or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Consumer interest in Apple's 'iPhone 6' at record levels, as new sketches show rumored big-screen design
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Consumer interest in Apple's 'iPhone 6' at record levels, as new sketches show rumored big-screen... - Page 3

post #81 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post
 

I remember the days when a 3.5 inch screen was the perfect size and anything larger was doomed to fail. It was the perfect size to fit in anyones pocket, if you wanted something bigger then buy an iPad and shut up. If Apple always does everything right and everyone else always does everything wrong then why is Apple following others when it comes to screen size? What changed?

 

Did our pocket's become larger? I hope if Apple decides to build a 6" iPhone they buy a company that sells man purses. Put the phone in an otterbox or life proof case you could use is as a floatation device. Sorry have to call bullshit on Apple building a phone larger than the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. 


I have a Note 3, and it fits my jean pockets fine. It does take up the whole pocket, and at work (construction), I have to turn my phone a certain way in my pocket as to not put it in a bind when I'm in certain positions or wearing a harness, but it's no big deal.

 

Honestly, if Apple comes out with just a 5" phone, they'd make a lot of new customers. It doesn't have to be 6". It just has to be bigger than the dinky one they have. Once you go bigger, you'll ask yourself how you ever dealt with that small of a screen. I could never go back to my iPhone, just because of the screen size limitations. Now, if they launch a bigger iPhone, I'll take a hard look at it.

post #82 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post
 

 

Wrong. Motorola has never really had a large handset. Their flagship, the Moto X, is almost as small as the iPhone 5s. It bombed... Motorola bled so much red ink, Google had to get rid of them.

 

Even when the larger phones were introduced, handset makers made other phones that had ordinary screen sizes. HTC One last year even only sported 4.7" screen. That's relatively small in the Android world. Yet, who's outselling? Yep, the bigger Galaxy and Galaxy Note lines from Samsung.

 

There has even long been cries in this forum for a larger iPhone. I was one of them!

 

Don't forget about the HTC One Mini at 4.3" which, apparently, is going to be updated in May.

 

Though still not outselling the larger phones, to the best of my knowledge.

na na na na na...
Reply
na na na na na...
Reply
post #83 of 123
Good for Apple. Listen to the market and give people what they want.

I'm one of those tasteless, classless people that likes phones with big screens. I even have a large SAMSUNG device *gasp* to compliment my iPhone 5.

I think it is silly to worry about what you look like when holding a large phone to your ear during a phone call. Talk about vanity. I can understand the arguments from weight and one-handed usage though.

I didn't upgrade to the 5s because I hoped iPhone 6 would deliver a big screen. Looks like it will :-)
post #84 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

Gold watches are a lot more than 2 or 3 thousand dollars. A lot more. Like maybe ten or twenty times more.

And nobody makes 24K gold watches. The pure metal is too soft and prone to cosmetic damage which is why it is alloyed down to 18K or 14K for strength, durability, and cost.

Luxury watches typically start in the $3-5K range for more common stainless steel models. The watchband material is a fairly nominal upgrade.

Going from a metal band to a leather band isn't going to save you thousands and thousands of dollars; that's not the thinking of someone who buys a luxury watch anyhow. You buy the one with the leather band because you like how it looks. In the long run (i.e., if you own the watch 30+ years and wear it regularly), you might actually spend more on replacement leather bands than if you had purchased a similar model with a metal band.

I think they would only do a high end luxary version if it was a Jon Ive special for a charity auction.

I would love them to do a 5.6 inch phablet with up to 128 GB storage, 4 x times the number of pixels from the current phone with corresponding increase in pixel density, a 41 megapixel camera like on Nokia 1020, big speakers better than the HTC One, and the ability to multitask two apps on screen at the same time. Also make it a world LTE phone. I would happily pay $250 above current iPhone prices.
post #85 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhoneFiver View Post

Good for Apple. Listen to the market and give people what they want.

 

Do people really want a bigger screen?

 

Or do they want to simplify their subscription plan to just one device?

I believe the innovation is not a bigger screen but a simplified subscription model with the carriers: Have one subscription fee that gives you access to various sized screens. E.g. the iPhone, iPad mini, iPad Air … your subscription fee shouldn't be tied to one device. Instead it should be determined by the data you use across your various devices?

This would be a far more elegant (and versatile) solution than having one 5.5" iPhone 6 with a hefty subscription plan (as you got it cheap).

