or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Jury to hear extended testimony due to federal appeals court ruling

Jury to hear extended testimony due to federal appeals court ruling - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Edited: I see soft key explained it.

To sum up for GG, the idea of a server running on the same machine was around long before 1996. I guarantee you the inventor was aware of this. Even beginner computer science students would know this. Very poor attemp to try and confuse what a server really is.

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

Author of The Fuel Injection Bible

post #42 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, they’re completely different. You are wrong. End of discussion.

Back up big fellow.

To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts,
by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors
the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;

The constitution provided the idea,
The congress provides the laws.

Copyrights , trademarks, patents all spring from the same source
but yes implementation details differ.
post #43 of 45
Originally Posted by Frank pope View Post
Copyrights , trademarks, patents all spring from the same source

Protection of ideas, yes.

…but yes implementation details differ.

One expires in 20 years, the other lasts until the heat death of the Universe. That’s a little bit different.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.

Originally Posted by helia

I can break your arm if I apply enough force, but in normal handshaking this won't happen ever.
post #44 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Protection of ideas, yes.

One expires in 20 years, the other lasts until the heat death of the Universe. That’s a little bit different.

Maybe your right about that cosmic thing....
Good read on subject.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-switch/wp/2013/10/25/15-years-ago-congress-kept-mickey-mouse-out-of-the-public-domain-will-they-do-it-again/
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Edited: I see soft key explained it.

To sum up for GG, the idea of a server running on the same machine was around long before 1996. I guarantee you the inventor was aware of this. Even beginner computer science students would know this. Very poor attemp to try and confuse what a server really is.

No need to sum it up for me. It won't matter what you think was meant by the claim Eric. Won't matter what I think it is or Softkey thinks it is either. The court will now be the one determining what the inventor meant. I personally think the chances are that the court will end up a whole lot closer to what Posner thought than what Apple would prefer.
Edited by Gatorguy - 4/28/14 at 9:32am
melior diabolus quem scies
melior diabolus quem scies
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Jury to hear extended testimony due to federal appeals court ruling