or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Philly Mac store via PetitionOnline.com...ALL READ PLEASE

Philly Mac store via PetitionOnline.com...ALL READ PLEASE

post #1 of 33
Here it is. Please help out even if you are not in the area. Thanks and good to be back!

<a href="http://www.PetitionOnline.com/PHMAC/petition.html" target="_blank">http://www.PetitionOnline.com/PHMAC/petition.html</a>

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: SDW2001 ]</p>
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 33
Jeez, two signatures? Come on people! Even if you don't live in the area SIGN IT PLEASE!

(I'm going to email this link to some Mac friends...)
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
post #3 of 33
Do you really think it's gunna do anything?
post #4 of 33
wow. that is dumb. a Philly store is of course coming. why waste your time for something that is definite
post #5 of 33
Yeah. That's like making a petition for the G5. It's just going to be a waiting game.
post #6 of 33
[quote]Originally posted by applenut:
<strong>wow. that is dumb. a Philly store is of course coming. why waste your time for something that is definite</strong><hr></blockquote>

Your how old now, 16?
post #7 of 33
Really, the petition is a bad idea. Drop it.
post #8 of 33
[quote]Originally posted by SDW2001:
<strong>

Your how old now, 16?</strong><hr></blockquote>

and that means....??
post #9 of 33
quick everyone please sign my petition to guarantee that i'll win the lotto!
They're coming to take me away, ha-haa!!! To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time...
They're coming to take me away, ha-haa!!! To the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time...
post #10 of 33
<strong>

Your how old now, 16?</strong><hr></blockquote>

What does his age have to do with anything?
post #11 of 33
Well I'll tell you what it has to do with:

I don't really think that just because someone is young that they shouldn't have an opinion or shouldn't be listened to, after all, I'm only 26.

But, when Applenut starts making comments like he did above, well, quite frankly who the F**k is he to say that it is a "dumb" idea. Try actually reading the petition and you will see that it says "if such a store is already planned then we ask for its opening to be expedited".

I was just trying to do something positive. And guess what......at 16 Applenut seems to think he knows a whole lot.
post #12 of 33
[quote]But, when Applenut starts making comments like he did above, well, quite frankly who the F**k is he to say that it is a "dumb" idea. Try actually reading the petition and you will see that it says "if such a store is already planned then we ask for its opening to be expedited".<hr></blockquote>

He has a right to his own opinion.

[quote] I was just trying to do something positive. And guess what......at 16 Applenut seems to think he knows a whole lot. <hr></blockquote>

Anyone at any age can think that when it isn't true, so I still don't what him being 16 have to do with it.

[ 11-18-2001: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
post #13 of 33
[quote]
I was just trying to do something positive. And guess what......at 16 Applenut seems to think he knows a whole lot. <hr></blockquote>

4 out of the 5 people who responded in this thread agreed with me. so obviously a lot of people seem to "think they know a whole lot" more than you

[quote]
But, when Applenut starts making comments like he did above, well, quite frankly who the F**k is he to say that it is a "dumb" idea. Try actually reading the petition and you will see that it says "if such a store is already planned then we ask for its opening to be expedited". <hr></blockquote>

I read your petition. It's dumb. Apple doesn't need to tell you what their business plans are. there is no doubt they are going to open a Philly store. they just aren't ready t announce it. perhaps they don't have a specfic location yet. there are better things to waste your time on then petitioning Apple so that they announce that a Philly store will open.

Thanks EmAn for the backup.
post #14 of 33
aren't there some <a href="http://www.compusa.com/locations/ne_map.asp?type=" target="_blank">compUSA's</a> near Philly? it would be a lot easier to convince compUSA to get some mac reps in their existing stores (the compUSA near me already has one) than to go off and badger Apple...
post #15 of 33
[quote]Originally posted by grand illusion:
<strong>aren't there some <a href="http://www.compusa.com/locations/ne_map.asp?type=" target="_blank">compUSA's</a> near Philly? it would be a lot easier to convince compUSA to get some mac reps in their existing stores (the compUSA near me already has one) than to go off and badger Apple...</strong><hr></blockquote>

There is an Apple Store opening in the Palisades Center mall in West Nyack, NY (from Apple's job posting page) and it's going to be on the 1st floor. The 3rd floor has a CompUSA. So I don't think they are a factor in the location of stores.
Be quiet, Brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip
post #16 of 33
You know what applenut? You started this whole thing by calling it "dumb". And, if you need others to agree with you so you feel justified in your opinions, then so be it.