By the by, if Henri Ford would have listened to the people he would have ended up with selling horses instead of building cars …

post #86 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Do people really want a bigger screen?

Or do they want to simplify their subscription plan to just one device?

I believe the innovation is not a bigger screen but a simplified subscription model with the carriers: Have one subscription fee that gives you access to various sized screens. E.g. the iPhone, iPad mini, iPad Air … your subscription fee shouldn't be tied to one device. Instead it should be determined by the data you use across your various devices?

This would be a far more elegant (and versatile) solution than having one 5.5" iPhone 6 with a hefty subscription plan (as you got it cheap).

By the by, if Henri Ford would have listened to the people he would have ended up with selling horses instead of building cars …

Speaking of Ford... imagine if the only car Ford sold was the sub-compact Ford Fiesta? How would their sales be? Or their earnings?

Good thing Ford sells a wide range of vehicles.... from small to large.

I never understood Apple's insistence on a single size for their smartphone. Apple's other product lines offer multiple sizes:

2 sizes of iPads
2 sizes of iMacs
3 sizes of laptops (used to be 4 sizes!)
post #87 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

I never understood Apple's insistence on a single size for their smartphone. 

 

The iPhone already has two screen sizes:

 

3.5" and 4"

It is a mystery why Apple would suddenly add two more screen sizes to the iPhone range at once?

4.7" and 5.5"

Will this device still be called an "iPhone"? Or is it the new iPod?

post #88 of 123
Originally Posted by mr O View Post

It is a mystery why Apple would suddenly add two more screen sizes to the iPhone range at once?

 

Yes, given that the existence of two sizes has nothing whatsoever to do with the introduction thereof.

 
Will this device still be called an "iPhone"? Or is it the new iPod?

 

I like the idea of a larger iPod touch that isn’t the iPhone at all. I didn’t buy this same rumor last year, though, and I don’t buy it now.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #89 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

Speaking of Ford... imagine if the only car Ford sold was the sub-compact Ford Fiesta? How would their sales be? Or their earnings?

Good thing Ford sells a wide range of vehicles.... from small to large.

I never understood Apple's insistence on a single size for their smartphone. Apple's other product lines offer multiple sizes:

2 sizes of iPads
2 sizes of iMacs
3 sizes of laptops (used to be 4 sizes!)

Ford just sells cars. Apple sells Macs, iPods, iPads, iPhones.

But I believe Apple will sell a <5" iPhone and the 4" one.
post #90 of 123

Count me in as one who would be 100% into buying a larger iPhone.  I'm a die hard Apple fan, I own iPods, 2 iPhone 5's, iPad Air and rMBP 15".  I love their ecosystem and quality and performance of their products, but I think it's time they offer their customers an option.  They should absolutely keep the 4" size, but a 5" size phone would be awesome.  I've checked out the GS5, and crappy OS and cheap plastic aside, the screen is amazing. 1080p, super bright and the colors are truly amazing.  It's the only thing going for that phone, but it's quite a bit given the screen is what you stare at all day.  Apple needs to catch up with that display tech.  I think if they do they will gain a huge market share of the larger size phone market.

post #91 of 123
Originally Posted by rattlhed View Post
I'm a die hard Apple fan, I own iPods, 2 iPhone 5's, iPad Air and rMBP 15".  I love their ecosystem and quality and performance of their products, but

 

For the love of humanity. Stop.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #92 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlhed View Post

Count me in as one who would be 100% into buying a larger iPhone.  I'm a die hard Apple fan, I own iPods, 2 iPhone 5's, iPad Air and rMBP 15".  I love their ecosystem and quality and performance of their products, but I think it's time they offer their customers an option.  They should absolutely keep the 4" size, but a 5" size phone would be awesome.  I've checked out the GS5, and crappy OS and cheap plastic aside, the screen is amazing. 1080p, super bright and the colors are truly amazing.  It's the only thing going for that phone, but it's quite a bit given the screen is what you stare at all day.  Apple needs to catch up with that display tech.  I think if they do they will gain a huge market share of the larger size phone market.

Samsung definitely improved the display of the Galaxy S5 over the Galaxy S4 but it's still not a great display. You probably like it because it's larger and/or because of the higher color saturation. I'd like a larger display (not a larger phone) but I'll take color accuracy any day over something that artificially pops on screen.

Here is AnandTech's review of the Galaxy S5's display.

