or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › With Android Wear, Google fires first shot in hardware war against Apple
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

With Android Wear, Google fires first shot in hardware war against Apple - Page 3

post #81 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLite View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I don't see any particular reason to duplicate the function of the manufacturer provided key fob.
One less thing to carry around?

That's why I would want it.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #82 of 138
Originally Posted by psitthipo View Post
But I'm sure millions of consumers will want it, even though it might not be in the immediate future, but eventually.

 

“I’m sure they’ll want it eventually.”

 

Ladies and gentlemen, the mantra of the Unusably Big iPhone Brigade!

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #83 of 138
Nice mock ups but in reality you have to engineer that sh**!
That ain't so easy.
post #84 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccherry View Post

Nice mock ups but in reality you have to engineer that sh**!
That ain't so easy.

Many of you fail to realize that this pretty much already real and in existenxe. This is the Google Now (on Android and iOS via Google Search app) stream on your wrist, and the UI is quite similar to Google Glass' UI. This isn't all that hard to realize given what's already present. If you used the SDK, you can already see how real and close to finished this thing is. Outside of that, it's also good for app notifications and this will work with any app that utilizes the advanced notifications system in Android 4.3 and up. Out of the box for my Nexus 5, this thing will work seamlessly without me having to do anything, or have the app devs update their app. KILLER.

 

The other KILLER is Google Now. Apple simply doesn't have a service that can compete with that right now, and it won't happen over night. Google's been developing and enhancing that for several years now. Apple's really great at hardware, but Google's really, really great at software and services. Google Now, overall, blows Siri out of the water. In addition, one has to wonder how the notifications would work for an iOS device. I would assume this coming from Google, they want to appeal to both platforms. WP and any other platforms are just SOL.

 

People were constantly asking "why do I need a tablet?" when iPad and other tabs came out. After getting a chance to use these, people will have that question answered. For me, it's the perfect companion device, and I need that Moto 360 on release day. I hope the price is a bit high to eliminate any additional hurdles for me.

post #85 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpacino View Post

Many of you fail to realize that this pretty much already real and in existenxe. This is the Google Now (on Android and iOS via Google Search app) stream on your wrist, and the UI is quite similar to Google Glass' UI. This isn't all that hard to realize given what's already present. If you used the SDK, you can already see how real and close to finished this thing is. Outside of that, it's also good for app notifications and this will work with any app that utilizes the advanced notifications system in Android 4.3 and up. Out of the box for my Nexus 5, this thing will work seamlessly without me having to do anything, or have the app devs update their app. KILLER.

The other KILLER is Google Now. Apple simply doesn't have a service that can compete with that right now, and it won't happen over night. Google's been developing and enhancing that for several years now. Apple's really great at hardware, but Google's really, really great at software and services. Google Now, overall, blows Siri out of the water. In addition, one has to wonder how the notifications would work for an iOS device. I would assume this coming from Google, they want to appeal to both platforms. WP and any other platforms are just SOL.

People were constantly asking "why do I need a tablet?" when iPad and other tabs came out. After getting a chance to use these, people will have that question answered. For me, it's the perfect companion device, and I need that Moto 360 on release day. I hope the price is a bit high to eliminate any additional hurdles for me.

A UI does not equate to a finished HW product with performance and battery life at reasonable levels. If it was "pretty much already real and in existence" then there would have been no need for these CGU mockups, a lack of any technical specs, or a date that tentatively states Summer.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #86 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

So whatever happened to Google Buzz, Google Wave, or Google TV? That's right, nobody wanted them and Google had to shut down the projects.

The market for a $200 "smart watch" that requires a smartphone to function is very very small.

400,000 Pebbles sold. From a small company starting on Kickstarter, that's pretty impressive.

post #87 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


A UI does not equate to a finished HW product with performance and battery life at reasonable levels. If it was "pretty much already real and in existence" then there would have been no need for these CGU mockups, a lack of any technical specs, or a date that tentatively states Summer.

