or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Closer look at alleged 'iPhone 6' front panel suggests 5.1" screen with 16:9 ratio

Closer look at alleged 'iPhone 6' front panel suggests 5.1" screen with 16:9 ratio - Page 3

post #81 of 134
I could see them adding another .5 to .75" to the iPhone screen size. If nothing else just to partially accommodate the phablet-loving masses in Asia. Beyond that, I still think they'd be more inclined to make an iPad "nano" with a 6" screen size instead of a massive "phone".

That said, it's also possible an iPad Nano could have some kind of telephony built in. As it is, FaceTime Audio over "iPad cellular" is almost that already, right? So why not? Still an iPad, not an iPhone... If I were Apple I'd do it that way instead of a true "phablet". Leave those awful beasts to Samsung.
post #82 of 134

Whoever measured that first photo made the big mistake of ignoring the fact that one was much closer to the camera than the other. Glad to see other photos of what appears to be the same part. I must say I'm not a fan. The large top/bottom bezel used by Apple makes the overall phone much taller than competing devices, even those with larger screen sizes like the Nexus 5. An iPhone with a 5.5" display would be truly enormous like that crazy-big Galaxy Mega with a 6.3" screen.

post #83 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post

I agree with the Poll above. I believe we will see the small 4" iphone screens go the way of the buggy whip once the larger screens are on sale.  Does anyone want the smaller original iphone or 3GS screen size anymore?  Nope.  Think folks.  Apple is way behind and playing catch up. The larger iphones are the last huge catalyst for upgrade and Apple knows it.  It is pondering a $100 add'l for the larger screen iphone to milk it to the end.

Once on sale the only people buying smaller screen iphones are the ones who do it SOLELY because of price.  If Apple had the price the same the number of small screen iphones sold would barely be a rounding error.

Then why are iPhones the best selling smartphones every single year? 

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

post #84 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

Same reason I own an iphone 5.  I settled because I like the OS and ecosystem. I don't like the screensize but what choice do I have?  I'm sure not everyone agrees with me and jumped ship to larger screens and apple lost them.  Maybe most lost forever but some will come back with the larger screen finally being offered after all these many years.

Also the company line that they kept phones small so you could use with one hand is BS.  It was propoganda. If they really believed that they still would not be making a large screen phone this year.  We all know this.

post #85 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadarTheKat View Post

Apple needs, or, more accurately, takes advantage of, Samsung, the Android ecosystem, and, to a lesser extent Microsoft/Nokia and the Windows model, to reflect Apple's constantly changing state in a coevolutionary dance where Apple's adversaries are forced to test the waters of new forms that might be viable but are not yet profitable.  This is currently represented in the many different screen sizes offered by the competition but has played out at other times, both large and small.

Apple allowed others to jump aboard the 4G buildout, jumping aboard itself only when 4G stabilized around the LTE standard.  Others spent evolutionary cycles in efforts akin to purchasing pre-construction from an insolvent builder.  Once the world coalesced around a stable set of standards with critical mass that ensured uptake and lowered costs for all players, Apple added 4G support in their products.

Apple allowed others to experiment with smaller tablet form factors, while criticizing the whole notion.  Once the competition proved the viability of a market, Apple took action, entering with a strong offering that supported Apple's existing app ecosystem, provided a larger display than the competing small tablets, and maintained the full-size iPad's more practical aspect ratio.

Apple allowed others to experiment with larger smartphone displays.  The introduction of the iPhone 5 borrowed from what Apple learned and changed the aspect ratio to the 16:9 aspect ratio utilized in HD video and shown as successful in many of the existing large screen smartphones.  This also allowed Apple to increase the size of the display in a nod to the greater utility of a larger display, while maintaining the width of the handset that allows effective single-handed use and trumpeting this over the competition.  Apple has a habit of downplaying the competition’s advantages before co-opting them.  

In zero-sum games you always try to hide your strategy.  But in nonzero-sum games you might want to announce your strategy in public so the other players need to adapt to it.