As you can see if doesn't best the iPhone 5S or 5C in any test. There are some HTC One's that do best the iPhone in some tests but they aren't the same HTC One models which means the best display for a smartphone is still the iPhone. On top of that, the iPhone and HTC Ones also use RGB-RGB sub-pixels (on an IPS LCD) whilst Samsung still uses RG-BG PenTIle (AMOLED) which means they will never get an accurate display. PenTile is a clever implementation but it's not accurate since each pixel is only made up of two sub-pixels and you need two corresponding pixels to represent red, green, and blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

For the love of humanity. Stop.

I thought his post was going to go into an "Apple sucks" post, too, but he went into wanting a larger display option. Even though it was a cringe-worhty beginning I think his post was fine. It's like if someone said, "I'm not racist, but…" and then followed it up with. "…but I know a lot of racist people and it really bothers me that anyone can think that way."
Edited by SolipsismX - 4/12/14 at 2:56pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #93 of 123
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post
It's like if someone said, "I'm not racist, but…" and then followed it up with. "…but I know a lot of racist people and it really bothers me that anyone can think that way."

 

Why would you do that, though? :lol: You don’t need the preceding clause! 

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #94 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Why would you do that, though? lol.gif  You don’t need the preceding clause! 

'We' wouldn't do that but the statement makes sense and is inline with rattlhed's sentence formation.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #95 of 123
Stop what? Because I'm a huge apple fan I can't wish for product improvements or want them to go in another direction? Apple isn't my first born child. I love them but it's not unconditional. If someone comes out with a better product then I'll give it some serious consideration. So far nobody has, but I definitely keep an eye on the technology that's out there to see what other options there are.
post #96 of 123
I wish these banned usernames wouldn't show up when I use the new @mention feature in Huddler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlhed View Post

Stop what? Because I'm a huge apple fan I can't wish for product improvements or want them to go in another direction? Apple isn't my first born child. I love them but it's not unconditional. If someone comes out with a better product then I'll give it some serious consideration. So far nobody has, but I definitely keep an eye on the technology that's out there to see what other options there are.

Almost always, when someone starts off a comments stating all the Apple products they own followed by a "but" what follows next is usually a trollish comment. In this case I don't believe you were doing that at all, but I do agree with @Tallest Skil that making such a statement in no way helps an argument. There is nothing wrong with simply stating that you don't like something by Apple or a direction they are taking and if you word in a constructive way there is no need to first defend your comment with an unprovable list of your Apple gear. Again, I in no way think you were trolling and I think TS would agree with that after rereading your comment.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #97 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post

2 sizes of iPads
2 sizes of iMacs
3 sizes of laptops (used to be 4 sizes!)

Aren't there, no, weren't there like 5 million options for the Mac Pro?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post



Heh, Tallest Phil. I like that.
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
post #98 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

i like the idea of a larger iPod touch that isn’t the iPhone at all.

Who's to say that 5.5" display isn't for the next smart watch from Samsung? Or ¿; take your pick.
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
Reply
post #99 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by patpatpat View Post


If you want a phone that you can easily slip in/out of pocket, buy a dumb candy bar phone. For more productive use a larger screen is a must for me.

Be disciplined, save some money and buy an iPad.

Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
post #100 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Scrip View Post


Exactly. The thumb is not the best method of input.

I will use my phone with one hand, and one thumb, only when I have to. A quick text, making a phone call, etc.

But when I want to do anything extensive with my iPhone... I prefer two hands.

I will hold my phone with one hand and use my other hand and much more accurate index finger for control.

Plus... I use some apps with two and three-finger taps and other gestures. You can't do that with a single thumb.

But you currently have the choice of one or two-handed use. Better that than no choice at all.

Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
post #101 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac-sochist View Post

Barring a complete breakthrough in camera technology, like near-field optics (which no rumors, even, have discussed), or violating the laws of physics in regular camera technology, the iPhone is as thin as it can get already (if not thinner).

I think you just violated logic.

Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Reply
post #102 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Ford just sells cars. Apple sells Macs, iPods, iPads, iPhones.

But I believe Apple will sell a <5" iPhone and the 4" one.

Ford sells cars, trucks, SUVs, vans, etc. Different vehicles for different purposes.

Not unlike Apple who sells Macs, iPods, iPads and iPhones. Different electronic devices for different purposes.

