or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › anybody have an iRise/U.F.O??

anybody have an iRise/U.F.O??

post #1 of 5
thinking of getting one to have front access to download photos and movies....anybody use one with firewire downloads of movies?? thanks g

<a href="http://www.xtrememac.com/formac/ufo.shtml" target="_blank">linkage</a>
it's all fun till somebody loses an eye
post #2 of 5
That's COOL! :eek:

Once again, an idea I had (back last spring, no less) ends up being made in real life.

I thought about something JUST like this that would look nice with the iMac, but allow the ports to be placed in front for much easier access.

I had everything but the glowing blue light!

They cut the price. I don't know. I guess if you're a major iPod, digital camera, iMovie/camcorder, etc. user (and have the money to spare), why not?

It's not like it's ugly or uncool. And it actually improves upon what I consider to be a less-than-smart design on Apple's part.

I know WHY Apple did the "ports in back thing" (looks much nicer), but it sure is a pain in the butt!

Buy it!
post #3 of 5
yes, but how well does it work?? i just remember that usb hubs were not good for certain jobs (scanners and such) and i fear that downloading video may not be the best when used through a hub instead of directly connected to the computer....if video works well, i will jump on this puppy like....well like a puppy jumping on something.....g
post #4 of 5
im sure f/w will transfer DV as advertised... USB has problems because of the way it is designed to need CPU regulation of speeds, f/w was designed to not even need a computer at all...

besides if you have problems i'm sure you can return it, or you could just plug the camera directly into the computer bypassing the hub, but i doubt you will have problems
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
125/51041 (top .2449%)-Amie Street - awesome independent DRM-free music
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one...
post #5 of 5
These have not shipped as of yet, but we're eagerly awaiting them at my store. I think they'll do well.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › anybody have an iRise/U.F.O??