or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple acquires DIY firm iFixit

Apple acquires DIY firm iFixit

post #1 of 4
Do-it-yourself repair company iFixit, which has in the past been hard on Apple's repair policies, on Tuesday announced it has been purchased by Apple for an undisclosed amount.

iFixit

As seen above, iFixit is currently in the process of transferring assets to Apple. The firm's website directs users to AppleCare and other Apple branded repair solutions.

"Everyone has a number", admitted Kyle Wiens, iFixit's CEO. "I didn't think there was a reasonable number that would make me say, 'You know I was going to change the world with repair documentation but here's a number.'" In the end, Apple gave us a number that we couldn't refuse.

Developing
post #2 of 4
Edit: Nope. It's an April Fools joke. Disregard.
Edited by SpamSandwich - 4/1/14 at 6:10am

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #3 of 4
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post
Edit: Nope. It's an April Fools joke. Disregard.

YOU almost got me with the snippet of your former post on the New Posts page. :lol: 

Seems AI thought it was legit, too. Every Day is Rumor Day to them, I guess.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.

Originally Posted by Marvin

The only thing more insecure than Android’s OS is its userbase.
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

YOU almost got me with the snippet of your former post on the New Posts page. lol.gif  

Seems AI thought it was legit, too. Every Day is Rumor Day to them, I guess.

"Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?" —Obi-Wan Kenobi

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Apple acquires DIY firm iFixit