or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iChat Rendezvous Windows Client?

iChat Rendezvous Windows Client?

post #1 of 5
Reading about iChat's Rendezvous 'mode', I would really love to be able to make use of this feature. Unfortunately, my iBook is the only computer in our home network *and* at our work network that runs Jaguar right now. Most others in the networks run Windows 2000. I wonder if anyone ever thought of creating a Windows Client for this? I suppose what's needed is a virtual network driver that will be accessible as an API (probably not quite easy to implement), and then a simple client (shouldn't be much work). Is something like this in the works?
post #2 of 5
It would be really nice to have windows need to work with macs instead of macs work with windows, but unless rendevous becomes a big hit (which it is good enough to) but won't because it is an apple technology and PC companies try their hardest to stifle this type of thing i think. Just what i think though

It would be really nice to have an easy way to hook up a windows computer to a network as easy as it is a mac
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #3 of 5
'Rendezvous' is Apple's implementation of the open 'ZeroConf' standard, so nothing can keep Microsoft from implementing it. The question is whether or not an independent organization can create such an implementation.
post #4 of 5
iChat uses the Jabber protocol, IIRC... there are many Jabber clients for PC.

Anyone want to try one? I don't have Jaguar so can't...

Amorya
post #5 of 5
The Jabber protocol? I really doubt that.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iChat Rendezvous Windows Client?