or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › ComiXology ceases iOS in-app purchases following Amazon acquisition

ComiXology ceases iOS in-app purchases following Amazon acquisition - Page 4

post #121 of 128

Here's a WONDERFUL (sarcasm fully intentional) example of how well Comixology/Amazon listens to customer feedback...

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your patience. We know that you’ve come to expect fast, effective support from us and we want to make sure you continue experiencing that. We’ve received a high volume of emails over the past two days and want to set the expectation that it will take us longer than usual to get back to you.

As you may know, we no longer support in-app purchasing through comiXology iOS and have shifted to a web-based purchasing model that will allow us to strike the best balance between prices, selection and customer experience. You’ll now need to make all of your purchases on comixology.com and then the comics will sync over to your app. 

Our web store is home to many exclusive money saving features like comiXology’s web-only bundles, subscriptions, and eGift cards. In fact, Subscriptions are a super convenient way to ensure the latest issues of your favorite series get delivered directly to your account as soon as they are released.

If you’re having trouble finding books that were previously available to you in the original Comics app, we’ll work with you to track everything down. 

Start by opening the original Comics app, logging into your comiXology account, and tapping the Restore button at the top left of the Purchases tab. That will sync up your Apple ID purchases to your comiXology username. If you’re noticing that all of your comics are not showing up in your comiXology account, it’s possible that some of those Apple ID purchases were synced to a different comiXology account. No worries there, we can work to merge multiple accounts.

If you’re having trouble signing into your account, or if you haven’t reset your password since March 6th, follow this link: https://www.comixology.com/forgot

For any additional questions, or if you still need support, please contact us at support@comixology.com

As always, we can’t thank you enough for your support. Nothing matters more to us than our community.

- Andrew

How are we doing?

APR 26, 2014  |  07:25PM EDT 
Original message
comiXology wrote:

Congratulations. I've purchased the majority of my comics through your original iPad app, with funds from iTunes cards. By switching over to direct billing, I will no longer be using your app for future purchases. I doubt that my stance will have any noticeable impact on your bottom line; I'm not foolish enough to think so. However, I wonder how many other customers are like me? I hope that your additional 30% that you'll glean by not going through Apple will be worth it. It's a complete shame - your app technology is far & away the best way to view comics on an iPad; coupled with the ease-of-use of the Apple iTunes ecosystem, you had a win-win situation.

--USER DATA--
Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_2) AppleWebKit/537.75.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.3 Safari/537.75.14 
IP: 50.164.1.123 
Hostname: www.comixology.com 
Device: com.comixology.comics 
Referrer: https://www.comixology.com/ 
Username:  
For your reference this is Case #: 481037. 

Did you know we have a support Twitter account? It's super fast!

[[4568e9df40b7b236a3654a59c97341c628768d9c-231067446]]

post #122 of 128

Since this particular dead horse hasn't been beaten enough yet, check out this great editorial:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/27/gerry-conway-the-comixology-outrage/

post #123 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave MacLachlan View Post

Since this particular dead horse hasn't been beaten enough yet, check out this great editorial:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/04/27/gerry-conway-the-comixology-outrage/

Probably wishful thinking, but I wonder if Apple will step into the fray, if not publicly, then at least behind the scenes. It's a high-profile app and I can see them taking action as needed.
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
Post from mstone to Benjamin Frost - "Perhaps that explains your lack of mental capacity. If I was your brother, I probably would have repeatedly smashed the side of your head with a cricket bat."
post #124 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Probably wishful thinking, but I wonder if Apple will step into the fray, if not publicly, then at least behind the scenes. It's a high-profile app and I can see them taking action as needed.

I, unfortunately, doubt very much that Apple will do anything about this. Amazon has no reason to be accommodating; they've managed to make it by with having the same crap happen with their own Kindle app. Really not happy with Amazon now.

I know they won't do it, but I wish that Apple would force additional language in the app description, something like: "Due to the decisions made by Amazon, the owners of Comixology, in order to actually read any comics in this app, you will need to exit it, go to the Comixology website in Safari, search for the title, add it to your shopping cart, purchase it through the website, then go back to your Comixology app and wait for it to appear in your "Purchased" area."

post #125 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave MacLachlan View Post

Here's a WONDERFUL (sarcasm fully intentional) example of how well Comixology/Amazon listens to customer feedback...

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your patience. We know that you’ve come to expect fast, effective support from us and we want to make sure you continue experiencing that. We’ve received a high volume of emails over the past two days and want to set the expectation that it will take us longer than usual to get back to you.

