or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Windows iPod usable on a Mac?

Windows iPod usable on a Mac?

post #1 of 5
I unfortunately use a PC at work (laptop) but its new and has an iLink (it a Fujitsu Siemens) and would hate to waste it. I also have an iBook 600Mhz at home.

So... can I use a PC formatted iPod on a Mac? That would be nice...
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
I'm having deja-vu and amnesia at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.
post #2 of 5
My Apple store sales rep say it is possible. In fact, he strongly suggest I buy the PC version.
iSurf, iSaw and iType
iSurf, iSaw and iType
post #3 of 5
You can use a PC iPod with the Mac.

You can also use a Mac iPod with a PC, if you get xPlay or EphPod.

You can also convert a PC iPod to Mac through Apple's iPod firmware installer for Mac.

And although Apple doesn't support it, you can also convert a Mac iPod to PC, though it's a bit tricky.

You should buy the PC iPod because it comes with the PC software -- which unlike iTunes is not downloadable -- as well as the 4-pin to 6-pin FireWire converter. You don't get these extras in the Mac iPod package, even though the price is the same.
post #4 of 5
[quote]Originally posted by tonton:
<strong>You can use a PC iPod with the Mac.

You can also use a Mac iPod with a PC, if you get xPlay or EphPod.

You can also convert a PC iPod to Mac through Apple's iPod firmware installer for Mac.

And although Apple doesn't support it, you can also convert a Mac iPod to PC, though it's a bit tricky.

You should buy the PC iPod because it comes with the PC software -- which unlike iTunes is not downloadable -- as well as the 4-pin to 6-pin FireWire converter. You don't get these extras in the Mac iPod package, even though the price is the same.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cool deal...

How is the best way to trade out of an older 10 gig iPod to get into a n new 20 gig?

E-Bay?

what is the best ideas as to trade up at minimal expense?

Thanks

FciB
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
May the peace of the Lord be with you always

Share your smile, Have respect for others, and be loving to all peoples

Paul in Athens: Acts 17 : 16-34
post #5 of 5
Check out my favorite iPod site, <a href="http://www.ipodlounge.com" target="_blank">iPodLounge</a>. You'll get lots of great info there.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Windows iPod usable on a Mac?