or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple shows off iPhone 5s multimedia creation prowess in 'Powerful' ad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple shows off iPhone 5s multimedia creation prowess in 'Powerful' ad - Page 3

post #81 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltsBear View Post


I have been using that app for someone, it is great!  I even paid for the better version for logging.

Thx Bear. I'm waiting for apple's iWatch. I'm looking fwd to see what they will bring to the table as far as health and fitness.
post #82 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by hill60 View Post
 

 

Who would that be, obviously not people who have downloaded these types of App on iPhones over the last couple of years.

 

With Apple customisation is a choice not given to Samsung buyers who forsake phone memory on things that may not be needed.


I'm...not exactly sure what you mean, but I recall some users on this site mocking the GS5's heart-rate monitor, and describing it as both "useless" and "a gimmick". The latter might be true, given Samsung's history with hardware quality, but definitely not the former

post #83 of 92

I'm the creator of an app called OnSong which is in the top ten paid music apps for iPad.

post #84 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysisftw View Post

I disagree. I am yet to come across an Android site (yes I do, because I own a Moto G), that doesn't aimlessly ridicule Apple. There are mature users who genuinely rationalise, but a majority (like AI users) are still anti-Apple.

You're lumping in the readers with the article writers. Most Android sites do not publish anti-Apple articles. It's no fault of the site if the readers post anti-Apple comments. Many times the comments are Samsung vs Moto vs HTC vs LG.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #85 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Here's a video for Jamstik, but it shows several iOS Apps and gives a great example of how quickly you can lay down tracks/loops.

I'm surprised this video doesn't have more views. It's production quality I find quite good.

Thanks for the video. It was impressive. It's great to see that Fairlight lives on, so many artists used it to compose music in the 80s.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
Reply
post #86 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by crysisftw View Post
 

C'mon mate, they're not the 'enemy'! They're a good people, just a bit misguided and misrepresented.

So said the devil.

"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
"If the young are not initiated into the village, they will burn it down just to feel its warmth."
- African proverb
Reply
post #87 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post


Thanks for the video. It was impressive. It's great to see that Fairlight lives on, so many artists used it to compose music in the 80s.

 

Another great Australian invention.

Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
Better than my Bose, better than my Skullcandy's, listening to Mozart through my LeBron James limited edition PowerBeats by Dre is almost as good as my Sennheisers.
Reply
post #88 of 92

Does anyone know the name of the app the launches the model rocket, and adjust the stage lights?

post #89 of 92

HOW do you attach your iphone to the guitar or bass like the guitar player in the beginning of the 'powerful' ad?

 

I get that he's using Amplitube and iRig

 

but how is the phone attached to the body of the guitar like that?


Edited by beefbeefbeef - 5/5/14 at 8:35am
post #90 of 92

You have several options.

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply

Originally Posted by Slurpy

There's just a TINY chance that Apple will also be able to figure out payments. Oh wait, they did already… …and you’re already f*ed.

 

Reply
post #91 of 92
Quote:
 You have several options.

 

True but none of those attach the iphone to the guitar as shown in the picture.

Quote: my question
 I get that he's using Amplitube and iRig, but how is the phone attached to the body of the guitar like that?

 

 

Is there some kind of clamp, or suction cup?

Double sided tape?

 

It's placed there so neatly, unlike other options I've seen involving bulky plastic clamps.

post #92 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emes View Post

Glad you put that "mostly" in there.

As for the ad, it was very typical of Apple's style. I didn't really notice anything special about it. It was interesting how they threw in the heart-rate monitor as a dish to Samsung, but it'll be fun to see how those who decried a heart-rate monitor as useless will react to this.
It is useless to have a seperate sensor when it's been available on iPhone in an app for years using the camera and flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Odo View Post

Can the iPhone read heart rate with a specialized app?  I really thought the Galaxy S5 was the only smartphone capable of that.
Yes, I have used the app Heart Rate by Runstastic since 2012. It only requires the app because is uses the camera and flash. It's very accurate too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple shows off iPhone 5s multimedia creation prowess in 'Powerful' ad