or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Education Mix and Match Pricing Scam!! WTF?

Education Mix and Match Pricing Scam!! WTF?

post #1 of 5
Get this. I just checked Apple's site and found the following:

If I was to purchase a Dual 800mhz G4 with a 17" Display WITHOUT my education discount I would pay $3499 plus $999 for the dispay plus $99 for an airport card. That brings us to 4597 plus tax for the machine I configured. Take this minus the $500 monitor promotion and that leaves us with $4097 plus tax.

But, If I use my ed discount, they change the monitor promotion to only $300!!!!!!!

That means I would pay:

Tower: $3289
Monitor: $959
Card: $ 93
Discount(-)$300

plus tax

that brings us to $4041. Do you mean to tell me that I can only save $56 with my education discount? Screw that!!!

I can buy the thing in Delaware or order it online for no sales tax and probably do better than that.

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</p>
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 5
I could get the education discount (my dad's a teacher) but almost any time I would pick a place with no tax instead of Apple because the Education Discount with tax and everything really isn't that great.
post #3 of 5
Two words: Developer Discounts :cool:
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
That's the problem with changing the past. You never get to say "I told you so".
post #4 of 5
No one else finds this FUBAR?
post #5 of 5
[quote]Originally posted by Trekkie:
<strong>Two words: Developer Discounts :cool: </strong><hr></blockquote>

yea, see my problem. select members get it when they renew. I did not know that so when my membership expired and I waited a few weeks to sign up again I didn't realize that I would lose my ability to get a hardware discount
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Education Mix and Match Pricing Scam!! WTF?