My point was... Ford sells cars in different sizes... from subcompact to full-size luxury. Ford sells trucks in different sizes too. SUVs in different sizes as well.

Apple sells iPads in different sizes... iMacs in different sizes... laptops in different sizes.

But Apple thinks the phone should be capped at 4" forever? 1oyvey.gif
post #103 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

But you currently have the choice of one or two-handed use. Better that than no choice at all.

I wish Apple would at least give me the chance to try a larger iPhone. That's the choice I want.

There have been phones larger than 4" for years... just not any made by Apple.
post #104 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr O View Post
 

 

Do people really want a bigger screen?

 

Or do they want to simplify their subscription plan to just one device?

I believe the innovation is not a bigger screen but a simplified subscription model with the carriers: Have one subscription fee that gives you access to various sized screens. E.g. the iPhone, iPad mini, iPad Air … your subscription fee shouldn't be tied to one device. Instead it should be determined by the data you use across your various devices?

This would be a far more elegant (and versatile) solution than having one 5.5" iPhone 6 with a hefty subscription plan (as you got it cheap).

By the by, if Henri Ford would have listened to the people he would have ended up with selling horses instead of building cars …

 

Interesting, that would make sense for some people. 

 

I can only speak for myself and the few I know who have purchased large screen phones - it was for the readability and usability of a larger screen, not for the desire to replace 2 subscriptions with 1.

 

The Henry Ford example of ignoring what people want is cute :-)  I should try that approach with my software product, and see if I keep any customers...

post #105 of 123
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post
Heh, Tallest Phil. I like that.

 

Huh, I don’t remember that one.

 

That’s not surprising, though.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #106 of 123
I would like a bigger iPhone for the following reasons
I got big hands
eyes are not what they were

I have a Mac Pro and the iPhone I do not want to buy and carry around a second device / Keep it cheaper and convenience
And I just want one
post #107 of 123
Hey people, let's not show too much interest. Apple will just increase the price. Brand loyalty is only a one-way street.
post #108 of 123
Good point I don't want one lol
Edited by comley - 4/13/14 at 1:50pm
post #109 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeb View Post

APPL goes down on all news. On good news, it goes down a little, on neutral news it goes down a lot, and don't even ask what happens when there is bad news. 

AAPL is trading with bad sentiment right now. One day the tide will turn, but until now, all news is "bad" news. 

Since AAPL is such a large component of the stock market, it appears general economic news affects their stock as much as Apple company news. This past week the entire market has been getting hammered day after day.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply

Proud AAPL stock owner.

 

GOA

Reply
post #110 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Political Poop View Post

Hey people, let's not show too much interest. Apple will just increase the price. Brand loyalty is only a one-way street.

Keep living up to your name.
post #111 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Political Poop View Post

Brand loyalty is only a one-way street.

It's not. For most, loyalty to a brand is the effect of a cause. That cause is on the brand maker to make the best product for a given price point. This means that if a product with an excessive amount of brand loyalty becomes too pricey for a given quality or if competitors have a better product at or below their price point the brand loyalty will wane. Now one might blindly choose a vendor's product because of a long positive history but if that next product has a negative effect that loyalty will also begin to wane. This is the free market in action.

I doubt any tech company is as keen to this as Apple because of the extra scrutiny on them with their near monopolistic mindshare. Need an example? Check out the Retina MBPs. They didn't have to keep making it thinner, or increate the battery life or add 4x the display pixels with an IPS panel. They already make more profit from "PCs" than any other PC vendor in the world and no one was uncutting them because no one can sell as many $1000+ notebooks than they can (economies of scale) but they did it anyway when they could have waited several more years before the $700 WinPC vendors started to make that commonplace.
Edited by SolipsismX - 4/13/14 at 10:07am

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #112 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I wish these banned usernames wouldn't show up when I use the new @mention feature in Huddler.
 
Almost always, when someone starts off a comments stating all the Apple products they own followed by a "but" what follows next is usually a trollish comment. In this case I don't believe you were doing that at all, but I do agree with @Tallest Skil that making such a statement in no way helps an argument. There is nothing wrong with simply stating that you don't like something by Apple or a direction they are taking and if you word in a constructive way there is no need to first defend your comment with an unprovable list of your Apple gear. Again, I in no way think you were trolling and I think TS would agree with that after rereading your comment.