Is Apple playing a zero-sum game against Samsung?  Not quite.  Apple selectively allows other players in on its plans, and it clearly cannot hide what it's been doing once it introduces a new iPhone or iPad.  Apple lets the competition know certain information ahead of time.  For example, who doesn't know that a new iPhone will be introduced in September?  By being consistent in its iPhone release schedule, Apple influences Samsung.  Samsung knows its semiconductor/displays/memory sales will get a surge in revenues coincident with Apple's release, and it knows to set its own annual release far enough offset in the calendar with Apple's to allow itself time to mimic any new capabilities it wants from each new iPhone introduction.  Apple takes advantage by keeping Samsung hooked on iPhone component revenues, just enough and only until Apple no longer needs Sammy in this respect, and also takes advantage by picking the better date on the calendar for its iPhone and iPad refreshes.  Coevolution among these two competitors allows Apple to both choose the music and lead the dance.

Not sure i agree.  By this logic apple would have waited for co's to prove an iphone like smartphone was viable before they entered the space.  Also same with ipad. Let others enter the tablet space before apple and find out if it was in fact viable.  After all everyone mocked iPad when it was announced (later to be proven quite wrong).  Apple leads when it can which was under Jobs.  Under Cook they certainly seem to follow a lot more.

Apple should be skating to where the puck will be, not where it is.  Another example is iTunes. IT's dying.  Why? Pandora, Spotify, Rdio, etc.  Apple needs to buy Spotify yesterday.  Their model and implementation of what a music service should be is perfection.  I used to buy lots of songs on iTunes but once I downloaded spotify never opened iTunes again.  All music, non music albums, etc all at your fingertips perfectly and instantly sync'd across every mobile, tablet and desktop.  iTunes couldn't do that (well almost if you buy Match but even that wasn't working well for me on my home entertainment setup).   Again apple is behind the curve here and trying to catch up with iRadio.  WTF.  Buy Pandora. Buy Spotify. Buy both.  Or let them continue to grow and prove like you said just how wrong they are on their current strategy and try to buy or build their way out of it in 5 years at MUCH higher cost.

post #86 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistic View Post

Quote:

Same reason I own an iphone 5.  I settled because I like the OS and ecosystem. I don't like the screensize but what choice do I have?  I'm sure not everyone agrees with me and jumped ship to larger screens and apple lost them.  Maybe most lost forever but some will come back with the larger screen finally being offered after all these many years.

Also the company line that they kept phones small so you could use with one hand is BS.  It was propoganda. If they really believed that they still would not be making a large screen phone this year.  We all know this.

Both of these are right :p   iPhones are the best selling phones because they are great phones.  Period.  At the same time, for those that like them, big screens just open a whole new level of usability.  I'm glad Apple users will finally get an opportunity to choose, but I hope Apple does at least continue to offer a 4" for those that prefer them.  Personally I think some of the bigger large screen haters will be converts once they try them.

The newer mockup pictures are *WAY* sexy so I hope DED and AI have formally banished the prior resized 5s pictures. The danger is the mockups end up being better than what is delivered.  No side bezel is a tall order.  It would totally rock if Apple can pull it off.  It would almost force a stronger screen material, and hopefully they'd kill the edge pixels touch sensitivity to avoid spurious touches.

post #87 of 134
Quote:

Excellent illustration.  This shows the screen with be the 1334x750 4.7" display predicted by Kuo.

But but at the same time didn't Kuo predicted bezel-less display (at least on a side)?  
What we see here is notoriously the same waste of space. These bezels along with the Home button are becoming "iconic" features of the iPhone.

post #88 of 134

Someone on Reddit solved the size of this thing at 4.7" via one simple line:

Quite embarrassing for that developer. But he gets attention either way I suppose.

Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #89 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

No.

YES
post #90 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

YES

Do you really believe that Jonny Ive and Apple would create such a monstrosity?

Really?

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #91 of 134
Quote:

Do you really believe that Jonny Ive and Apple would create such a monstrosity?