 

Google seems to do Photoshops and CGI on ads and prints for REAL products. They did a bad PS of a Nexus 7 ad last year, lead everyone to assume a Nexus 8 was coming, and the rumor hasn't died down since... Look at any iPhone ad. Had a note that the screens are simulated as well.

 

In addition to hardware, Moto has some goo precedents with their recent devices. They've done some real engineering for the battery life on the Moto X with that X8 chip. X4 or something for the watches? Who knows? Said to have an OLED screen (w/ sapphire glass), so that'll be awesome for battery life as well.

 

Funny, people question if a circular display could even exist!!! Yes. Moto did it back in 2008 -- Moto Aura.

post #88 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpacino View Post

Said to have an OLED screen (w/ sapphire glass), so that'll be awesome for battery life as well.

1) Again, there is no proof of any technology being used as there were no tech specs laid out.

2) Claiming a rumour of one component is good for battery life in no way allows you make a determination of the battery life of a whole device.

3) Just wait for the device to finally be announced, demoed and tested before making sweeping claims about how awesome some vapourware will be as you're starting to sound like a shill.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #89 of 138

How

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


1) Again, there is no proof of any technology being used as there were no tech specs laid out.

2) Claiming a rumour of one component is good for battery life in no way allows you make a determination of the battery life of a whole device.

3) Just wait for the device to finally be announced, demoed and tested before making sweeping claims about how awesome some vapourware will be as you're starting to sound like a shill.

 

It's not my issue that you don't have access to said info, but what should I expect from an Apple crowd about it's competitiors. Get your sources up. I use Google Now every day. I know EXACTLY how it'll work. I have the Wear's main homescreen apk running as my launcher on my Nexus 5 right this instant as I mess around. Gonna love quick access to music controls on my wrist. This whole thing seems like something I've used before though, but can't quite put my finger on it...

 

Talk to this "shill" in June.

post #90 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpacino View Post

Talk to this "shill" in June.

Summer starts on Saturday, June 21st and you expect Motorola's tenative statement of Summer to be within the first 10 days? 1oyvey.gif

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #91 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Summer starts on Saturday, June 21st and you expect Motorola's tenative statement of Summer to be within the first 10 days? 1oyvey.gif

And how exactly did you come to the conclusion that I was alluding to a Moto 360 release date anywhere in my comment...?

post #92 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Summer starts on Saturday, June 21st and you expect Motorola's tenative statement of Summer to be within the first 10 days? 1oyvey.gif

I'd make an guess that the "G-watch" will launch at least a few weeks, perhaps a month or more, before Motorola's 360. That's typically the way Google' introduces a new OS version, and the expectation is that it happens in the next 12 weeks or so before the end of June.
Edited by Gatorguy - 3/24/14 at 9:19am
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #93 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

I'd make an guess that the "G-watch" will launch at least a few weeks, perhaps a month or more, before Motorola's 360. That's typically the way Google' introduces a new OS version.

1) Is that at the official name?

2) What does it look like?

3) What are the specs?

4) Where can I see an actual device since we're only talking 9 to 13 weeks to meet ddpacino's time table.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #94 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

1) Is that at the official name?

2) What does it look like?

3) What are the specs?

4) Where can I see an actual device since we're only talking 9 to 13 weeks to meet ddpacino's time table.

Neither Google nor it's build partners normally reveal much about their Nexus-type devices ahead of time do they, anymore than Apple does. The only thing LG has officially said is they are working directly with Google on it and the G Watch will be rectangular rather than round.
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lg-g-watch-powered-by-android-wear-being-developed-in-close-collaboration-with-google-250806981.html

But if you want rumors it will be aggressively priced and therefor using a polycarb casing unlike the 360's much higher-end offering.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #95 of 138
Wearable tech holds little interest for me. Especially if it costs me $300 to do something that I can already do on my phone. $300 just to keep my phone in my pocket doesn't excite me.

Now....if something like Daniel Saurez's books, Daemon and freedom? yeah. I'd buy that.

