or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple announces 7-for-1 stock split, buybacks bumped to $90 billion

Apple announces 7-for-1 stock split, buybacks bumped to $90 billion - Page 6

post #201 of 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by xZu View Post

Could it also have to do with accusations of other companies. Have a smaller stock price per share allows for it to be more easily distributed. If they buy Netflix... they can give share holders 4 shares for ever one instead of .5 of share. Just a thought, sorry if its been stated already...

Maybe someone can comment?

Go talk to a stock broker that understands your position and what you expect to gain from your investment.

Netflix is one stock I personally would stay away from. I just don't like these stocks that trade with outrageously high P/E ratios at their stage of being a publicly traded company.  I can't see their business model having drastic profits, they don't make anything, they just rent videos.  That's a business I wouldn't get involved with since there are a lot of competitors.  They don't have any patents that I'm aware of, they don't make a product that's unique and special.  It's a VERY low margin business.  I'd personally stay away unless you really know how to play the ups and downs of this stock.

post #202 of 202

I have checked the value line report on Apple and earnings are projected to rise over the next 2 years

Originally Posted by Rickers - 2014

Cook & Co will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost for so long.  Steve == Apple and Apple == Steve.  

Originally Posted by Rickers - 2014

Cook & Co will bury Apple.  They can only ride Steve's ghost for so long.  Steve == Apple and Apple == Steve.  

Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Apple announces 7-for-1 stock split, buybacks bumped to $90 billion