Really?

As long as they make a bigger screen of 4.7 or my personal preference 5.5. I don't care for the small screen of the current iPhone. Which is why I've moved on to what I wanted out of a phone. It fits just fine in all my pockets and I'm able to use it with one hand.

If Apple gets with the program and makes a phone I want again, I'll be happy to come back. I want to. But I want a bigger screen more than what Apple offers as an ecosystem. I've found that except for a few apps, I can do everything on my current phone that the iPhone can do. Actually more.

So, just like many others, I want and demand a bigger screen and will go with the company that provides me my needs.
post #92 of 134
Anyone think Apple is throwing fakes out there early in the process this year to find out where the leaks are coming from? Double-down Cook needs to keep his word.
post #93 of 134
I was hoping Apple would release the first bezel-less phone this year. I just think they look cool. Small bezels are more practical unless they have the ability to discern inadvertent touches by now.
post #94 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric38 View Post

Anyone think Apple is throwing fakes out there early in the process this year to find out where the leaks are coming from? Double-down Cook needs to keep his word.

It could also be a ruse to keep people from buying the SGS 5 and HTC One
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
post #95 of 134

I personally dont think 5" is a Phablet, But 5.5" certainly is or 6".

But then by Apple standard anything larger then 4" propberly isn't a Phone but Phablet as well.

May be what Tim Cook said about any reasonable person would think of it as a new category would actually be an iPod with Phone capability. Hence the 4.7" and 5.5" Screen Size. 

post #96 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLance99 View Post

As long as they make a bigger screen of 4.7 or my personal preference 5.5. I don't care for the small screen of the current iPhone. Which is why I've moved on to what I wanted out of a phone. It fits just fine in all my pockets and I'm able to use it with one hand.

If Apple gets with the program and makes a phone I want again, I'll be happy to come back. I want to. But I want a bigger screen more than what Apple offers as an ecosystem. I've found that except for a few apps, I can do everything on my current phone that the iPhone can do. Actually more.

So, just like many others, I want and demand a bigger screen and will go with the company that provides me my needs.

That's fine and all that but has absolutely nothing to do with my original comment.

That being, do you really think that Jonny Ive and Apple would build a 16 X 9 phone with a 5.1" diagonal?

I find it highly uncharacteristic of both Ive and Apple... so my answer would be, "No".

Had this article been about a 4.7" phone then I would have said, "Yes".

You on the other hand seem to believe the article, saying that Apple is building a 5.1" phone. 

I'll continue with this in the fall.

na na na na na...
na na na na na...
post #97 of 134
Quote:

That's fine and all that but has absolutely nothing to do with my original comment.

That being, do you really think that Jonny Ive and Apple would build a 16 X 9 phone with a 5.1" diagonal?

I find it highly uncharacteristic of both Ive and Apple... so my answer would be, "No".

Had this article been about a 4.7" phone then I would have said, "Yes".

You on the other hand seem to believe the article, saying that Apple is building a 5.1" phone. 

I'll continue with this in the fall.

My apologies than. I misunderstood your "NO" as not wanting a larger screen. So, I'll agree with your "NO" as the 5.1 size.

I want and need a larger screen and will be first in line for whatever the larger size happens to be.
post #98 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxman View Post

I cannot for a minute imagine that Apple will go wholesale to a larger format. A new format will be an addition to the present size - which I am pretty sure will remain the better seller, at least in North America and Europe.

Right - and a Gold iPhone would never be the bestseller in North America and Europe.

post #99 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The 4" iPhone will be staying around. The only question is are they going to add one new size or two.

A 2nd question would be if the innards of the 4" iPhone would be updated with this years' tech or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemyNX View Post

Can't you even read the page? Normal, large, etc... have nothing to do with resolution.

I don't get Google either here; what has resolution to do with the size of the display? Obviously they're related, but S/M/L/XL shouldn't be expressed in # of pixels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFan207 View Post

Darn, I was honestly looking forward to a bezel-less iPhone. Oh well...