If you don't like, don't sign it.
post #17 of 33
[quote]Originally posted by Willoughby:
<strong>

There is an Apple Store opening in the Palisades Center mall in West Nyack, NY (from Apple's job posting page) and it's going to be on the 1st floor. The 3rd floor has a CompUSA. So I don't think they are a factor in the location of stores.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Actually, the CompUSA is on the 2nd floor, almost right above it and also on that floor is a Circuit City with iMacs and iBooks.

I also couldn't be happier about that Apple Store since I live 10 minutes away from the mall.
post #18 of 33
<strong>You know what applenut? You started this whole thing by calling it "dumb". And, if you need others to agree with you so you feel justified in your opinions, then so be it.

If you don't like, don't sign it.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I think that you started this by making comments about what he had said and referring to his age which has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I think as we've learned in the past, applenut does not need others to agree with him at all.
post #19 of 33
[quote]Originally posted by EmAn:
<strong>

Actually, the CompUSA is on the 2nd floor, almost right above it and also on that floor is a Circuit City with iMacs and iBooks.

I also couldn't be happier about that Apple Store since I live 10 minutes away from the mall.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Mea Culpa. I don't know why I thought it was on the 3rd floor. Its right around the corner from the burger joint where they dance around your table, right? hah

I live about 25 minutes from the Mall yet I'm there just about every weekend. My first stop is always the CompUSA to check out the Macs. I can't wait till the Apple Store opens. There's a hole in the black cardboard covering the outside of the store, so you can look in and see the progress. It looks like something smashed into it. I hope they don't fix it, I like to spy on the construction
post #20 of 33
<strong>
I live about 25 minutes from the Mall yet I'm there just about every weekend. My first stop is always the CompUSA to check out the Macs. I can't wait till the Apple Store opens. There's a hole in the black cardboard covering the outside of the store, so you can look in and see the progress. It looks like something smashed into it. I hope they don't fix it, I like to spy on the construction
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow, I thought I was the only one at Palisades who made their first stop CompUSA to go to the Mac section. I was in CompUSA Friday night for a while before I went anywhere else. I also love looking into the Apple Store to see the progress. I think I went to the mall on Wednesday to get a haircut and almost the whole thing was open and it looked like the progress really is coming along good. I hope it opens up sometime soon.

By the way Willoughby , what do you think of the iBook in CompUSA that has almost no keys left and everything under the keyboard is broken and taped up.

[ 11-19-2001: Message edited by: EmAn ]</p>
post #21 of 33
I could probably name 100 cities that should get an Apple store before philly, but won't because Apple doesn't have it's international retail plans in order yet. Gee, why doesn't someone start a petition for, ohhh I don't know... London? Paris? Tokyo?

Philly?? Naahhhh!!
post #22 of 33
[quote]Originally posted by wormboy:
<strong>I could probably name 100 cities that should get an Apple store before philly, but won't because Apple doesn't have it's international retail plans in order yet. Gee, why doesn't someone start a petition for, ohhh I don't know... London? Paris? Tokyo?

Philly?? Naahhhh!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Christ, talk about a waste of bandwidth. really, I saw the post. read the petition and signed the damned thing.

I live in Philadelphia and we do have very good Apple resellers with great service. So, I wouldn't mind if they opened a store in yuppie-suburbia King of Prussia...at least it'll directly focus themselves from the crappy CompUSA store which provides nothing to Apple except their machines being locked-up, with desktops that have 50 "New Folders" on them and no sales people to convince a customer to buy one or much less fix them on a regular basis.

London? Jeez, your Tower Records store has 15 iMacs with email services on them...try to find that here in the states...don't cry, you'll get one soon...start your own goddamn petition...
post #23 of 33
[QB]
By the way Willoughby , what do you think of the iBook in CompUSA that has almost no keys left and everything under the keyboard is broken and taped up.
QB]<hr></blockquote>

Honestly, I can't even look at it. I usually play with the Powerbook because its in pretty decent shape (even though its only a 400mhz model). I was there on Saturday and I thought there'd be a slim chance they'd have an iPod. They remodeled the place a little and added that section of PDA's and Mp3 players....it still sucks. But if you go to the Palisades Mall then you're probably not too far from White Plains.
The White Plains CompUSA on Tarrytown Road has THE BEST Mac section I've ever seen in a CompUSA store and I've been to a bunch of them.

