or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What has changed with every one since AI has been down?

What has changed with every one since AI has been down?

post #1 of 81
Me? well I have got a lot better at Photoshop and have started a iCon page. I also got a new QucikSilver G4 (733 and 15" LCD) and a New iBook!!

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Michaelm8000 ]</p>
post #2 of 81
I've got a new girlfriend and been diagnosed with Hypertension.

But not in that order.
post #3 of 81
I got a new iceBook, and I'm now a freshman in high school.
"Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Think Different
"Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do." - Think Different
post #4 of 81
Well, I don't know if you guys remember, but 2 days before AI went down I got a DVD icebook with 384MB RAM. I moved out of NYC to Rockland County and I'm now a High School Freshman.
post #5 of 81
i am in college now.
post #6 of 81
Let's see, I went to Macworld, was at the front of the line with applenut, moved from Massachusetts to New Hampshire, and had my PowerBook G3 (Pismo) repaired again. I know there was other stuff, by I can't remember right now.
post #7 of 81
Let's see, umm, my girlfriend went off to college, I got a PC (I'm still a Mac user though ), I learned more of web development (and I'm damn good, might I add ), I went OS X, I got another girlfriend, and now I'm a junior; I also got interested in small business. Right now we're moving to renovate one of our other properties and then we're gonna start a B&B.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: bradbower ]</p>
art may imitate life, but life imitates tv.
art may imitate life, but life imitates tv.
post #8 of 81
I went to MWNY as well, and talked to some Canadian Mac users, and got reshuffled in the great line move when the dummies let everyone go as a free for all through the MIDDLE doors. Sucks some guys in the front of the line (like applenut, but he got back to the front) got reshuffled to the back.

Oh well I still got good seats though.
*Registered March 1, 1999*
Member #14
Member #14
post #9 of 81
Got an iBook, went to Macworld, went to NECC (Met Steve Jobs!) , Woodfield store opened, started 8th grade, made a MacAquarium, went to a PC camp (boo!), got a new dog and cat, my dad got a new car, and my mom got in an accident. A lot happens in 6 months.
post #10 of 81
I got a new job, going from WebObjects to Cocoa development.

And I got a TiBook.

However, in order to maintain cosmic balance. The gods had UPS DESTROY my PowerMac G4 and PowerTower Pro.

Never, ever, ship UPS ground. Ever. Not even pillows.
post #11 of 81
Oh and I got a year older too. I am now 14.

Jeez I first came to AI when I was 11. Long time.
Member #14
Member #14
post #12 of 81
Lets see, I got a new iBook, i went to an apple store opening, i'm now a senior in HS, I made honor role for the second time since freshman year (!), I got a new (used) car, I got a raise at work, I cliped my toe nails, I figured out the meaning of life but forgot to write it down, i tried pineapple and ham pizza for the first time, oh and i downloaded iTunes 2 and didnt get my hard drive erased!

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Dogcow ]</p>
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school." -- Albert Einstein
post #13 of 81
Oh yeah. I went to the opening of the Apple Store in Peabody, MA and got a new 500 MHz snow iMac!
post #14 of 81
Oh, I went to the Tysons Apple Store opening (25 in line!!)

I was twelve when I first came to AI. What about the rest of you?
post #15 of 81
I was 11. w00t.

Oh yeah and I also visited Ars Technica and took Latin for the second year. A frightful combination.
Member #14
Member #14
post #16 of 81
I forgot to mention that I finally got a Cable modem and I was at the Tice's Corner Apple Store (unfortunately, not the Grand Opening, but 3 days after it opened). And I'm also excited that an Apple Store is going to be coming to Palisades Center which is less than 10 min away from me!!
post #17 of 81
[quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:
<strong>I was 11. w00t.

Oh yeah and I also visited Ars Technica and took Latin for the second year. A frightful combination.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You were there?
post #18 of 81
I grew a beard, shaved it, and grew it back... damn AI was down a long time!
post #19 of 81
[quote]Originally posted by starfleetX:
<strong>I grew a beard, shaved it, and grew it back... damn AI was down a long time! </strong><hr></blockquote>

haha sounds like you have been very bissy!!
post #20 of 81
[quote]Originally posted by Dogcow:
<strong>oh and i downloaded iTunes 2 and didnt get my hard drive erased!

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Dogcow ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thank god - neither did I! I have 2 HDs with a total of 3 partitions - 2 of them are all documents! That reminds me, I should probably back them up one of these days...
post #21 of 81
[quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000:
<strong>bissy!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Michael - please email me (btober at mac.com)! I NEED to teach you how to spell!
post #22 of 81
I took up electric bass, abused drugs, thought of dropping out, etc.
We're investigating reports of indecent acts being committed at the YMCA.
post #23 of 81
No, no Fork. They were asking what has changed. Not what has stayed the same.
post #24 of 81
I got a new iBook 500, got married and there is a baby Mac Guru (Laurin Paige Meister) due in January. Can't Wait!!