That might create quite a challenge for case makers.
"Fibonacci: As easy as 1, 1, 2, 3..."
post #100 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungmark View Post

Um why are you looking at the back pants pockets of young girls? 1smile.gif

Still I hope Apple keeps the 4" and add the "plus" model at < 5". I still think >5" for a phone is absurd.

Because I have a daughter who is now 22. She's got a lot of friends. I've asked them if they ever break their phones by carrying them that way, but they say no, that everyone does that.
post #101 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Quote:

Um why are you looking at the back pants pockets of young girls? 1smile.gif

Still I hope Apple keeps the 4" and add the "plus" model at < 5". I still think >5" for a phone is absurd.

Because I have a daughter who is now 22. She's got a lot of friends. I've asked them if they ever break their phones by carrying them that way, but they say no, that everyone does that.

I *think* they were just pulling your leg there Melgross. But yes, it is a fair question from your part, one I also wanted an answer to. So thanks.
post #102 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

I *think* they were just pulling your leg there Melgross. But yes, it is a fair question from your part, one I also wanted an answer to. So thanks.

I know, but I wanted to expand what I said anyway, and to continue the conversation. People ask me why I say things about young people, so I feel I should tell them where I get so e of my info.
post #103 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

A 5.07" display iPhone I would consider it to be a phablet and therefore makes me hope they will keep the 4" alongside.

And I thought that after the 4.1", 4.2", 4.3", 4.4", 4.5", 4.6", 4.7", 4.8", 4.9", 5.0", 5.1", 5.2", 5.3", 5.4" & 5.5" display rumours we'd be covered for any outcome. But unfortunately we now are going to go all out and have the rumour mill include .0x" screens, which could run well into 2015 (without actually counting).

and 4.67".

Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
post #104 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwmac View Post
You failed to account for the possibly huge number of iPhone users who bought an iPhone for the hardware and iOS ecosystem but who crave a larger display.

People are fooling themselves if they think they can be more productive on a 4.7" instead of a 4" screen. My iPad Air is already on the edge of usability. It is because the iPad interface hasn't fully matured yet.

Apple is sending out the wrong signal to developers by making the screen size bigger. Some well developed iPhone apps - like Clear, Rise and Mailbox - do not need a bigger screen.

I really hope Apple updates the 3.5" iPhone. For the colorful. I'd be more than happy with my (unlocked) sub 500$ iPhone.

post #105 of 134
Quote:

It's the new iwatch.

Or iKnuckleduster.

post #106 of 134
Quote:

Larger iphone is 3 years overdue. They should have been AHEAD of samsung and the other mfg's with this trend. Not years behind as a slow follower. Sad to see what Apple has become under Cook

When I read your post, the words Myopic, Venomous, Ignoble, GODforsaken spring to mind.

Edited by Benjamin Frost - 4/16/14 at 5:38am
post #107 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

This is hysterical - not only would it mean Apple copies a phatphone but also it's screen ratio? Priceless!

About as hysterical as your 'priceless' post.

post #108 of 134
Quote:

Girls, particularly young ones, put their phones in their back jeans pocket. How they don't break them is something I don't understand, but they do do it.

As TS said, they have more of a cushion, much to the appeal of mankind.

Edited by Benjamin Frost - 4/16/14 at 10:09am
post #109 of 134
Quote:

Seems you are correct.  On my screen (on my MacBook Air with the display zoomed a bit) I can do a crude measurement with a tape measure.  Hey, I said it was a crude measurement.  The screen on the left measured 2 5/8" (2.625") and the one on the right measured 3".  Doing the math, the screen on the right would be about 14-15% longer on the diagonal.  14-15% more than 4" is 4.6"isn, which is closer to 4.7".

