or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple begins selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display starting at $419 [u]

Apple begins selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display starting at $419 [u]

post #1 of 16
Consumers waiting for Apple to start offering refurbished models of its latest Retina display-equipped iPad mini need wait no longer as the tablet's Wi-Fi variants are now available with double-digit discounts from their off-the-shelf price.

Update: Apple's online store appears to have sold out of the 16-gigabyte Retina iPad mini variants, leaving only the 32-gigabyte and 64-gigabyte models available for purchase.

Apple originally listed the 16-gigabyte models for $339, a $60 savings from the $399 list price. 32-gigabyte models receive an $80 discount to $419, while 64-gigabyte models are marked down $90 to $509.

As per its usual practice with refurbished products, Apple offers the tablets with a full one-year warranty, and they are eligible for extended coverage with AppleCare. The company says consumers will receive a device with "a brand new battery and outer shell," meaning buyers should not experience any performance differential between their refurbished iPad and a similarly-specced new model.

At press time, only Wi-Fi-only models were available from the refurbished outlet. It is unknown why Wi-Fi and cellular models are excluded, nor when they might make an appearance.
post #2 of 16
That's a pretty sweet deal, if it includes a new battery and outer casing.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #3 of 16
Good deal.
post #4 of 16
Excellent aftermarket solution once we can get a hack for CarPlay on the main screen.

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

"The real haunted empire?  It's the New York Times." ~SockRolid

"There is no rule that says the best phones must have the largest screen." ~RoundaboutNow

post #5 of 16

Excellent deal!

And Apple refurbs are as good as new.

post #6 of 16

$299 sweet spot, please. Just my wish, no, Apple wouldn't do that because they still rule the Tablet Universe. 

post #7 of 16
Correction, these are the normal iPad minis, not the ones with Retina display. Those are $419.
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

$299 sweet spot, please. Just my wish, no, Apple wouldn't do that because they still rule the Tablet Universe. 

The non-retina iPad mini, which is a much worse device, retails for $299. So no, they wont. 

post #9 of 16
Need a 128gb or no deal.

Where's the new Apple TV?

Where's the new Apple TV?
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post

Correction, these are the normal iPad minis, not the ones with Retina display. Those are $419.

Actually, the non-retina iPad mini retails at $299 - so no way refurbs would be $339. This is a pretty good deal, but I'll continue to wait - I really don't mind buying a 2-year old device for 2/3 the cost.

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by universeman View Post

Correction to your correction.

The mini retinas for $419 are the 32GB model.

The mini retina mentioned in the article for $339 appears to be gone already. Apple refurbs sell out quickly.

post #12 of 16

Waiting for an iPad mini with Touch ID, thankyouverymuch.  ;)

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

Apple develops an improved programming language.  Google copied Java.  Everything you need to know, right there.

AT&T believes their LTE coverage is adequate

post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by reydn View Post

Actually, the non-retina iPad mini retails at $299 - so no way refurbs would be $339. This is a pretty good deal, but I'll continue to wait - I really don't mind buying a 2-year old device for 2/3 the cost.

Say what you will, but I've bought an ASUS MeMO tablet. I have an iPhone and a MacBook Pro and a family with these wants/needs, so a cheap tablet is fine at $86 refurbished. The tablet is fine for Kindle app, Nook app, IMDB and websurfing while watching a movie at home.

Would love to have a Retina iPad, but at $399 for 16 GB, can't do. And for refurbished, you have to add sale tax is some places.

Pretty tiresome that Apple loves the $_99.00 pricing scheme. 

Edited by pfisher - 4/17/14 at 4:57pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

That's a pretty sweet deal, if it includes a new battery and outer casing.
Most defiantly usually does.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Hannah View Post

Most defiantly usually does.

All cooperatively never do.  /s

post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post

All cooperatively never do.  /s

People think it don't be like it is, but it do.
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
"That (the) world is moving so quickly that iOS is already amongst the older mobile operating systems in active development today." — The Verge
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Apple begins selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display starting at $419 [u]
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple begins selling refurbished iPad mini with Retina display starting at $419 [u]