 

 

I've been down this road several times before with you people. All this forum ever wants is complete adoration for Apple with blind devotion. Anything negative, and we're told to go away, bother someone else, we're trolls, and even get banned. You Apple followers don't want to hear anything other than glowing praise for everything Apple. That's a fact. I've been a member of this forum for a long time. Recently, frankly, I've fallen out of love with Apple. Sorry...

post #113 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

I've been down this road several times before with you people. All this forum ever wants is complete adoration for Apple with blind devotion. Anything negative, and we're told to go away, bother someone else, we're trolls, and even get banned. You Apple followers don't want to hear anything other than glowing praise for everything Apple. That's a fact. I've been a member of this forum for a long time. Recently, frankly, I've fallen out of love with Apple. Sorry...

1) It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you address others as "you people" and "you Apple followers."

2) In your post all you've done is bitch and whine but stated nothing useful or thought provoking. How the hell does "I've fallen out of love with Apple. Sorry…" help move a conversation. There are plenty of regular members here that have plenty of things they wish Apple would change but they haven't been banned and their comments are respected (at least by me). Plus, if what you say is true then I would have A) told @rattlhed that he was trolling, and B) not defended him against @Tallest Skil.

3) If you honestly believe what you say despite having been a member since 2007 then it's because you have chosen not tp acknowledge issues regular posters have had with Apple.
Edited by SolipsismX - 4/13/14 at 11:02am

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #114 of 123

Again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post


1) It's hard to take anything you say seriously when you address others as "you people" and "you Apple followers."

2) In your post all you've done is bitch and whine but stated nothing useful or thought provoking. How the hell does "I've fallen out of love with Apple. Sorry…" help move a conversation. There are plenty of regular members here that have plenty of things they wish Apple would change but they haven't been banned and their comments are respected (at least by me).

3) If you honestly believe what you say despite having been a member since 2007 then it's because you have chosen not tp acknowledge issues regular posters have had with Apple.

 1) So, instead of addressing you as a group, I should pick out each and every one of you? That makes it a more serious post? Buahahaha... Oh, god... It just hurts to laugh at such lunacy...

 

2) A complaint is bitching and whining? In what universe other than this? Any sort of negativity toward Apple is outwardly bashed with hatred in this community by the diehards. Believe me, I've checked every post I've been banned for, and it's been pathetic. I got banned, last time, for a post I made months before. I guess since I was back, it simply wasn't going to be tolerated? Sorry, I just don't get lock and step with the program here.

 

3) So, because I've made a point that Apple should make a larger iPhone, it was my choice to get told to go away because it wasn't an issue regular poster have with Apple? You don't even make sense...

 

Many of the posters in this forum simply have a closed mind and don't tolerate dissension...

post #115 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

So, instead of addressing you as a group, I should pick out each and every one of you? That makes it a more serious post?

Yes, you should address a specific individual or individuals you feel are incorrect. You know, actually read a comment, think of a rebuttal, and then respond to them like a mature, intelligent individual, not as someone that is so closed-minded and ignorant that they need to create artificial bubbles that allows them to use terms like "you people" to disparage an entire group without any evidence that everyone they've placed in that construct feels that way.
Quote:
Buahahaha... Oh, god... It just hurts to laugh at such lunacy…

And you wonder why your words come across as jaded idiocy. 1oyvey.gif
Quote:
A complaint is bitching and whining?

The way you say it is.
Quote:
So, because I've made a point that Apple should make a larger iPhone

So have I (I believe I did so in this very thread), as well as countless others you refer to as "you Apple people."


PS: Not once did I say "You anti-Apple people."
Edited by SolipsismX - 4/13/14 at 1:16pm

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #116 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

PS: Not once did I say "You anti-Apple people."

Funny, because I'm not anti-Apple. I just don't agree with the direction they're currently going in. That alone has been met with ridiculous comments to me to go away.

 

My comment: "A cheap plastic iPhone 5C and some spec bumps with a finger print scanner? Yawn... iOS 7 looks like a new paint job and that's all. Yawn... Apple has seriously lost its mojo! I'll wait for the iOS 7 upgrade on my phone to judge. Seriously looking at Android, at this point, for my upgrade. Had there been a bigger iPhone, I might have thought differently."

 

The response I got from Tallest Skil: "Go away."

 

Seriously? And you're in denial?

 

Thread, in case you want to look it up: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/159463/apple-changes-up-colors-space-gray-comes-to-iphone-5s-ipods

post #117 of 123
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post
1) So, instead of addressing you as a group, I should pick out each and every one of you? That makes it a more serious post? Buahahaha... Oh, god... It just hurts to laugh at such lunacy...