It comes down to this. google has yet to make real money on anything other than ads. Even mobile is just another data collection vector. Everything they do is focused for user data mining. I have no doubt it will be a great money maker in capturing data and turning that into ads. Otherwise they will be relying on others to make it something users want....
post #96 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

But if you want rumors it will be aggressively priced and therefor using a polycarb casing unlike the 360's much higher-end offering.

That's not a rumour. That's how Google historically prices their HW products.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #97 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

That's not a rumour. That's how Google historically prices their HW products.

Yup, pretty much. Thy don't make 'em to be huge commercial successes but instead to introduce a new OS or OS version. They don't try to outshine or outsell their hardware partners with those Nexus-style devices.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #98 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9 View Post

Wearable tech holds little interest for me. Especially if it costs me $300 to do something that I can already do on my phone. $300 just to keep my phone in my pocket doesn't excite me.

Now....if something like Daniel Saurez's books, Daemon and freedom? yeah. I'd buy that.

It comes down to this. google has yet to make real money on anything other than ads. Even mobile is just another data collection vector. Everything they do is focused for user data mining. I have no doubt it will be a great money maker in capturing data and turning that into ads. Otherwise they will be relying on others to make it something users want....

 

They have a close to $1B/yr Google Apps business. It's not just all ads.

 

Figuring out what you can do in this space and finding what people want with smart wearables is why they launched the Glass Explorer program. Get this crazy tech in the hands of regular and geeks, and see what you can gauge. The biggest controversial issue was with the omnipresent camera on it, so strip that out and slap the same tech on the wrist.

 

I feel that this (smart wearables, not just watches) will alter the way we use our computers, smartphones and tablets going forward. It's that next step into the future of mobile. Shrinking large desktop rigs down to laptops altered the way we used computers. The smartphone enabled and altered things we couldn't do with those bigger machines. The same goes for Tablets, but because of larger screens, they could do a little more than the phones could, too.  The trend will continue here. It will get even more complex once Google starts doing new things with Nest in the Home.

post #99 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpacino View Post

Figuring out what you can do in this space and finding what people want with smart wearables is why they launched the Glass Explorer program. Get this crazy tech in the hands of regular and geeks, and see what you can gauge.

Translation: Throw shit at the wall to see what sticks while still getting to say, "FIRST!!1!"
Quote:
The biggest controversial issue was with the omnipresent camera on it, so strip that out and slap the same tech on the wrist.

Gee, it was impossible for anyone to predict that would be issue¡
Edited by SolipsismX - 3/24/14 at 10:52am

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #100 of 138

Who wears watch nowadays? Smart watch is a failure just like 3-D TV. I wouldn't want to stare at 1 sq-in screen for information. It's a joke.

post #101 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleaknik View Post

Honest question here... What's the market's desire for an iWatch? I saw Google's announcement, but I have no desire to have one myself--be it Apple or Android.

Do you want a wearable? If so... why?

I see no reason for a wearable.  I don't wear anything now and haven't for years.  I certainly will not be a customer in this space.  Now, provide a TV solution and we're talkin'.

post #102 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Who wears watch nowadays? Smart watch is a failure just like 3-D TV. I wouldn't want to stare at 1 sq-in screen for information. It's a joke.

1) The watch business is very lucrative. Over $60 billion in 2013.

2) I agree that the "smartwatch" as noted by Samsung, Sony and Pebble's attempts are a market failure, but a wrist-worn electronic device is highly likely to succeed and the wearable electronics market is going to be the next big push in technology and will last a very long time.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #103 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post
 

 

“I’m sure they’ll want it eventually.”

 

Ladies and gentlemen, the mantra of the Unusably Big iPhone Brigade!

