or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Limitations of iApps

Limitations of iApps

post #1 of 5
Please explain to me how to export Address Book contacts as separate .vcf files instead of single file.

Also, how come, if I export an Address Book contact as a .vcf file, then import it into Entourage, I've lost all email addresses and mailing addresses? It works from Entourage to Address Book; why not the other way around?

In iCal, how do I export all of my calendars as vCal files without doing them all one at a time (and selecting the proper path in the dialog, entering the name, etc.)? There's got to be a way. Apple couldn't have made it this damn difficult!
post #2 of 5
Actually it is very simple...for your first one anyone...try dragging each contact to the finder one by one...
post #3 of 5
[quote]Originally posted by Jared:
<strong>Actually it is very simple...for your first one anyone...try dragging each contact to the finder one by one...</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's unacceptable. (not mad at you, but at the situation)

tonton, I'm with you. I've run into several frustrations lately with the iApps and I'm not sure if it's the Addressbook/iCal's fault or outlook, but I'm leaning towards the iApps being limited. :/
post #4 of 5
They are free, what do you expect. If you want more features pay 499 for Microsoft Office.
PC Free Since 1999

"Don't copy that floppy!"
PC Free Since 1999

"Don't copy that floppy!"
post #5 of 5
It does suck, but I think there are Applescripts available at Apple's site and at Versiontracker that can automate that laborious process. Check around.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Limitations of iApps