or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iTunes Visualization

iTunes Visualization

post #1 of 11
Is there a way to keep the apple on the screen while the visualization is turned on. Ya know the apple thats there for a little while then disappears. Also, is there a way to keep a certain visualization running over and over instead of changing? Sorry if this has been asked before but the search isn't working behind the proxy at work too well.
post #2 of 11
As far as I know you cannot customize the iTunes vis. If you want one that is similar and customizable, go to <a href="http://www.55ware.com" target="_blank">www.55ware.com</a> and get g-force. It blows iTunes vis away, and was created by the same guy.
post #3 of 11
First, press the ? key to see these choices:

pressing the b key will bring up the Apple logo, but it will disappear after a while.

To freeze the effects, press the m key to toggle between freezing the current config, using the user's presets (I'll get to that in a minute) or use a random sequence.

The 1-9 keys store the presets. to set one key to a certain combo, press the shist key and that number while it's playing.

To scroll through the wave forms, use the q and w keys. To scroll through the backgrounds, use the a and s keys. To scroll through the color schemes, use the z and x keys.
post #4 of 11
Thanks Buon. Thats helps out a bunch. Now I am really really enjoying iTunes.
post #5 of 11
Just seen something about itunes visuals on CNN for no reason at all the guy started showing off his powerbook G4 and the iTunes visuals just because he thought it was cool, and better then his old windows box. I laughed.
''i'm an extremist, i have to deal with my own extreme personality and i walk the fine line of wanting to die and wanting to be the ruler of all.''
''i'm an extremist, i have to deal with my own extreme personality and i walk the fine line of wanting to die and wanting to be the ruler of all.''
post #6 of 11
After a while the white Apple comes back for a few seconds. I wish there was a way to get rid of that.
post #7 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by iBrowse:
<strong>After a while the white Apple comes back for a few seconds. I wish there was a way to get rid of that.</strong><hr></blockquote>Actually, this bugs me too!

I just started hacking away at iTunes' resources and found a way to kill that blasted Apple. You'll need either ResEdit or Resorcerer. If you use ResEdit, you'll have to flip the resource and data forks before opening it and after saving it.

First, make a duplicate backup of iTunes before doing this. The following procedure worked for me but I cannot guarantee results on all computers. Control-click iTunes and choose Show Package Contents. Navigate to Contents/Resources/English.lproj (or your own language of choice). Open the Localized.rsrc in your resource editor and remove all of the PICT resources. That's right; delete them all. Save. Relaunch iTunes and enjoy the visualizer sans-Apple!

[ 11-25-2002: Message edited by: Brad ]</p>
post #8 of 11
Thank You Again! If you amaze me one more time today I'm going to start to get scared.

Now... Brad... Can you fix my car?
post #9 of 11
[quote]Originally posted by iBrowse:
<strong>Now... Brad... Can you fix my car?</strong><hr></blockquote>

There ain't a thing Brad can't fix.

*blushes in awe*
post #10 of 11
I hear Brad also fixes a mean sandwich.
post #11 of 11
and pie.....mmmmmmm pie
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye