or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod/Entourage PDA software.

iPod/Entourage PDA software.

post #1 of 6
I'm looking for software advice--there are a lot of different iPod information managers available at VersionTracker, but I don't want to waste time with a process of elimination--what do people here use?

I need to sync my Contacts and Calendars from Entourage with the iPod, and it needs to be seemless--I don't want to have to do a lot of drag and dropping of vcards back and forth.

News and other features would be OK, but mainly I want something that just works.
post #2 of 6
If you want to sync ALL of your contacts it's quite easy:

Step 1: Open the contacts folder in your iPod.
Step 2: Cmd-A; Cmd-Del (Trash all of your contacts)
Step 3: Open your Entourage Address Book (make sure your iPod folder is visible).
Step 4: Cmd-A; Click and drag the lot to your iPod Folder.

Done. Not exactly one-touch, but not too bad for a Microsoft product.
post #3 of 6
Sigh. I know that. That doesn't help with the Calendar, it doesn't allow me to pick and choose categories of contacts. If that worked for me, I wouldn't need a 3rd party program.

But, thanks for being helpful.
post #4 of 6
With a combination of categories and views in Entourage, you can easily move just certain categories of contacts in the same manner.

I don't use the Entourage calendar, so I don't know about that, but unfortunately, Apple's iCal is NOT drag n' drop, and I refuse to use iSync until it goes 1.0.
post #5 of 6
Okay--I found some software. I am using iPod It, found on VT, which seems to do the job well.
post #6 of 6
Cool... I'll download it and give it a try.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPod/Entourage PDA software.