or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Karaoke in iTunes?

Karaoke in iTunes?

post #1 of 6
I've seen a filetype in the past that included karaoke lyrics in it, somehow timed to display along with the music. What ARE those things, and do you thing there's a way to play that kind of stuff in iTunes? I mean, when you're drunk you want to sing....right?

Right?
Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon @ drewprops.com
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
Oldest Member of AI (Jan 99) until JRC snaps to his senses and starts posting again. (the blackout borked my join date)
post #2 of 6
I *think* the QuickTime Player will display lyrics with songs. I haven't seen such a file in a long time, though.
post #3 of 6
[quote]Originally posted by drewprops:
<strong>I've seen a filetype in the past that included karaoke lyrics in it, somehow timed to display along with the music. What ARE those things, and do you thing there's a way to play that kind of stuff in iTunes? I mean, when you're drunk you want to sing....right?

Right?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Personally, I dun tink it make sense to have karaoke in itunes. You need the MTV to feel the kick. Looking at the itunes graphics dun really make me feel like singing.

Anyway, when I am drunk, I sleep or just utter nonsence. No singing though
iSurf, iSaw and iType
iSurf, iSaw and iType
post #4 of 6
This could kick ass at parties...
IBL!
IBL!
post #5 of 6
Yeah, that's what I'M talking about, the Karaoke feature would be KILLER at parties...I wish lyrics were built-into MP3's with timing cues and such. Oh well....
post #6 of 6
there used to be a plugin for soundjam that did this (or was it macast?) of course the lyrics werent timed so you had to space it out yourself... nontheless very cool... it wasnt all that hard to time out either.... i think i dod 2 songs... maybe when i go home i will dig up those old MP3s and boot into 9 to try it....
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Karaoke in iTunes?