 

Bye.

 

Any sort of negativity toward Apple is outwardly bashed with hatred in this community by the diehards.

 

That makes sense. Hardliners would pull a wider scope of negatives under their umbrella. Of course, that’s not remotely close to what you originally said:

 
All this forum ever wants is complete adoration for Apple with blind devotion. Anything negative, and we're told to go away, bother someone else, we're trolls, and even get banned. You Apple followers don't want to hear anything other than glowing praise for everything Apple. That's a fact. 

 

1. This forum, meaning everyone here, not just “diehards”.

2. Anything negative, meaning anything, of course.

3. You Apple followers, again, meaning everyone here, not just “diehards”.

4. Anything other than glowing praise, meaning, again, anything.

5. That’s a fact, meaning self-deluded nonsense.

 

Why don’t you just take your goalposts and GO HOME instead of moving them around here?

 

Believe me, I've checked every post I've been banned for, and it's been pathetic.

 

Sounds like there’s something here you’re meant to learn which you… haven’t.

 

Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

Yawn… Yawn...

 

Gee, I wonder why I’d want a level of discussion beyond spewing 1. lies and 2. FUD without any manner of explanation for your reasoning whatsoever. I must be out of my mind to expect that sort of intelligence.


But you’ve once again given yourself a chance to prove us wrong! So do it now! PROVE US WRONG! PROVE that the iPhone 5S was a “spec bump with a fingerprint scanner”. PROVE that the iPhone 5C was “a cheap plastic phone”. PROVE that iOS 7’s changes were explicitly only changes to the UI. PROVE that Apple has lost its capability to create desire for their products.

 

You won’t.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #118 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

Funny, because I'm not anti-Apple. I just don't agree with the direction they're currently going in. That alone has been met with ridiculous comments to me to go away.

My comment: "A cheap plastic iPhone 5C and some spec bumps with a finger print scanner? Yawn... iOS 7 looks like a new paint job and that's all. Yawn... Apple has seriously lost its mojo! I'll wait for the iOS 7 upgrade on my phone to judge. Seriously looking at Android, at this point, for my upgrade. Had there been a bigger iPhone, I might have thought differently."

The response I got from Tallest Skil: "Go away."

Seriously? And you're in denial?

Thread, in case you want to look it up: http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/159463/apple-changes-up-colors-space-gray-comes-to-iphone-5s-ipods

I do get on TS for making those "go away" comments but in this case I don't think he's out of line. I think his comment to ratthed was incorrect, but not to your comment.

Where is your argument? All you did was make rhetorical questions which you answered with the world "Yawn," then stated that iOS 7 is only a "paint job" and then concluded as a fact that "Apple has lost its mojo." You don't come across as a reasonable person. You don't come across as someone that is open to anyone else's PoV. On top of that you've clearly ignored all the people that excited about Apple offering a larger display on the iPhone.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
post #119 of 123
Originally Posted by rattlhed View Post
Because I'm a huge apple fan I can't wish for product improvements or want them to go in another direction?

 

Because you’re an “Apple fan”, you shouldn’t have to preface your arguments with “proof of ownership” as though it lends any credence to what you have to say later.

 

If what you have to say is correct, it will be correct by its own doing, not because of any supplement. 

 

How this isn’t blindingly obvious, I’ll never know.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
Reply
post #120 of 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

You obviously don't have a clue and will never have one. Get one.

I was just looking back through your comments because of what @comley posted and you are very acerbic yet without any substance.

Here you are in September pooh-poohing the iPhone 5S and claiming your desires as unwavering facts...
Quote:
Wrong. It has already been stated that Kit Kat, Android's soon to be released new version, will have 64 bit support and Samsung clearly stated its next phone, likely the Galaxy S5, will have a 64 bit processor. These don't happen overnight. They've already been working on them before the iPhone and iOS announcements.

And then a few months later, apparently after realizing that you were getting your desires met, you decided those grapes were sour...
Quote:
What does 64 bit do for you? 64 bit does nothing for you that 32 bits doesn't do. You're a victim of marketing BS!

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Consumer interest in Apple's 'iPhone 6' at record levels, as new sketches show rumored big-screen design
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Consumer interest in Apple's 'iPhone 6' at record levels, as new sketches show rumored big-screen design