Indeed; 4.67".

post #110 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

What gave you the impression the next iPhone would have no bezels?
Just silly rumors that I remember reading somewhere, but nothing concrete, really. I know I shouldn't have paid attention, but am I mistaken or is Google designing a bendable phone that is all screen, or some such thing? I guess I figured if Google had that, then Apple could have a perfectly-functional hard screen, with a wrapped edge.
post #111 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Quote:
You failed to account for the possibly huge number of iPhone users who bought an iPhone for the hardware and iOS ecosystem but who crave a larger display.
Apple is sending out the wrong signal to developers by making the screen size bigger. Some well developed iPhone apps - like Clear, Rise and Mailbox - do not need a bigger screen.

What wrong signal is Apple sending to developers?

With the Storyboard and AutoLayout features of XCode. it is quite easy to exploit various screen sizes in iOS.

Even though some apps may not "need a bigger screen", likely, they could benefit their presentation with more whitespace.
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -
"He who laughs, lasts!" - Mary Pettibone Poole -
post #112 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Quote:

Girls, particularly young ones, put their phones in their back jeans pocket. How they don't break them is something I don't understand, but they do do it.
AS TS said, they have more of a cushion, much to the appeal of mankind.

Here ya' go:

Aside: We've been watching Downton Abbey on Masterpiece Classics -- similar to Upstairs, Downstairs on Masterpiece theater -- only a lot funnier!

One of the lead actresses is Elizabeth McGovern. I had remembered her appearing in a controversial movie some time ago ... A little surfing on IMDB, and I came up with the movie Ragtime. She played a character that was supposed to have posed for the statue of Diana, above that was commissioned by Architect Stanford White and installed atop Madison Square.

Quote:

Second version of "Diana" was draped in cloth to address concerns of nudity. The cloth eventually blew away.
The second, smaller version of "DIANA" was completely redesigned by Saint-Gaudens to have a more elegant pose with a different thrust of the body, a thinner figure, smaller breasts and more feminine angle of the leg. To better fit the top of Madison Square Garden, the proportion was also scaled down to 13 feet tall. It was hoisted on top of the Garden on November 18, 1893.[7][8] This version was mounted as originally planned on its left toe and was made of hollowed, gilded copper, which made it light enough to rotate with the wind as originally designed.

At 347 feet above street level, the "Diana" statue was the highest point in New York City at the time. During the day, the gilded figure caught the sun and could be seen from all over the city and as far away as New Jersey. Electric lights, then a novelty, illuminated it at night; it was the first statue in history to be lit by electricity.

In 1925, Madison Square Garden was demolished to make way for the construction of the New York Life Building. Before the building was torn down, "Diana" was removed and preserved. It was intended for the statue to remain in New York City, however a seven year search to find a place to display it proved futile. In 1932, the New York Life Insurance Company, who now owned the property, presented "Diana" to the Philadelphia Museum of Art as a gift where it remains today, displayed at the top of its Great Stair Hall.[9]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_(Saint-Gaudens)
post #113 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

With the Storyboard and AutoLayout features of XCode. it is quite easy to exploit various screen sizes in iOS.

Even though some apps may not "need a bigger screen", likely, they could benefit their presentation with more whitespace.

Constraint breeds creativity.

The bigger the screen the lazier you get (as a developer).

The 3.5" screen of the iPhone necessitates creative thinking. As a developer you take advantage of the touchscreen technology to create gesture based interfaces. Hence the importance of all areas being accessible with one hand. The 5.5 inch iPhone challenges this concept. It is already flirting with the iPad experience …

post #114 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Quote:

Constraint breeds creativity.

The bigger the screen the lazier you get (as a developer).

The 3.5" screen of the iPhone necessitates creative thinking. As a developer you take advantage of the touchscreen technology to create gesture based interfaces. Hence the importance of all areas being accessible with one hand. The 5.5 inch iPhone challenges this concept. It is already flirting with the iPad experience …

I disagree!

"The bigger the screen the lazier you get (as a developer)." Bullshit! Just the opposite is true!

If one-hand access is your goal, you can accomplish that regardless of screen size.

Are you an iOS OSX developer?