Mac Guru
"The young people of America need be taught that the only pride they may properly hold is in the content of their character, and the achievements they make. There is no legitimate pride or moral...
"The young people of America need be taught that the only pride they may properly hold is in the content of their character, and the achievements they make. There is no legitimate pride or moral...
post #25 of 81
Congratulations Mac Guru!
post #26 of 81
I slapped a G4/450 ZIF in my old beige G3 MT. A new system will find its way to my house any time now.

--JBytes [finally got my name back!!]
post #27 of 81
I continued to be the man.

- Pook
In a fast German car I'm amazed that I survived. An airbag saved my life. - Radiohead
In a fast German car I'm amazed that I survived. An airbag saved my life. - Radiohead
post #28 of 81
[quote]I was twelve when I first came to AI. What about the rest of you?<hr></blockquote>

I was a month away from my 13th birthday when I first registered at AI. I had been lurking for a little while before that.
post #29 of 81
MichaelM,

I know one thing you didn't do: learn to spell.
post #30 of 81
[quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:
<strong>I went to MWNY as well, and talked to some Canadian Mac users, and got reshuffled in the great line move when the dummies let everyone go as a free for all through the MIDDLE doors. Sucks some guys in the front of the line (like applenut, but he got back to the front) got reshuffled to the back.

Oh well I still got good seats though.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That was crazy. They can't ever get it right. Maybe they'll be more prepare next year...
post #31 of 81
[quote]Originally posted by PookJP:
<strong>MichaelM,

I know one thing you didn't do: learn to spell. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Hey! How did you know?
post #32 of 81
[quote]No, no Fork. They were asking what has changed. Not what has stayed the same.<hr></blockquote>

Two out of three suits me just fine.
post #33 of 81
Let's see: Did a great deal of application design work, wrestling with Forte, and trying desperately to keep us from becoming a C++ shop. Unfortunately, it looks like we will. At least that Godforsaken train wreck of a language will look good on my resume.

I got a girlfriend. W00t.

I started reading books in earnest again. I'm currently going through W. V. Quine's Philosophy of Logic and Wayne Koestenbaum's Cleavage (for the gf).

Helped get my band kicked up into a higher gear, and started practicing like a fiend again to meet to the demands of the songs.

Became the last unmarried person in my band. Turned 33. Ugh.

Junked my Cube for a real computer: A Dell Inspiron! Yeah, now this is the way it should be! Win2K is so much smoother than OS X!

Discovered <a href="http://www.keenspot.com" target="_blank">Keenspot</a> and <a href="http://www.keenspace.com" target="_blank">Keenspace</a>.

Beta tested Canvas 8.

(n.b.: One of the above is not true.)
"...within intervention's distance of the embassy." - CvB

Original music:
The Mayflies - Black earth Americana. Now on iTMS!
Becca Sutlive - Iowa Fried Rock 'n Roll - now on iTMS!

Original music:
post #34 of 81
I bought a DVD model iBook 500.
I made a fool out of myself (but that's nothing new ).
I can't remember anything else I did that's worth posting.
post #35 of 81
[quote]Originally posted by Amorph:
<strong>(n.b.: One of the above is not true.)</strong><hr></blockquote>

It's quite obvious which one is a complete lie.

[quote]Junked my Cube for a real computer: A Dell Inspiron!<hr></blockquote>

The above could not possibly be true of Amorph.

Escher
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
"The only laptop computer that's useful is the one you have with you."
Until we get a 3 lbs sub-PowerBook, the 12-inch PowerBook will do.
post #36 of 81
Graduated from college.
Got my first real job.
Moved to San Diego.
Turned 22.
Got a new girlfriend.
post #37 of 81
Escher wrote:

[quote][Getting a Dell Inspiron] could not possibly be true of Amorph.<hr></blockquote>

Damn, it was that easy? I thought for sure the line about getting a GF would be something of a distraction.

Original music:

Original music:
post #38 of 81
i had several severe identity crises, created an entirely new identity to destroy all the others fighting over control of me, have been left almost completely unrecognizable, and registered at the new AI forums.
"."
"."
post #39 of 81
Got a new 40 gig FireWire hard drive. Helped my dad do some framing for a rec room. Made my annual pilgrimage to see the Red Sox at Fenway. (They won that day.) Visited a friend in Kennebunk. (I'd never been there before. What a pretty place.) Went to NYC twice - the second time was to see the Mies van der Rohe exhibit that was at MOMA and the Whitney. It was on the sunday of Labor Day weekend and New York never looked so glorious to me as it did that day... And then there was what came next.
shooby doo, shooby doo
shooby doo, shooby doo
post #40 of 81
1) "Broke up" with Andrea

2) Supposingly to have 5 job opportunities but later all got f*cked up

3) The airline/travel company (Canada 3000) that I used to work for three years ago went bankrupted and my site was hosted using their server. I am forced to move to other server and pay for the service
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
Mac Pro 2.66, 5GB RAM, 250+120 HD, 23" Cinema Display
MacBook 1.83GHz, 2GB RAM
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What has changed with every one since AI has been down?