As you may know, we no longer support in-app purchasing through comiXology iOS and have shifted to a web-based purchasing model that will allow us to strike the best balance between prices, selection and customer experience. You’ll now need to make all of your purchases on comixology.com and then the comics will sync over to your app. 

Our web store is home to many exclusive money saving features like comiXology’s web-only bundles, subscriptions, and eGift cards. In fact, Subscriptions are a super convenient way to ensure the latest issues of your favorite series get delivered directly to your account as soon as they are released.

If you’re having trouble finding books that were previously available to you in the original Comics app, we’ll work with you to track everything down. 

Start by opening the original Comics app, logging into your comiXology account, and tapping the Restore button at the top left of the Purchases tab. That will sync up your Apple ID purchases to your comiXology username. If you’re noticing that all of your comics are not showing up in your comiXology account, it’s possible that some of those Apple ID purchases were synced to a different comiXology account. No worries there, we can work to merge multiple accounts.

If you’re having trouble signing into your account, or if you haven’t reset your password since March 6th, follow this link: https://www.comixology.com/forgot

For any additional questions, or if you still need support, please contact us at support@comixology.com

As always, we can’t thank you enough for your support. Nothing matters more to us than our community.

- Andrew

How are we doing?
APR 26, 2014  |  07:25PM EDT 

Original message
comiXology wrote:

Congratulations. I've purchased the majority of my comics through your original iPad app, with funds from iTunes cards. By switching over to direct billing, I will no longer be using your app for future purchases. I doubt that my stance will have any noticeable impact on your bottom line; I'm not foolish enough to think so. However, I wonder how many other customers are like me? I hope that your additional 30% that you'll glean by not going through Apple will be worth it. It's a complete shame - your app technology is far & away the best way to view comics on an iPad; coupled with the ease-of-use of the Apple iTunes ecosystem, you had a win-win situation.

--USER DATA--

Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_9_2) AppleWebKit/537.75.14 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0.3 Safari/537.75.14 

IP: 50.164.1.123 

Hostname: www.comixology.com 

Referrer: https://www.comixology.com/ 

Username:  
For your reference this is Case #: 481037. 

Did you know we have a support Twitter account? It's super fast!

[[4568e9df40b7b236a3654a59c97341c628768d9c-231067446]]

Received the exact same email from "Andrew" after asking them to help me with deleting my account.

NOT the way to handle this. Disregarding anything you say and pretending like somehow we are still wanting to be excited about them stripping features. Lol

Here's my email and response. I literally wrote: "would like to delete my account." Their response? "Thanks for your support."

I went from simply wanting to delete an account I won't use... To despising the company.

Hi there,

As you may know, we no longer support in-app purchasing through comiXology iOS and have shifted to a web-based purchasing model that will allow us to strike the best balance between prices, selection and customer experience. You’ll now need to make all of your purchases on comixology.com and then the comics will sync over to your app.

If you’re having trouble signing into your account, or if you haven’t reset your password since March 6th, follow this link: https://www.comixology.com/forgot

For any additional questions, or if you still need support, please contact us at support@comixology.com

- Andrew
How are we doing?

APR 27, 2014 | 04:11AM EDT
Original message
comiXology wrote:

Would like to delete my comixology account.

--USER DATA--
Useragent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 7_1_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D201 Safari/9537.53
IP: xxxxxx
Hostname: www.comixology.com
Referrer: https://www.comixology.com/my-account/profile
Username: xxxxxx
For your reference this is Case #: xxxxxx
Did you know we have a support Twitter account?
Edited by 9secondko - 4/29/14 at 1:55am
post #126 of 128

I too received a stock email response that did not at all address my message sent to them but mine was different than the posted one above.

post #127 of 128
Ha! It's funny because when I initially read through their email to you guys I really thought they were being helpful and professional... Until I actually read what you initially contacted them about. Someone just pushed a button. Somehow, this doesn't make me feel any better. Sigh... 😔
post #128 of 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashFan207 View Post

Ha! It's funny because when I initially read through their email to you guys I really thought they were being helpful and professional... Until I actually read what you initially contacted them about. Someone just pushed a button. Somehow, this doesn't make me feel any better. Sigh... 😔

I'd be surprised if there even is a person pushing a button. Sounds more like it's set on auto response.
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example" Mark Twain
"Just because something is deemed the law doesn't make it just" - SolipsismX
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • ComiXology ceases iOS in-app purchases following Amazon acquisition
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › ComiXology ceases iOS in-app purchases following Amazon acquisition