Have you ever written an iPhone app?

By your logic, the iOS developer would be much more creative and have a better app on a 1.5" x 1.5" screen.
post #115 of 134
Quote:

I disagree!

"The bigger the screen the lazier you get (as a developer)." Bullshit! Just the opposite is true!

If one-hand access is your goal, you can accomplish that regardless of screen size.

Are you an iOS OSX developer?

Have you ever written an iPhone app?

By your logic, the iOS developer would be much more creative and have a better app on a 1.5" x 1.5" screen.

Ha! You soon will have to … when the rumored iWatch comes out :)

I have a very different mindset when designing for the iPhone, iPad and web. It is very different scenarios: on the go, in the sofa and at your desk.

post #116 of 134

By leaving an increasing amount of space unused (and therefore worthless to you and the user) the larger the screen gets. I’m not sure I see your reasoning here.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.

Originally posted by Marvin

Even if [the 5.5” iPhone] exists, it doesn’t deserve to.
post #117 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Quote:

By leaving an increasing amount of space unused (and therefore worthless to you and the user) the larger the screen gets. I’m not sure I see your reasoning here.

I didn't say that it was a good goal, or that I necessarily agree with it!

However, look at Apple's Mail app in landscape mode on the iPad or an iPad mini. Here, you can do most of the Navigation you need to do with a single hand -- yet additional, out of reach, information is available to improve the user experience.

If you wanted to redesign the app for one-handed use you could allow the user to double tap a message summary on the left and bring the full message into the left area for one-handed manipulation.

See – additional screen space can make a developer more creative.
post #118 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

The first 5 generations of the iPhone under Steve Jobs (ie. every single generation) was the exact same size. The first iPhone developed under Cook was larger (iPhone 5). GTFO with your FUD. There isn't an iota of evidence that under Jobs a massive phone would have come out sooner. Not an iota. The iPhone is still the best selling smartphone on the planet- what does that tell you about this "trend"? Also, "size" has nothing to do with being ahead or behind. It's a design choice. Apple doesn't give a **** about trends.

If they don't care about trends then why is the new iPhone coming out in not one, but two, larger screen sizes?  Seems they do care about trends because trends represent sales.  You might want to check Samsung's revenue and profits recently.  Not too far off where Apple is.  Apple took notice and is responding 3 years late finally with a larger screen in response.  If Jobs was in charge it would have been out a long time ago

post #119 of 134
Quote:

If they don't care about trends then why is the new iPhone coming out in not one, but two, larger screen sizes?  Seems they do care about trends because trends represent sales.  You might want to check Samsung's revenue and profits recently.  Not too far off where Apple is.  Apple took notice and is responding 3 years late finally with a larger screen in response.  If Jobs was in charge it would have been out a long time ago

So this rumor is somehow confirmed? Apple releases items when those items are ready. There isn't an innovation shot-clock in Jony's office.

You have no fn clue what Jobs would have done. Remember he didn't want iTunes for Windows.
post #120 of 134
Quote:

So this rumor is somehow confirmed? Apple releases items when those items are ready. There isn't an innovation shot-clock in Jony's office.

You have no fn clue what Jobs would have done. Remember he didn't want iTunes for Windows.

Larger iPhones are done deal.  Confirmed.  Deal with it. Apple is a trend follower.  "Apple releases items when those items are ready" is merely an excuse for being 3 years late and behind Samsung and every other phone maker.  Apple is the LAST one to offer a larger screen that consumers want.  

Also, I guarantee the larger screen iphone will outsell all the small screen iphones within 1 year.  

I do know exactly what Jobs would have done.  He would not have stood by why the market whizzed by him.  He also would not have allowed samsung to attack apple and its customers unanswered like Cook did.   Anyone who knows Jobs knows this.  

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Closer look at alleged 'iPhone 6' front panel suggests 5.1" screen with 16:9 ratio
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Closer look at alleged 'iPhone 6' front panel suggests 5.1" screen with 16:9 ratio