluetooth?
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #3 of 6
[quote]Originally posted by New:
<strong>Wouldn't it take forever to fill 5 GB via bluetooth?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Oh my lawd, you'd be there for an aeon ... you wouldn't to do that. I think it's interesting for iApp reasons.
meh
meh
post #4 of 6
[quote]Originally posted by Harald:
<strong><a href="http://www.cw360.com/bin/bladerunner?REQSESS=wt32Z8Z5&2149REQEVENT=&CARTI=1 16586&CARTT=14&CCAT=1&CCHAN=2&CFLAV=1" target="_blank">Looks pretty good</a> to me, and talks all about how many MP3 / pictures it can hold.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Doesn't look good to me. It prompts me for a password... which I obviously don't have. Could you tell us about it?
post #5 of 6
Yes, it's not working any more. I'll try and find out why.

In short, it's a version of the 5GB iPod drive with a Bluetooth chip bunged in the package somewhere.

[ 10-14-2002: Message edited by: Harald ]</p>
meh
meh
post #6 of 6
Toshiba debuts Bluetooth hard drive for PDAs

Monday 14 October 2002
Toshiba has married its card-sized hard disk drive with Bluetooth wireless technology to come up with a portable storage device aimed at PDA (personal digital assistant) users who need large-capacity storage.

click here
The Hopbit, which will be unveiled at the World PC Expo in Tokyo next week, contains a 5Gbyte version of one of Toshiba's 1.8-inch hard disk drives and offers about 80 times the memory storage space offered by Toshiba:s Genio 550 PDA and 10 times the capacity of the largest memory card on the market.

It will hold around 1,000 average-length MP3 audio tracks, 3,000 digital images from a 3-megapixel camera or 37 hours of MPEG4 video encoded at 320 by 240 pixels and 15 frames per second.

A Bluetooth transceiver embedded in the Hopbit means it can be accessed from the PDA and also from other devices equipped with Bluetooth, such as desktop PCs. Bluetooth's device-linking function and proprietary software should ensure that data remains accessible only by approved users, said Toshiba.

The Hopbit B105H will go on sale in Japan from 1 November and will cost ¥50,000 (£263), making it an attractive option for PDA or mobile PC users that want extra storage space at a low cost.

A similar investment in SD (Secure Digital) memory cards would buy around 768kbytes of storage, or around one-seventh the space offered by the Hopbit.

The device measures 110mm by 70mm by 22mm and weighs 180 grams. A rechargeable lithium-ion battery should allow the Hopbit to run in standby for around 200 hours or in operation for six hours off a single charge.

Toshiba has no plans at present to put the Hopbit on sale overseas although the company will consider such sales should it be a success in Japan, said spokeswoman Midori Suzuki.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Toshiba's Bluetooth iPod (iPod not included)