or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › New $8-per-month 'NYT Now' subscription will debut first on Apple's iPhone

New $8-per-month 'NYT Now' subscription will debut first on Apple's iPhone - Page 2

post #41 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by macaholic_1948 View Post

It amazes me that newspapers and similar content providers think they can charge nearly the same or a higher price for electronic editions than print editions. Even when they add a few (meaning minimal) content additions, they expect the public to see that as justification for the premium.

They don't want the public to think about how expensive paper, printing and delivery really is or what a large proportion of the total cost printing really is. And, for many, the quality of electronic publishing is a bit lower because it often does not get quality copy editing.

However, in counterpoint, if the electronic editions result in decreased ad revenue, that could justify the price increase. But, perhaps, they need to look at cost and revenue profiles more closely.

For as long as newspapers want to keep a print edition as well as digital, they're going to struggle.
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
post #42 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez Whitey View Post

Holy crap same price as Netflix, Hulu Plus, & almost Amazon Prime. News is like air should be free

Yeah, and the people who write, edit and produce the news should do it for free, right?

post #43 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

The same NewYork Times that spews FUD about Apple monthly?

F-them. 

Not just Apple; the definition of newspapers is FUD.
- African proverb
- African proverb
post #44 of 46
The gently IQ-enabled folks at NYT are mistaken if they believe that people will knowingly pay dollars a month for a crippled version, or way too much money for a full version.

For the former, they would resent BOTH paying and having information withheld.

Wait and see.
post #45 of 46
I pay eight dollars a month for my Netflix, why would I want the New York Times.
post #46 of 46

Last thing I wanna do is read all of the Apple is doomed articles from NYT on my iOS device!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • New $8-per-month 'NYT Now' subscription will debut first on Apple's iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › New $8-per-month 'NYT Now' subscription will debut first on Apple's iPhone