I agree.  Isn't the "Unusably Big iPhone" just a tablet and why wouldn't one just get a tablet?  I have yet to see anyone actually on a call in the wild holding up a tablet sized "phone" to their ear.

post #104 of 138
This is all hype! They can match Apple on hardware, bring in all the former Apple talent they want and even release a great product, but everyone will always wonder what will Apple do? This will be a crippling problem for Google and its efforts. Just as Google rules search, Apple rules hardware. If Apple does nothing, Google's product will see a so-so response (NFC comes to mind). If Apple releases a great product, Google's product will be overshadowed and left behind. In any case, Apple is in control!
Once outside the Apple culture, ex Apple employees just seem incapable of recreating the magic.
post #105 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Translation: Throw shit at the wall to see what sticks while still trying to say, "FIRST!!1!"
Gee, it was impossible for anyone to predict that would be issue¡

 

You think they have working, driverless car tech just to claim first...? This is something that's 5-10 years before it's time. Not perfected yet, but it already works amazingly.

post #106 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpacino View Post

You think they have working, driverless car tech just to claim first...? This is something that's 5-10 years before it's time. Not perfected yet, but it already works amazingly.

1) You think we'll have driverless cars on the road in 5 to 10 years? When you're done using your jetpack up on cloud 9 perhaps we can talk.

2) It works amazingly? If so, then where are the stress tests for this technology?

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #107 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Translation: Throw shit at the wall to see what sticks while still getting to say, "FIRST!!1!"
Gee, it was impossible for anyone to predict that would be issue¡

Having a camera on a small easily concealed device was an issue for mobile phones when they first became available. Over time we've figured out what's acceptable and what's not, where they might be useful and where it's not such a good idea. I don't see a whole lotta complaints about them anymore. The same issues will be recycled and proper etiquette figured out when Glass or similar devices become mainstream too.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #108 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Having a camera on a small easily concealed device was an issue for mobile phones when they first became available. Over time we've figured out what's acceptable and what's not, where they might be useful and where it's not such a good idea. I don't see a whole lotta complaints about them anymore. The same issues will be recycled and proper etiquette figured out when Glass or similar devices become mainstream too.

If you hold your phone's camera up and pretend to be taking video of everyone around you it's a problem. Since that hasn't changed having a camera on a piece of headgear was always going to be an issue.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #109 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


1) You think we'll have driverless cars on the road in 5 to 10 years? When you're done using your jetpack up on cloud 9 perhaps we can talk.

2) It works amazingly? If so, then where are the stress tests for this technology?

 

I am sure you know how to Google like the rest of us. 4 states have passed legislation to allow driverless cars on their roads.

post #110 of 138
Originally Posted by sambira View Post
I agree.  Isn't the "Unusably Big iPhone" just a tablet and why wouldn't one just get a tablet?  I have yet to see anyone actually on a call in the wild holding up a tablet sized "phone" to their ear.

 

His face captures the moment, though.

 

Originally Posted by ddpacino View Post

I am sure you know how to Google like the rest of us.

 

The rest of us Bing or DDG. Or, my preference, “search engine”.

 
4 states have passed legislation to allow driverless cars on their roads.

 

Neat update. It was 2 the last time I’d checked.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone exists], it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #111 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpacino View Post

I am sure you know how to Google like the rest of us.

Then impress me. Where are the lengthy, systematic, and exhaustive government tests that will conclude shortly to allow for regulations to be placed for the sale and use of personal and commercial driverless vehicles within 5 to 10 years.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #112 of 138

Lol, figured that, and purposefully removed that bit, but I still haven't found one as robust and reliable as Google's. I understand the tinfoil crew with their privacy issues, but I give Google enough information to be useful to me. That's the best way to get the awesome predictions from Google Now. I still find that the killer feature for Android Wear that no one can match today.

 

Oh, Texas proposed legislation that would make it the 5th. Progress.


Edited by ddpacino - 3/24/14 at 11:18am
post #113 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Then impress me. Where are the lengthy, systematic, and exhaustive government tests that will conclude shortly to allow for regulations to be placed for the sale and use of personal and commercial driverless vehicles within 5 to 10 years.

 

I'm not here to impress you.  

post #114 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpacino View Post

I'm not here to impress you.  

