or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple once again rumored to launch MacBook Air with Retina display this year
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple once again rumored to launch MacBook Air with Retina display this year - Page 2

post #41 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalutulak View Post

I bought the 2013 haswell because I don't think that they can make a MacBook Air with retina display without sacrificing significant battery life.

Apparently you haven't keep up with what Sharp was doing with IGZO. The only thing that would keep retina out of an Air would be cost right now. Even better is if the screen is combined with a Broadwell processor, they system could gain all around.
post #42 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

If you're doing things on an A8 processor you might as well be using iOS.
Why would you say that. Arm is a perfectly good applications processor for the needs of many. Not perfect mind you but no processor is.
Quote:
I'm not saying that the A8 isn't capable, but if you're depending on using something with an A8 or A7 processor in it, you might as well just be using an iPad. 
Except if the software you are using needs a keyboard, mouse or interfacing to hardware.
Quote:
There really isn't much the MBA can do that an iPad Retina can't. These 2 will not be merged, one will simply go away as its no longer needed and the MBA should be the first to go, replaced by the 12" MBP Retina and iPad Retina. 
post #43 of 57
DigiTimes?! Now I'm sure that Apple will not launch MacBook Air with Retina display this year!
post #44 of 57

I love the idea of a lighter and thinner Macbook Air but I find it hard to survive without a cat5 cable. I know it's all about WiFi but WiFi isn't realiable everywhere and being able to directly connect is a nice thing to have.

post #45 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Hart View Post
 

I love the idea of a lighter and thinner Macbook Air but I find it hard to survive without a cat5 cable. I know it's all about WiFi but WiFi isn't realiable everywhere and being able to directly connect is a nice thing to have.

 

post #46 of 57
I figure if apple were to release 12 inch IPad apple would eliminate the 11 inch air and according to this go from 13 to 12 inch. I also figure either next year or this year will be apples final push for retina, being MBA, IMac, and the thunderbolt. Of course this new retina MacBook Air would likely have same battery setup, dropping it back to 7-10 hours. Question is would they keep other specs and have it $1200 or maybe drop them back to maintain $1000 price.
post #47 of 57
"I wish my ipod was a phone. ... Yeah, but I don't want an iphone." (The Office)
There is very little size difference between the MBPr & an MBA for me the care about. I say do away with the Air line and just concentrate on the Pro. With the way thumb drives r working to get sleek enough to barely notice, I'm cool with just sticking them in for what I'm doing in order to increase storage.
post #48 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Three words for you: full of crap.

Four green bottles for me: standing on the wall.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #49 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

I wish the Air met my performance needs. Sad to say it does not.

What I need right now is the Mac mini to see an update.

Is the Mac Pro not powerful enough for you?
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #50 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

I figure if apple were to release 12 inch IPad apple would eliminate the 11 inch air and according to this go from 13 to 12 inch. I also figure either next year or this year will be apples final push for retina, being MBA, IMac, and the thunderbolt. Of course this new retina MacBook Air would likely have same battery setup, dropping it back to 7-10 hours. Question is would they keep other specs and have it $1200 or maybe drop them back to maintain $1000 price.

Apple should release a 12" iPad and eliminate the MacBook Airs and the MacBook Pro 13", leaving just the 15" for those—the truck drivers—who need it.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #51 of 57
Oh,come on,apple!

Shut up and take my money.
post #52 of 57

They will you sucker!

post #53 of 57

This machine sounds really exciting. It sounds as if it'll be a bit like a larger iPad with a keyboard. If it has built-in LTE connectivity, then it will be even better. Could be perfect travel companion for people who need to send longish emails, review documents and watch movies when on the move. I wonder if it might have a touch screen as well as a keyboard and track pad?

post #54 of 57
So, would you still buy it if they used an A8 processor (instead of Intel)?
post #55 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailpipe View Post

This machine sounds really exciting. It sounds as if it'll be a bit like a larger iPad with a keyboard. If it has built-in LTE connectivity, then it will be even better.
LTE would be nice in a light weight laptop. One of the things I love about my iPad is its always connected nature with the LTE option.
Quote:
Could be perfect travel companion for people who need to send longish emails, review documents and watch movies when on the move. I wonder if it might have a touch screen as well as a keyboard and track pad?

Any laptop, that is a clam shell like device, without a keyboard and track pad wouldn't be very useful would it?
post #56 of 57

Macbook Air + Retina, the perfect laptop for 99% of the population :D

post #57 of 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazolight View Post

Macbook Air + Retina, the perfect laptop for 99% of the population 1biggrin.gif

Especially if they can address the storage shortage issue. My old MBP is on its last legs. I know people often wonder what that phrase means but in my case it means a bad keyboard, an old hard drive and a video screen going bad. I'm just glad that the old Mac, along with Mavericks, can so easily drive an external screen.

The obvious thing is that I will need a new machine of some sort soon. An AIR might just be the ticket.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Apple once again rumored to launch MacBook Air with Retina display this year