or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What's the best mac magazine out there?

What's the best mac magazine out there? - Page 2

post #41 of 46
MacUser UK - It comes out ever two weeks, has great reviews, well written articles, up to date news and very good "how to do XYZ" articles (such as - how to write a stock market spreadsheet in Appleworks with Applescript that will update prices each time you connect to the web).

I buy it about half the time (money issues). I also won a competition they ran in May. I got a LaCie Electron 22 Blue, a LaCie external FireWire CDRW and a PocketDrive. For that reason I also love them!!

Basically a very good magazine.

When I used to live in New York (about 18 months ago) I never read the Mac magazines much. They seemed quite juvenile. Instead I got my news online from:
macnn, maccentral, pbsource, pbzone, macspeedzone, macreviewzone, The excellent Charles Moore (at MacOpinion, Applelinks and LowEndMac), etc.....

I went to MacWorld Expo in New York in July 2000. I went to MacWorld Expo in London last month. Both times I went with the same mate and both times we had great fun. Apple really did run a great show in London this past month, so did Adobe!

Hewligan
post #42 of 46
I like macaddict the best, but would it kill them to have the mag come out in the middle of the month with news from the begining? They used to have awsome how-to articals & fun stuff (Dave & Ian). The latest was pretty skimpy. I want more then 5+ pages on games.
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
"Its a good thing theres no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
post #43 of 46
re: macaddict

i think macaddict's writing and experience level took a severe hit when they lost david and ian (hell, ian practically WROTE a couple of issues, as did David).

Just my two cents...
When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

When you're lovers in a dangerous time,
You're made to feel as if your love's a crime.
Nothing worth having comes without some kind of fight.
Gotta kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight.

post #44 of 46
I'm really behind the times. MacAddict has lost David and Ian now, too? David Reynolds was the last of the original staff and Ian Sammis was one of the only new writers that actually knew lots of stuff about Macs.

MacAddict is dead for me now.
I'm not going anywhere.
I'm not going anywhere.
post #45 of 46

Maclife :)

post #46 of 46

Oh, hi, 2001. I remember you. Back when I actually got magazines. 

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.

Originally Posted by asdasd

This is Appleinsider. It's all there for you but we can't do it for you.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What's the best mac magazine out there?