or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › How do I restore lost emails with Time Machine?

How do I restore lost emails with Time Machine?

post #1 of 3
I would like to know how I restore lost drafts that I had on my mail program 6.6 with Time Machine.

I forgot that when you restore the mail program (was buggy) it saves all your emails except for your drafts. So now I need to find all the drafts that were deleted with my Time Machine.

Where are the drafts store prior to when I have to delete my mail program because of bugs in it?

How do I find them once I launch Time Machine.  Can't recall where they are stored in my systems folder?

Thanks for any help regarding this.
post #2 of 3

You are supposed to launch Time Machine WITH Apple Mail open and active - then cycle through the dates to find your specific drafts/messages and choose "recover".

iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
iMac Intel 27" Core i7 3.4, 16GB RAM, 120GB SSD + 1TB HD + 4TB RAID 1+0, Nuforce Icon HDP, OS X 10.9.1; iPad Air 64GB; iPhone 5 32GB; iPod Classic; iPod Nano 4G; Apple TV 2.
post #3 of 3

Thank you very much it worked perfectly I appreciate it.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › How do I restore lost emails with Time Machine?