or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPhoto 2... How many keywords?

iPhoto 2... How many keywords?

post #1 of 6
I *loved* the keywords feature in iPhoto 1... but found it too limiting after a while. Call me obsessive compulsive, but 16 keywords is just too few. Does iPhoto 2 have, if not unlimited keywords, at least some reasonable number? Like 256?
My brain is hung like a HORSE!
post #2 of 6
I seem to remember SJ saying that there are unlimited keywords, but I can't say for 100% sure. I guess we'll all find out in about a week and a half.
post #3 of 6
Unlimited. Check out Think Secret's preview.
post #4 of 6
Saw that, but couldn't tell from the screenshot of the Keywords panel if it was unlimited or not.
post #5 of 6
As a tangent, it's nice to see the Arrange By> feature in iPhoto 2's View menu as well. That's what a lot of people like about the Adobe Photo album software that just came out on Windows.

Their report conflicts with some anecdotal tales that iPhoto 2 isn't any quicker than version 1. I guess we'll find out...
post #6 of 6
>Call me obsessive compulsive, but 16 keywords is just too few.

Actually if you go to any of the Stock Photography agencies, you can use over a hundred keywords. Sometimes strings of 10 or more to describe photos, not to mention dates,and EXIF information.

When iPhoto first came out the limitation of keywords was one of the first things I mentioned to Apple. And a few other things I will wait to see if they have implemented...
Original B&W G3 640M 20G Trackball Coolpix990 CDBurner Epson870 Snapscan1236 (Powerbook12" in six months)
Original B&W G3 640M 20G Trackball Coolpix990 CDBurner Epson870 Snapscan1236 (Powerbook12" in six months)
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › iPhoto 2... How many keywords?