Freehold, NJ
Moorestown, NJ
Paramus, NJ (I think its paramus, its across from some big mall...HAH..isn't that all of NJ?)
West Nyack, NY

Ok so thats only 5. But out of 5, 4 are horrible and 1 is spectacular. They even have a beautiful 22 inch Cinema Display and all the machines are running perfectly. Oh and best of all...no missing keys on any 'books!
post #24 of 33
<strong>

The White Plains CompUSA on Tarrytown Road has THE BEST Mac section I've ever seen in a CompUSA store and I've been to a bunch of them.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

the San Francisco one is beautiful. it's amazing. never been to it but I've seen photos.

tarrytown is alright. The one in Queens on queens buelavard is suprisingly good. Although they recently remodoled and therefore are a bit screwed up
post #25 of 33
Artman @_@, I think you misunderstood the tone of my post. I could not care less whether London gets an Apple store. I don't live there, or any other city mentioned in my post. I was merely saying that the petition rings of a childish self-centeredness. There are lots of places that "deserve" Apple stores the way Philly "deserves" an Apple store. And despite all that, Philly will probably get one first.

I guess I should have expected that the Philly dwellers would get all irrational and red-faced.

Petition: "open an Apple store in Philly, please".

Apple: "We were planing to"

Petition: "Oh. Well open it faster please"

Apple: "we have spent a great deal of time and money researching our retail strategy. We have a carefully set plan to roll out our stores in key locations, at well-defined intervals. We have researched traffic and buying habits all across the US to identify prime target locations for up-scale spending and customer throughput. Why should we abandon this careful and well-thought out plan?"

Petition: "Uh... Because both of us want you too?"

And your wrong about London and the UK if you were implying great Mac presence there. It is very poor compared to most US cities, although the retail channel is not bad.
post #26 of 33
Ok, Ok. truce. sorry about the age thing. I just was offended about applenut calling it "dumb" . Let us move on.....
post #27 of 33
[quote]he one in Queens on queens buelavard is suprisingly good. <hr></blockquote>

Yeah, I was surprised how good that one is compared to Garden City and West Nyack.

[quote]Honestly, I can't even look at it. I usually play with the Powerbook because its in pretty decent shape (even though its only a 400mhz model). I was there on Saturday and I thought there'd be a slim chance they'd have an iPod.<hr></blockquote>

In the mean time if you wanna see an iPod why don't you go to the Tice's Corner Apple Store?
post #28 of 33
[quote]Paramus, NJ (I think its paramus, its across from some big mall...HAH..isn't that all of NJ?)<hr></blockquote>

I guess you're talking about the one across from Garden State Plaza. I think that's the best CompUSA I've been to. Definately a good Mac section.
post #29 of 33
<strong>Ok, Ok. truce. sorry about the age thing. I just was offended about applenut calling it "dumb" . Let us move on.....</strong><hr></blockquote>

Good idea.
post #30 of 33
<strong>

In the mean time if you wanna see an iPod why don't you go to the Tice's Corner Apple Store?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I had plans to go to the opening of that store actually but then they delayed it a week and I was out of town. I haven't had a chance to head down there yet and now that Christmas is coming around I'll probably be at Palisades even more. Isn't Tice's more upscale? Sort of like the Westchester Mall in White Plains? Where there's Gucci and Versacci stores and I could never afford to buy xmas gifts there? heh
post #31 of 33
Actually from what I saw the one time I was at Tice's there's not much open yet. I think once more things open it'll be a more upscale mall like Westchester, but as of now it isn't.
post #32 of 33
[quote]Originally posted by applenut:
<strong>the San Francisco one is beautiful. it's amazing. never been to it but I've seen photos.</strong><hr></blockquote>Hmm, I've been to that one (if it's the same one in San Fran), and it's just OK. Lots of great ads on the sides of the store showing to the outside, but inside there's just some Macs on tables. Nothing spectacular.
post #33 of 33
[quote]Originally posted by BRussell:
<strong>Hmm, I've been to that one (if it's the same one in San Fran), and it's just OK. Lots of great ads on the sides of the store showing to the outside, but inside there's just some Macs on tables. Nothing spectacular.</strong><hr></blockquote>

must not be the same one. The one I am thinking of was featured on Apple's website once I believe. I think it was a specially made Apple section to try out new things. I think it's the one closest to the convention center
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Philly Mac store via PetitionOnline.com...ALL READ PLEASE