or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › What is Tropicana?

What is Tropicana?

post #1 of 10
I spotted this line in the product description of iLife in the Apple Store: "And the iTunes library can be instantly accessed from any Tropicana application."

What's Tropicana?

(And whatever happened to the Rendezvous functionality they demonstrated at MWNY2002?)
post #2 of 10
Was gonna say orange juice, until i read your post...
All Your PCs Are Belong To Trash
All Your PCs Are Belong To Trash
post #3 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by Osakans:
<strong>(And whatever happened to the Rendezvous functionality they demonstrated at MWNY2002?)</strong><hr></blockquote>
As Steve told onstage at MWNY, "Rendevous is slated for iTunes 4".
"There's no bigot like a religious bigot and there's no religion more fanatical than that espoused by Macintosh zealots." ~Martin Veitch, IT Week [31-01-2003]
"There's no bigot like a religious bigot and there's no religion more fanatical than that espoused by Macintosh zealots." ~Martin Veitch, IT Week [31-01-2003]
post #4 of 10
I think that's going to be another "suite" like iLife. Safari --&gt; Tropicana.
post #5 of 10
I wonder if "Tropicana" is the iLife project name, and the copy editor forgot to change it before publishing?
post #6 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch:
<strong>
As Steve told onstage at MWNY, "Rendevous is slated for iTunes 4".</strong><hr></blockquote>
Aww man.
art may imitate life, but life imitates tv.
art may imitate life, but life imitates tv.
post #7 of 10
Is it possible that Tropicana is a code-name for an Apple OS for consumer electronic devices?
When they said "Think Different", I ran with it.
When they said "Think Different", I ran with it.
post #8 of 10
rumor is that jobs was just thirsty and he drinks oranges since he is in california...imported from florida though
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
0 People Found This Reply Helpful
post #9 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by T'hain Esh Kelch:
<strong>
As Steve told onstage at MWNY, "Rendevous is slated for iTunes 4".</strong><hr></blockquote>

No, he said in an iTunes update - he never mentioned a version number.
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
JLL

95% percent of the boat is owned by Microsoft, but the 5% Apple controls happens to be the rudder!
post #10 of 10
[quote]Originally posted by scottiB:
<strong>I wonder if "Tropicana" is the iLife project name, and the copy editor forgot to change it before publishing?</strong><hr></blockquote>

It looks like it. The text is now:

"And the iTunes library can be instantly accessed from any iLife application."
JLL

JLL

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › What is Tropicana?