Then look at it as successfully arguing your case.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #115 of 138
[quote name="ddpacino" url="/t/170231/with-android-wear-google-fires-first-shot-in-hardware-war-against-apple/80#post_2499121"
Oh, Texas proposed legislation that would make it the 5th. Progress.
[/quote]

There are already 5: Michigan, California, Nevada, Florida and Washington, D.C.,
Texas would be the 6th if not even later in the pecking order. There's seven other states considering similar testing of autonomous cars.
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
melior diabolus quem scies
Reply
post #116 of 138
Has anyone noticed that the younger generations are not wearing watches? Outside of the groups of tech-geeks that would have been the first to own calculator watches in my generation, who are going to wear these things? Weekend athletes? I'm just wondering who the market is going to be.
post #117 of 138
iWatch has a lot of evidence to back it. Screen looks to bright, battery killer. Style... looks like something my grandpa, wouldn't wear. And style over hardware? Apples had there not so big upgrades but they'd never do that. Google is going down, now days I search things like S4 running iOS and shows up as S4 vs iPhone 5. WTF I didn't ask for that.
post #118 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactoid View Post

Has anyone noticed that the younger generations are not wearing watches? Outside of the groups of tech-geeks that would have been the first to own calculator watches in my generation, who are going to wear these things? Weekend athletes? I'm just wondering who the market is going to be.

 

While I understand this point, I still see there being a big difference in a finely crafted timepiece that does nothing but show time versus a gadget that can do so much more than that. That's like saying I don't wear a watch, why would I want a Fuelband or a Fitbit Force (because it's a band that goes around my wrist, like a watch?). They do a lot more than tell you the time.

 

I believe anyone that likes gadgets will be interested in the smartwatch arena. Now, if they follow through on that curiosity and actually purchase something will be up to the hardware options available and their capabilities. I'm seriously interested in traditional watchmakers like Fossil, or even Rolex, exploring this space. The 360 doesn't appear to have major fitness trackers, and that may be a deal breaker for many. That' s fine by me because I already own a Flex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


Then look at it as successfully arguing your case.

I honestly don't how how I was "arguing" a case regarding autonomous cars. I came here to discuss watches...

post #119 of 138
Quote:

Originally Posted by ddpacino View Post
 

It's not my issue that you don't have access to said info, but what should I expect from an Apple crowd about it's competitiors. Get your sources up. I use Google Now every day. I know EXACTLY how it'll work. I have the Wear's main homescreen apk running as my launcher on my Nexus 5 right this instant as I mess around. Gonna love quick access to music controls on my wrist. This whole thing seems like something I've used before though, but can't quite put my finger on it...

 

Talk to this "shill" in June.

I totally agree that the concept is great. Now tell me, what is the maximum amount you would pay and the minimum amount of battery life you'd accept for you to buy this thing. Then we can talk in June.  

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply

"You can't fall off the floor"   From 128k Mac to 8GB MBP

Reply
post #120 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by waybacmac View Post
 

I totally agree that the concept is great. Now tell me, what is the maximum amount you would pay and the minimum amount of battery life you'd accept for you to buy this thing. Then we can talk in June.  

 

Willing to go up to $399 as an impulse buy on day 1. Higher than that, then I really need to see multiple reviews and hands-on before consideration. I think they'll hit the $250-299 mark though; g watch $99-199. 

 

Battery - Honestly, not sure. Many factors go into that but I trust Moto's prowess displayed in their Moto devices, and they've repeatedly hinted that they're going to use tech from their past devices (Moto X/G, Droids, Aura, ACTV), and I would assume that includes display, processor, and battery advancements. I think they'll squeeze out 2-3 days of juice. My absolute minimum for any wearable would be lasting 7am to 11pm, but nightly charging still isn't ideal.

 

Still wishing Phone OEMs would, instead of making phones thinner, squashed the components, keep the same chassis and just provide a bigger battery the next yr. It would be even better if it's a bigger size along with some technological enhancements. Mobile phones should be lasting 3-4 days on a single charge by now.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › With Android Wear, Google fires first shot in hardware war against Apple